Anyone change Auto Gearbox before?

franklkk

Hi, any bros or sis here replace his brimmer auto gearbox before? I suspect mine going to kaput Liao. My mileage now is 131k. I always felt that my gearbox was not sensitive after engaging either to Reverse or Drive. I can't drive or reverse immediately cos I need to wait for half to a second before start moving.

Any bros & sis here come across this situation & replace your gearbox before? How much will it cost to replace a new gearbox or should I send for repair?

Thanks

Re: Anyone change Auto Gearbox before?

franklkk;727241 said:
Hi, any bros or sis here replace his brimmer auto gearbox before? I suspect mine going to kaput Liao. My mileage now is 131k. I always felt that my gearbox was not sensitive after engaging either to Reverse or Drive. I can't drive or reverse immediately cos I need to wait for half to a second before start moving.

Any bros & sis here come across this situation & replace your gearbox before? How much will it cost to replace a new gearbox or should I send for repair?

Thanks

IIRC, the estimated figure should be around S$10,000, which is inclusive of both the transmission itself, the Mechatronic and the labour. This is if you choose to do it at PML.

There are some ppl on the forum that have done gearbox repairs outside, you might wanna check out those threads.

Thanks for your advice. I did a search but did not find any thread discuss about replacing gearbox. Therefore, I want to seek advice from those bro here who have replace their gearbox before.

Last edited by a moderator:

franklkk;727301 said:
Thanks for your advice. I did a search but did not find any thread discuss about replacing gearbox. Therefore, I want to seek advice from those bro here who have replace their gearbox before.

Oic, from my memory, some of the forummers changed a valve from the transmission or the mechatronic. Cost them 3 to 4 thousand to change this and revive the transmission.

Thanks. Hope all this bros can give me some advice on this issue.

Oh oh.... what happened to yours?

lkm;727686 said:
Oh oh.... what happened to yours?

Faults keep coming. One after another. I think by the time I fix all the problems. The cost will able to to down payment for a new car. LL man.

time to change car ... hitmee says

franklkk;727690 said:
Faults keep coming. One after another. I think by the time I fix all the problems. The cost will able to to down payment for a new car. LL man.

franklkk;727690 said:

or next car try Audi???

cheers

wt_know;727691 said:

I guess so but spent so much on repairing the car n now ask me to change car. Da shiok leh.

wt_know;727691 said:

I guess so but spent so much on repairing the car n now ask me to change car. Do feel shiok leh.

ac323;727693 said:
or next car try Audi???

cheers

Not now. I will send my car for advice first. After that will see whether to change car or not.

Or can get a recon gearbox.... then pray hard that that one lasts you long long....

lkm;727702 said:
Or can get a recon gearbox.... then pray hard that that one lasts you long long....

Yap. This is what in my mind. Thanks for the advice

When my GB uplorry, i sold it away. No point to repair it despite $$ spend on upkeeping.

davidtch;728431 said:
When my GB uplorry, i sold it away. No point to repair it despite $$ spend on upkeeping.

Aiyoh... now COE so high... people looking at changing GB, not changing car leh.....

lkm;727702 said:

I dun mind to spend on a recon gearbox w installation at $5k & below, provided it can last me for another 100k km

Looking at the Coe. I don't think is the time to change car cos I don't want to benefit LTA & bank. I will either repair it or get a recon GB & hope that it can last for another 3 & half years before I scrap my car.

Hi bro,

i know how you feel right now, it is too late to even think about changing car or to trade in,

the i -drive will show transmission fault, every now and then.mine 200,000km E60

options1 : overhaul- one year and drive will not be the same again , reputable workshop in JB
S $6,000 , need 2 weeks

option 2: buy chop car get gear box - no guarantee about S$4000.00 excluding installation

option 3- brand new gear box from PMLS $ 11,000, 2 days , peace of mind, 2 year warranty

i went for the option 3, no regrets ......................, imagine the loss of use of car one day how much inconveniece, somemore 2 years warranty and done but PML............it is worth it.

if i have taken other options, i would have saved some money but ..............you know what i mean.

go for it bro.

At current COE, maybe is wiser to spend $11,000 on the brand new gear box if:

1. Owner have the intention to keep the car for at least a few more years.
2. The car is in good condition and is good to keep

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sodo6789skin
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back