Anyone know if there's any workshop offering warranty for used E90?

vinlis77

Hi,

Wondering if there's any workshop offering warranty for our used E90? And how much will it cost per year or max mileage?

What are the procedures to subscribe if any?

Any advise will be appreciated.

Re: Anyone know if there's any workshop offering warranty for used E90?

Be interested to know as well, but it seems more likely to come bundled with used car dealer workshop.

There's a workshop that I heard in Sin Ming called LTM, but not sure on how it works nor costs involved.

ok. Will google about them to find out. If no details, will try calling them within the next few days. Thanks for the info.

warranty for used car i think there was a bizness that run road, a lot of cars got stuck there

how to warranty a car that could be potentially 8-10k of repair cost. how much u expect to pay?

Yes bro. Sin Ming blk 9. Lim Tan Motorsport ( LTM ) They does offer warranty to cars. Im still on warranty with them. Bought 1 year warranty with them. If wanna renew or purchase new warranty with them. There's a costs. But need to let them inspect your car first. Full inspection. Hope this helps you.

Hmm, is not nice to post the costs here.. To get the costs, it is better to make a call to them and enquire or a trip down.

LTM??? Did up my scooby there previously.. will refrain from commenting on their expertise in public forum.

On the other hand, anybody tried taking up this insurance package before?
Extended Warranty

why ? noticed that in SG - consumer protect retailers. e.g. what's wrong with saying they charged x amount for the warranty ...... they made people sign NDA when buying warranty ?

Tian_Long;935428 said:
Hmm, is not nice to post the costs here.. To get the costs, it is better to make a call to them and enquire or a trip down.

detach8;935425 said:
warranty for used car i think there was a bizness that run road, a lot of cars got stuck there

how to warranty a car that could be potentially 8-10k of repair cost. how much u expect to pay?

repair at $100-$200 may be will do. anything higher will brush off as normal or take forever to troubleshoot.

yalor, most one is willing to pay from $500 to less than $1k for warranty. you think the workshop will fix your gearbox problem? even common wear and tear like valvtronic and fuel pump repair already more than $500

Last edited by a moderator:

How Boss' warranty ? Anyone tried ?

wt_know;935456 said:
repair at $100-$200 may be will do. anything higher will brush off as normal or take forever to troubleshoot.

yalor, most one is willing to pay from $500 to less than $1k for warranty. you think the workshop will fix your gearbox problem? even common wear and tear like valvtronic and fuel pump repair already more than $500

Many years back i bought 2 year extended mfgr warranty from Mazda for $888. For them as the manufacturer, they have the failure rates of their car parts, and hence could better estimate the failure rates from such warranties. Whilst i think i didn't get the value out of the extended 2 year warranty, i got piece of mind and actually only replaced one leaking shock absorber and one driver side window motor.

A 3rd party like a motor workshop willing to take up used car warranties doesn't make business sense to me anyways. Given they must sign up sufficiently large number of business, plus they can manage the claim process. Different makes have different parts failure rates so the warranty claims varies.

I would be really surprised if this can 1) make a business case out of this, and 2) last long to fulfill their obligations under the warranties issued, as this is basically an "insurance type" of business, and if insurance companies are not even in it, let along a smaller workshop. If it's with alot of T&C, doesn't cover this, doesn't cover that then it also defeats the purposes of buying this.

my next car will be toyota.got 5 year warranty.

Prius ai mai? Battery warranty 10 years.

Found one workshop which is recommended here. Quoted $2.5k, half year or 10,000km. Worth it?

Don't think so, hard to end up winning on this one.

vinlis77;935776 said:
Found one workshop which is recommended here. Quoted $2.5k, half year or 10,000km. Worth it?

Red_Bean_Bun;935435 said:
why ? noticed that in SG - consumer protect retailers. e.g. what's wrong with saying they charged x amount for the warranty ...... they made people sign NDA when buying warranty ?

Bro, don't get me wrong. I'm not gonna protect anyone.. Just that I don't wanna give the wrong info.. That time I purchased at S$600.. Now not sure how much.. Hope this helps u.. Cheers :)

vinlis77;935776 said:

Bro, try to get quote from Optima Werkz, they're formally from LTM, my car is under their service warranty bought by dealer.
Pls note that, they'll need to evaluate your car before offering the warranty, all servicing need to be there...so far their prices quite reasonable, some item at the high side, but u can buy parts to let them install.

Jason
9640 9773

Bought a car from executive motor and was warranty by Optima Werk.
The servicing is very expensive and the coverage is so low.
Basically anything that is spoil they will tell me it's wear and tear!!!

Do you guys have any other workshop to recommend??

Ivy Ong;1072607 said:
Bought a car from executive motor and was warranty by Optima Werk.
The servicing is very expensive and the coverage is so low.
Basically anything that is spoil they will tell me it's wear and tear!!!

Do you guys have any other workshop to recommend??

For wear and tear repairs, all the site sponsor workshops listed in this website is good.

Try BVO, boss, juzzforcar, R2D.

There are also non site sponsor workshops discussed here as well. Just search and you will find

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sodo66ncom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back