Anyone Can Recommend A Good Glooming Center?

Re: Anyone Can Recommend A Good Glooming Center?

DarkPlatiniumGrey;503138 said:
I will be collecting my car soon and wish to seek some advice from experience owners.

1) Do I need to go for Paint Protection System from Day 1 or should I send it after a few months?

2) I wonder whether is it wise to sign-up a exterior and interior car care package with PML which is $800plus. (3 times a year).

Q1) your car will probably have fine scratches and swirl marks on day 1. If you are very particular, you can send for restoration at an established company. I am not referring to polishing services at PML. But if your car is black, or worse, JET black... i think its hard to avoid paint imperfections with time. Even when you wash your own car, fine scratches are hard to avoid. on my black car, just rubbing your finger along a dusty portion will leave fine marks.

Q2) do you really need to send your car for "intensive" grooming 3 times a year @$800? I would maybe do it twice a year max, and that sort of session to just get it nice and shiny costs alot less elsewhere. even a mobile groomer can clay, seal and wax your car for 60-80 bucks each session. To just maintain a shine, I'd go with a mobile groomer 3 times a year; maybe go for a restoration once a year. More cost effective, no?

Hi motornut,

Thank you for your frank opinion. I also find it expensive to go for the 3 times a year "Interior & Exteriort package". I may just go for the "Exterior package" which is $500+ just to ensure Good Initial Protection to the paintwork. Perhap. I can share in due course whether the package is worthwhile.

Cheers!

woah..I second motornut opinion. Is not a matter of good paint protection, Let not talk about orange peel. Basically the car itself has a good layer of clearcoat, good paint quality. A regular maintenance would be sufficient.

jaslyn;503385 said:
Hi,

You can visit the website :: Amazing Glaze :: for more information.

Cheers

tsk tsk, I am more interested to know the feedback from end users. Perhaps some reviews from those guys in DW or DB would be awesme.

DarkPlatiniumGrey;503584 said:
Hi motornut,

Thank you for your frank opinion. I also find it expensive to go for the 3 times a year "Interior & Exteriort package". I may just go for the "Exterior package" which is $500+ just to ensure Good Initial Protection to the paintwork. Perhap. I can share in due course whether the package is worthwhile.

Cheers!

i've tried it before, exterior only. it looks nice and shiny after the session, but protection doesn't last that long. i noticed water beading effect fades off after about 2 - 3 months, and my car is not driven daily so it's less exposed to the elements. Swirls, scratches are not completely removed. I did not go back. I feel it is more of a "regular" grooming type than paint restoration. And for that, there are other cheaper alternatives. If I were you, I'd give the Zaino guys a try instead.

motorknut;503722 said:
i've tried it before, exterior only. it looks nice and shiny after the session, but protection doesn't last that long. i noticed water beading effect fades off after about 2 - 3 months, and my car is not driven daily so it's less exposed to the elements. Swirls, scratches are not completely removed. I did not go back. I feel it is more of a "regular" grooming type than paint restoration. And for that, there are other cheaper alternatives. If I were you, I'd give the Zaino guys a try instead.
definitel zaino for the shine!

May I know who is "The Zaino Guys"?

Sounds like he can do Magic... Love to know more about it. Or is there any thread somewhere I missed.

Thank you.

DarkPlatiniumGrey;503809 said:
May I know who is "The Zaino Guys"?

Sounds like he can do Magic... Love to know more about it. Or is there any thread somewhere I missed.

Thank you.
few groomers in singapore use zaino products. 2 of them i know r 1st auto and groomwerkz. i am using groomwerkz at the moment. u can google for their contact.

Hi,

can also try CarzCom: Chandra 9387 2762

happy grooming
cheers

Hi DarkPlatiniumGrey,

You are welcome. The price range from $488-$688 depending on the series for just the exterior.

The exterior package includes:
-Restored car paint to showroom condition
-Apply nanotechnology paint protection system to all body panels
-lean and apply dressing to all interior trim
-Clean alloy wheels and apply black dressing to tyres
-Apply window cleaner to remove traffic pollutants
-Clean chrome and other body parts
-General interior vacuuming and cleaning

We also have the exterior and interior package range from $720-$990. This package includes leather care. Your car is new so i dont think you will need it. If you want to do it, maybe you can do it on your 2nd year.

It better to bring the car to us asap, to let us protect the car paint so that we can prevent the acid pollutants to burn into the car paint. If the acid pollutants that burn in too deep into the car paint, it will be hard for us to remove everything.

If you still have any question, feel free to call me @ 90262285

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

aerobic;494966 said:
Hi anyone can recommend me a good and hopefully not a too expensive glooming or polishing place I can take my car to for a good polish?;)

Whenever i need a good glooming.
I play my Nirvana Unplugged CD all day long.

Gets me gloomy
No matter how cheery my day started.

niteblu;503981 said:
Whenever i need a good glooming.
I play my Nirvana Unplugged CD all day long.

Gets me gloomy
No matter how cheery my day started.

Haha...yeah I listen to Eels "Electro-Shock Blues" to get me gloomy. Even his happy songs sound sad.

marklee;504005 said:
Haha...yeah I listen to Eels "Electro-Shock Blues" to get me gloomy. Even his happy songs sound sad.

I agree... Eels.

Beautiful freak, terribly depressing.
esp. Novocaine for the soul.

hashimms;495762 said:
its $50 for external grooming, add $20 for internal
external includes wash, clay, polish,wax and sealant.... including tyre and windows polishing.
Cheers

Can PM me his contact? Thanks.

Hello,

Can PM me his contcat please? Thanks.

hashimms;495057 said:
I'm currently getting this guy, Sam, to do my new E60. He uses only Autoglym products, puts 3 coatings(polish, wax, sealant). Very meticulous to details.
He will even let you use his car if needed while he grooms your car:)
Excellent service. He charges very minimal. If you want pm me for his details as im not sure if i can post his contact here:)

i have tried this 'nano technology' pps for my previous ride and i swear that it lasts for more than 18 mths. it still beads beautifully when washed. the paintwork stills shine and no evidence of colour fading. i drove in harsh conditions at construction sites. no shampoo, waxing or polish needed. just clean plain water for washing - mon to fri by bangala (paid hor).

when i got my wowo last oct, i send it immediately to have it pps. regret it now cos i only drive < 5 mths .......... now goto do it for my whitteeeee again!

hashimms;495057 said:
I'm currently getting this guy, Sam, to do my new E60. He uses only Autoglym products, puts 3 coatings(polish, wax, sealant). Very meticulous to details.
Excellent service. He charges very minimal. If you want pm me for his details as im not sure if i can post his contact here:)
Hi, can I have Sam's contact too? Thanks!

hashimms;495057 said:

Hi,

can PM me Sam's contact please? Thank you.

Steven

Just tried out Groomwerkz for the first time yesterday after reading some of the +ve comments. I am totally impressed with their workmanship and the friendliness of the staff.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fc777comph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back