Anyone change Auto Gearbox before?

Re: Anyone change Auto Gearbox before?

I am not keeping the after 10 yrs so I might go for recon GB or to send my GB for repair. Send to JB for 2 weeks & I am not comfortable of doing that. Must well send a bit more get it done in sg so that I go back much more easier.

I have the impression that normally the valve body is give problem. How do the workshop know is whole gearbox not just the valve body?

Workshop can diagnose...Years ago my E39 also have gearbox problem and I sent to Khang Auto (Yes the current infamous one) whom during that time specialize in Auto -Trans (and not selling warranty packages) and they replace the Valve body or Mechatronics unit..

I know of a company that is now specialize in repairing auto-trans and they are getting all the business from the taxi-company..yes Sonata gearbox and they told me they can repair auto-trans of any makes...

wt_know;731913 said:
an easy way out suggestion and more business :D

Unprofessional lor... I still dun really believe ZF gearbox can last only 100k km.

zorro;731923 said:
I know of a company that is now specialize in repairing auto-trans and they are getting all the business from the taxi-company..yes Sonata gearbox and they told me they can repair auto-trans of any makes...

Which company? Can share? I am in sonata taxi company how come I dun know.. :)

eddienike;731999 said:
Unprofessional lor... I still dun really believe ZF gearbox can last only 100k km.

Just to share..

My Mechatronic kaput @ less than 24 000km usage. Adaptation done on 20.10.11 & software upgrade done on 28.10.11. On 07.01.12, fault code came out again! And dyno advise to replace it..

Now waiting for parts to arrive.. :(

guess is a heng, suay thingy ... Am glad it give way during warranty period. If not chor bee hoon!!

Cheers ~~ :)

tomace;732010 said:
Just to share..

My Mechatronic kaput @ less than 24 000km usage. Adaptation done on 20.10.11 & software upgrade done on 28.10.11. On 07.01.12, fault code came out again! And dyno advise to replace it..

Now waiting for parts to arrive.. :(

guess is a heng, suay thingy ... Am glad it give way during warranty period. If not chor bee hoon!!

Cheers ~~ :)

24k km indeed short lifespan. Mechatronic kaput show any signs?

I know reset adaption do help but software upgrade works?

The rest like me without warranty anymore will be waiting for chor bee hoon!
:shock:

eddienike;732158 said:
24k km indeed short lifespan. Mechatronic kaput show any signs?

I know reset adaption do help but software upgrade works?

The rest like me without warranty anymore will be waiting for chor bee hoon!
:shock:

Dunno if this is a signs or not.. Since day one gotten my ride, gear seems like to drag before shifting to e next level..

Adaptation & software upgrades are suggested & done by MA. Was told its their procedure to do step at a time before their chor bee hoon.. :huhhuh:

hey guys.. i face the same problem.. gear drag at first , then went for the software reprogramming. gear drag problem solved but now got a "tuck " or jerk feeling when slowing down or coming to a stop, and then the gear warning sign came out. Went to check and was told the mechatronic or whatever electronic device up the lorry. now still contemplating on either eat Chor Bee Hoon or change car......

Sean Lee;732621 said:
hey guys.. i face the same problem.. gear drag at first , then went for the software reprogramming. gear drag problem solved but now got a "tuck " or jerk feeling when slowing down or coming to a stop, and then the gear warning sign came out. Went to check and was told the mechatronic or whatever electronic device up the lorry. now still contemplating on either eat Chor Bee Hoon or change car......

I got the same too... :( Change car or repair... :(

:juggle:

my former car at 230 000km started to have drag gear issue.....then did all the research, basically, it is the valve issue else the torque converter issue.....get checked properly. valve issue can get change easily and like 2.5K for all parts and labour. Torque converter is about 1.5k with labour. Usually only 1 of the 2 items kaput. The rest will not kaput bacause they are solid metal GEARs....:)

stevenwu;736349 said:
my former car at 230 000km started to have drag gear issue.....then did all the research, basically, it is the valve issue else the torque converter issue.....get checked properly. valve issue can get change easily and like 2.5K for all parts and labour. Torque converter is about 1.5k with labour. Usually only 1 of the 2 items kaput. The rest will not kaput bacause they are solid metal GEARs....:)

Bro, can pm me the workshop. I would like to visit them for health check.

eddienike;736592 said:
Bro, can pm me the workshop. I would like to visit them for health check.

BM Workshop at Bukit Merah....

call them first to ask.

That was a few years back on my former car :)

well just FYI guys, the older E90s (pre-LCI) have ZF 6 speed (ZF 6 HP i think is the model, later i go google)
edit: ZF6HP26

the newer LCI ones are using a GM 6 speed (GM 6 LR or something, later i go google...)
edit: GM6L46R

but hearsay ZF is smoother but more unreliable...

it is true that I feel my GM abit laggy and shifts funky in D/DS mode that's why now I drive in manual mode, but it is very smooth shifting (ZF jerky shifts). reliability still dunno...

actually hard to compare cos i bought a 2nd hand E90 '06, then this new '11 E90 LCI is brand new. dunno how ex owner treat the car.

pls thank me for my useful post. davidcb say one

Last edited by a moderator:

From the mechanical point of view, those gear won't spoilt so easily. Jerky or drag basically lied on the control of the gear box which is the valve body and solenoid. If WS ask to change GB better think twice. At most change out the solenoid and valve body should the problem. Cost max is 3k depend on which WS.

stevenwu;736937 said:
BM Workshop at Bukit Merah....

call them first to ask.

That was a few years back on my former car :)

This is what I've found.

BM Workshop

Address : Blk 1010 Bukit Merah Lane 3 #01-103 S(159724)

Phone : 62758566

Category : Repair & Servicing

Last edited by a moderator:

This workshop always parked with a lot of cars and they are very very busy. It is advisable to call them first before go down to see them.

Hi all, I am sad to announce that this morning while on my way to work. The symbol of RED exclamation mark inside a circular gear appeared. Guess I must do something liao. Sian :verysad:

have u sent for diagnostic check? what's the fault stated? if really gb, think a recon one will be good enuff to last u till ur coe expires. usually ws give some warranty also. do have it checked n update us.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
game789clubb
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back