Appeal for eye-witnesses on a road bully on my RX-8 on 3/6/2008, Ophir Road, 3pm

Matrix

Hello, I am appealing for any eye-witnesses on a road bully incident on my Mazda RX-8 on 3rd Jun 2008 at Ophir Road, 3pm.

*I remembered that there is a BMW that stopped besides me at the traffic lights along Ophir Road when this road bully appeared.*

Anyone who witness a guy wearing white shirt and THICK gold chain, shouting and yelling at a red Mazda RX-8 and eventually using both fists to hit the booth of my car before leaving - PLEASE COME FORWARD AND BE MY WITNESS.

Just need a statement from you to nail down this bastard.

Anyone who can recall, please, please, please come forward and condem the behaviours of road bullies!!!

Re: Appeal for eye-witnesses on a road bully on my RX-8 on 3/6/2008, Ophir Road, 3pm

care to share what did you do to the road-bully to make him so angry?

Re: Appeal for eye-witnesses on a road bully on my RX-8 on 3/6/2008, Ophir Road, 3pm

3rd June 2008?

Dude that is 10months ago you know that right.

JohnChan;428456 said:
care to share what did you do to the road-bully to make him so angry?

To be honest - I dont know. I was driving to find this coffee joint to meet my friends. I could be driving slow so I dont miss a turn. He must be a real impatient person but that doesnt gives him the rights to come down to my car and act like a gangster isnt it?

Already reported him to the TP but they never told me what their investigation reveals and only told me they gave him a stern warning.

But what's the use? My car is damaged and I want him to pay for it.

wow june 2008, the TP took so long to give stern warning? maybe the guy gold chian already pawn due to market crisis.....
good luck...

SC_IS;428475 said:
3rd June 2008?

Dude that is 10months ago you know that right.

Yes bro I understand that it's a long shot for anyone to remember 10 months event.

But how often do you see a guy wearing white shirt hitting a red Mazda RX-8 in the middle of the road with his fists? Further to that - the driver or drivers I saw is just besides my car when this incident happens.

I dont think the driver or drivers who witness such terrible event would forget about it so easily.

So please, if you happened to pass by the area and saw this guy hitting my car on 3/6/2008, Ophir Road, 3pm, please contact me.

I only need witnesses to testify that he DID indeed hit my car.

Thankx you so much.

iScoupe;428517 said:
wow june 2008, the TP took so long to give stern warning? maybe the guy gold chian already pawn due to market crisis.....
good luck...

Yah and it was after I constantly keep chasing them that the TP finally investigate. I'm really disappointed with their sloppy work - I remembered reading a newspaper article whereby the police commission stated that when facing a road bully, one should remain calm and take down all details and report to the TP for follow up.

Look at the so-called "justice" that was passed down.

I'm intending to sue this bully and make sure he doesnt do it anyone else ever again.

Trust me - it not a nice situation to be in.

can understand how u feel... TP only investigate if there were injuries or fight involved.
you shld have come out the car & whack him... when police come ur damage car got case.

My lawyer always ask me keep calm & let the other party serve the first punch !
then sue the guy jia 6 jia 6 unless u beaten to death...
tat why i go gym train to take punch...

Hope u can find the witness.

iScoupe;428521 said:
can understand how u feel... TP only investigate if there were injuries or fight involved.
you shld have come out the car & whack him... when police come ur damage car got case.

My lawyer always ask me keep calm & let the other party serve the first punch !
then sue the guy jia 6 jia 6 unless u beaten to death...
tat why i go gym train to take punch...

Hope u can find the witness.

Yah, that was my first encounter with a bully. Should have let him land the first punch then make sure he stay in jail for rest of his life.

Still looking for my witness.

Anybody who knows of anyone who might be working there or may happen to hang out there often, please help me ask them.

Let's make the roads safer without these road bullies on the roads!

Good luck to you.

Dear folks, today I went down to the hearing to nail down the road bully who damaged my RX-8.

The verdict is clear! The road bully is found guilty! The road bully has to pay the damages he has inflicted on my beloved SARAH! RX8 Club Singapore :: View topic - I am Matrix. And I have named her SARAH

Yes! Justice is finally served!

The whole process took 370 days to resolve but I'm glad that things still work out in the end

At the hearing, I have no witnesses against 1 witness from the road bully. I have only 2 police reports and 2 assessor reports. Having a witness actually didnt help the road bully because his witness mentioned that road bully did approach my car and hit it. (Makes me wonder why he wanted to summon his own witness to prove he is guilty of hitting my car???) Anyway, I knew that the court will rule in my favour because the traffic police confirmed that they have issued a warning letter for this road bully's actions. (Now the traffic police will not issue any warning letter if the road bully's actions are not wrong isnt it?) But in court today, this road bully deliberately kept avoiding the fact that he hit at my car. Alas, he even tried to mislead the judge by saying that I might have caused the damage from earlier accidents and even say that he saw a different driver at that time. (He has a fantastiic imagination, I must say!)

Just in case any folks might come across similar cases, do ensure the following -

1) DO NOT ENGAGE IN ANY PHYSICAL CONFRONTATION. If you do that, you open an avenue for the other party that you initial the whole incident. Stay in your car.
2) Make a '999' call immediately. This call will be recorded so that you have a record that you have made a report on the spot.
3) Take evidence; video, photos etc of the aggressor.
4) Note down the surroundings, particularly any cars and witnesses whom you can refer to.
5) Quickly get an assessor to assess damage to your car.
6) Prepare your items and file suit against party

These days all hand phone comes with camera feature.....you can RECORD the event to be used as court evidence or post it to STOMP........to warn others. If you want the whole world to know...then YOU TUBE the clips.....

Latest technology helps.

Matrix, your courage and determination serve as much needed inspiration for me!

Something similar happened to me last Sunday, 21 Feb. This silver Honda suddenly turned into my lane, and had I driven any faster, a collision would be certain. So I horned at him for his dangerous manoeuvre; and imagine my surprise when he stopped in front of my car, got off and walked to the front and gesticulated at me to get out of mine.

I felt adrenaline rushing through and was prepared for the worst, be it verbal or physical. I signalled to my Japanese friend to get ready her phone but she froze! So there was I, looking eyeball to eyeball, at this young male aggressor. I reckon he wasn't prepared to find a female driver, and my defiant and unflinching look made him hesitated about pounding into my bonnet - I can see him making a ready fist for that.

Then came his middle finger. Well, he started it first and now I reciprocated by giving him four and perhaps many more. The cars behind started horning and he went back and drove off, but not without snapping pictures of my car. By then, my shellshocked Japanese friend had recovered from the shock and managed to capture a shot of this loser's car. Tit for tat.

I gave him more finger gestures in retaliation to his ongoing ones, even as he was driving off.

I have encounters with crazy road idiots before but never one who got off from his car. I totally agree with you, Matrix, that a calm and confident demeanor is really necessary in this fix. I stayed inside the car and waited for him to make the first damage. Then pay him back in kind, but many times more for this uncalled-for "hooliganism". Of course, with handphone in his full view to indicate that 999 is just a click away.

In recollection, I felt avenged and justified that I did not sit there silently and suffer his abuse, but repay him in similar but greater proportions. Otherwise, I would have felt victimised and molested, and that would not have sat well with my soul. Again, confidence has to be based on real physical skills and not purely blind rage; in this case, I am sure I can kick his ass bad. I believe so long as I am mentally prepared to be hit, I am guaranteed to land a few blows in return. In fact, I don't mind being hit because the law will deal with these bullies more harshly in cases of self-defense and unprovoked agression. My wounds will recover but his life will not - that's justice enough for me!!

This incident also set me thinking - what if he had pounded my car? Thankfully, Matrix has set a legal precedent for such, and hats off to him!!!

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back