Anyone change Auto Gearbox before?

Re: Anyone change Auto Gearbox before?

Thanks for advice. After the 6 day of CNY, I wanted to send my car to BVO for check but they are closed. After that I am too busy to send till now. I update you guys once I get my car diagnoise.

franklkk;753291 said:
Hi all, I am sad to announce that this morning while on my way to work. The symbol of RED exclamation mark inside a circular gear appeared. Guess I must do something liao. Sian :verysad:

I had the same thing in Nov last year and got my gearbox overhauled at BM Workshop. Cost was $4200. The BM Workshop mechanic saw that symbol on my dashboard and he calls it "the red rambutan of death" for the gearbox...

Today drive my car to work. No error code. Smoothly reached my office. I will monitor first & see when will the error code appear again. I

had that sign once, and sometimes when slowing down at traffic junctions, the engine dies off. had the car diagnosed n the valvetronic, dunno what actuator n sensor gone. had them replaced n so far, the car seems ok. advised by my mechanic not to fix anything that is not broken. i'm gonna drive till car cannot start b4 i change gb..... but heck, just get it diagnosed n know what is wrong b4 u decide what to do next.

relaxed;754686 said:
had that sign once, and sometimes when slowing down at traffic junctions, the engine dies off. had the car diagnosed n the valvetronic, dunno what actuator n sensor gone. had them replaced n so far, the car seems ok. advised by my mechanic not to fix anything that is not broken. i'm gonna drive till car cannot start b4 i change gb..... but heck, just get it diagnosed n know what is wrong b4 u decide what to do next.

Me too. I plan to drive until I need to call for a tow truck to tow my car to the workshop. Between can u Pm me the workshop that u have your valvetronic change? What is the damage for the repair?

Thanks

franklkk;754694 said:
Me too. I plan to drive until I need to call for a tow truck to tow my car to the workshop. Between can u Pm me the workshop that u have your valvetronic change? What is the damage for the repair?

Thanks
Good luck!! Been there & can feel the pain.

davidtch;754977 said:
Good luck!! Been there & can feel the pain.

Thanks for your luck. Tomorrow maybe strike 4D to cover the repair cost.

franklkk;754982 said:
Thanks for your luck. Tomorrow maybe strike 4D to cover the repair cost.
I sold my car body to Propel for $1k. My COE left with 1+ yrs.

Hi all, finally I have my car fixed as the symbol of "RED exclamation mark inside a circular gear" appeared again. The WS after diagnosed my car confirmed that my gearbox faulty is at no 3....4 as shown in the diagnose kit. The mechanic said is the fault of the valve body. He said this is the defects for 3, 5 & 7 series. It is very common. Total damage for the repair is $1,700. Parts change is AFT oil change together with Oil Pan & filter. A set of 7 pieces of look like metal rods that he called it "Prolonight" (My own translation. I also don't what is it. Any bros here have any ideas what is it? He said this is located in the gearbox that control the gears). Wire connector change, programs resetting & labour charge.

I don't whether the price is reasonable or not but just want to resolve the problems one and for all.

Most of the time gearbox failed due to valve-body and sometimes known as mechatronics unit....btw who is the mechanic?

That part is called solenoid,Normally bmw gearbox problem is either the solenoid or valve body. U had replace the solenoid but now u should finder cross for your valve body.

franklkk;757240 said:
Hi all, finally I have my car fixed as the symbol of "RED exclamation mark inside a circular gear" appeared again. The WS after diagnosed my car confirmed that my gearbox faulty is at no 3....4 as shown in the diagnose kit. The mechanic said is the fault of the valve body. He said this is the defects for 3, 5 & 7 series. It is very common. Total damage for the repair is $1,700. Parts change is AFT oil change together with Oil Pan & filter. A set of 7 pieces of look like metal rods that he called it "Prolonight" (My own translation. I also don't what is it. Any bros here have any ideas what is it? He said this is located in the gearbox that control the gears). Wire connector change, programs resetting & labour charge.

I don't whether the price is reasonable or not but just want to resolve the problems one and for all.

Good to hear that finally you have resolved the gearbox problem.

Is it done by BM workshop at Bt. Merah?

sherman0888;757247 said:
That part is called solenoid,Normally bmw gearbox problem is either the solenoid or valve body. U had replace the solenoid but now u should finder cross for your valve body.

Thanks for your clarification on the parts that I have replaced. But, I would like to know actually what do you mean by " finder cross for your valve body"? Sorry, I know nothing about engine & parts.

Jarren;757249 said:
Good to hear that finally you have resolved the gearbox problem.

Is it done by BM workshop at Bt. Merah?

No. This is not a sponsor WS. This WS is located at Kaki Bukit.

Now is my turn. GB just failed without any earlier symptom when returning back from work.
Was stopping at a traffic light, GB suddenly start jerking badly. Change to P, Off engine, restart car, shift back to D. Jerking still present.
Traffic light turn green, car still can drive off but never change gear and at the same time GB error light. Slowly move to a bus stop.
Call workshop and arrange for tow truck.:(:(
My car mileage about 111k

franklkk;757266 said:
Thanks for your clarification on the parts that I have replaced. But, I would like to know actually what do you mean by " finder cross for your valve body"? Sorry, I know nothing about engine & parts.

Sorry ,i mean finger cross...typo error...

TohTo;757403 said:
Now is my turn. GB just failed without any earlier symptom when returning back from work.
Was stopping at a traffic light, GB suddenly start jerking badly. Change to P, Off engine, restart car, shift back to D. Jerking still present.
Traffic light turn green, car still can drive off but never change gear and at the same time GB error light. Slowly move to a bus stop.

Same same...most probably Valve-Body or Solenoid .

TohTo;757403 said:

Have the WS diagnoise what is the fault??

franklkk;757930 said:
Have the WS diagnoise what is the fault??

Valve body. :shakehea::shakehea:
My coolant backup tank had very slow leak for sometimes already. Though of exchanged during next service. Now pocket burnt a very big hole :shakehea::shakehea:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go99pcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back