Anyone know if there's any workshop offering warranty for used E90?

Re: Anyone know if there's any workshop offering warranty for used E90?

Ivy Ong;1072607 said:
Bought a car from executive motor and was warranty by Optima Werk.
The servicing is very expensive and the coverage is so low.
Basically anything that is spoil they will tell me it's wear and tear!!!

Do you guys have any other workshop to recommend??
Very expensive as compared to???

What is covered under warranty??

Did you check warranty coverage when you buy car??

davidtch;1072630 said:
Very expensive as compared to???

What is covered under warranty??

Did you check warranty coverage when you buy car??

Wonder why buy already then realize that ws never cover most parts?

Best is to keep the money to repair yourself.

People that is in used car business knows what these used car warranties is for.

Ivy Ong said:

Welcome to the forum, Ivy.

Nice first post on a negative feedback.

Ivy Ong;1072607 said:

Great first post :thumbsup: People can tell you're a bloke a mile away, Ivy.

I recommend JB workshops.

Ivy Ong;1072607 said:

Ivy,

OW sells warranties. The warranty prices are all published. everyone gets a same price across the board, depending on the category of your car. it is on a booklet that is is distributed.

Inside that booklet it is specified, not unlike a warranty package u get from dealers. it doesn't cover wear and tear items like wipers, tires, brakepads, lightbulbs, etc etc. everything is quantified and specified.

your car shud have gone thru a pre check up b4 being warrantied. you would have to acknowledge and both u and OW will sign on an agreement.

oil change parts and filters etc....from mobil 1 to shell to Castrol to whatever you want. all the prices are discussed and communicated to you before any work is done.

to help us help you Ivy, can you let me know your warranty number and we can advise you or sit down to address your dissatisfaction.

Totoseow - I bet my Bell & Ross with you Ivy will not surface with the warranty details.

Base on my experience with Optima Werk (OW).. my car was brought from a dealer and found to have solenoids problem (Jerk when stopping). Dealer refer me to Jason (OW). Dealer asked him to just change gear oil and he refused becos he tested my car and he knows that changing oil will not help he insisted on changing the solenoids. Dealer refuse to pay for that and in the end I had to half half with dealer.

I personally when down to see how my car was done (change solenoids) at 8pm.... as seriously I was afraid that they may use recon parts or never change or just change oil. BUT after seeing how their works are done. I give my thumbs up to them. Everything they promised are there... work till 9pm ++ finished my car that go home. The 2 young Malaysia men that worked on my car are experienced and know what they are doing... I stand beside them asking them this and that.... they know ... they can tell and explain in details.

By the way I did my accident repair from OW also(ppl knock my butt) ... simply Genuine and Good service and workmanship!

Bros here that travel to Malaysia a lot can talk to Jason.. he have Tow service there too (Nvr use it before, its good to know as you may not know when things will happen)

Jason is the man I talked to and he is very friendly and experience. Prices wise I cannot comment with other in Singapore cos I did my servicing in JB (reason is cheaper and get away from wife :woottt:)

you all dunno how to enforce ur warranty rights....

If its under warranty and covers replacement of faulty parts and Dealer refuses, you get a 2nd or even 3rd opinion and then show to the dealer and if still refuse, you can always walk into CASE or your friendly lawyer and show who is Boss

MW;1072748 said:
you all dunno how to enforce ur warranty rights....

If its under warranty and covers replacement of faulty parts and Dealer refuses, you get a 2nd or even 3rd opinion and then show to the dealer and if still refuse, you can always walk into CASE or your friendly lawyer and show who is Boss

Engaged LaMWyer hor......

I have shared my experience in opti...... w...... i cannot reveal the workshop. I shared my experience previous, very vaguely and got flamed. Anyway i have to warn fellow bmw fans again here, go on and flame me if you like.

My personal point of view on warranty.

If i open a workshop.to take car warranty as a business, i will tell them they cannot service or change anything parts in other workshop. Reason is so that i can earn all the replacement services. Next, if you can and claim for gear box, i will find a old gear box to replace. To make.up for my 'losses' i will tell you there are many parts to be changed too (due too many parts, u will never know if some parts are indeed changed). I will.print out a invoice to tell you the replacement of gear box is $5000 but is foc. However, the many parts u need to change and labour come up to $1500. You will be happy to feel u have 'save' $3500 and plus u got many other wear and tear parts replaced.

If i offer u $600+ for one year warranty, i will earn whatever that are fixed under the warranty back. You think i will operate a losing business, especially for high parts replacement car like bmw?

I cannot do this business as i have a little bit integrity. Heard stories of many disgruntled customers rather give up the warranty. I had a differential gear issues and i raised to the workshop 1 week after i bought my car. After 3months with 6-8 visits, they cannot solve. I cant bring my car to other workshops as it would void my warranty, being kiasi.. i gave up and i drove to R&D. Within 5mins, the husband and wife team point out the part and explained the problem. Why? The Warranry workshop dont know a simple thing? If i can dont replace, i will drag and delay. Weeks becomes months and soon warranty is over. Unless u are dumb enough or guilible to buy a 3 years warranty with me. Oh man it is cheap, $1500 for 3 years, where to find?

I am with BMworkshop now. Very straight forward business, spoil i tell you, and up to you if you want to repair. Upfront and honest. If you want to stinge, by all means, get a second parts. At least u know what is new or old when they replace.

Well said, the only warranty worth buying is one that come with the manufacturer IMHO.

I don't think the issue lies with the concept of extended warranty.

The issue lies with your trust with the workshop offering extended warranty. And trust levels differ amongst people with different experiences.

Kenntona, so have u got a 3 years warranty with Jason Optima or service your car there? For $1500 3 years warranty, it is a fantastic deal! The boss is super honest too.

I also did call and enquire my e90 320i for warranty coverage for a year.After looking at the parts covered and parts which r not covered, decided to give it a miss. anyway. i believe going to a workshop whom u trust is more important and service is really important.As i drive alot due to the nature of my work, when my car suddenly have issues , i got to rush to the ws to rectify.My ws have been serving me well.even no appt made , will still try to help me which i appreciate.

The same Jason from Lim Tan running Optima W now?

Hmmm

Yes, heard the son in law move out and set up with vc.

Yes very mmmm. my experience with OW really make me feel like spitting smelly saliva again. Bmwer, our cars need high maintenance but dont get duped. Better to put your money on the sponsored workshops here like boss, bvo, r2d and maybe my bmworkshop. Not going to dwell further there and there is no such thing as free lunch.

Interesting. I read about how Optima wants to be best in class in everything, and I'm not sure if Jason could take them there. Just a personal view.

Nevertheless, he does have the experience of running a big place

Wow sorry about wat I have post
Maybe I shouldn't ask!
Dun wanna be flame like you guys say
Anyway i decide to give up the warranty after what I found out and I also found a good garage
Stamford Tyres thru my fren recommendation
Talking about shell prices
You guys might want to find out more
Have fun people

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whiteislandcharter
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back