ArmorCoat???

Re: ArmorCoat???

Well, I did heard of an alternative.
It's called car paint protection film.

Saw it being installed once when I was collecting my car at a garage in KL.
It looks as if the car was being laminated.
Was given a quote of about $2k+ (ringgit) for my BMW.

But I not sure whether if it will really protect the shine of my car as claimed.
It is also said that it can protect the car against minor scratches or flying pebbles.

Anyone know more about such protection film?

Last edited by a moderator:

For $2K, I can repaint my whole car again......

atec1267;616495 said:
then might as well send to SS Tay for 16 times polish if the price is 3K.

That's y i didn't do it... I send it to Revol for polishing and am very happy with their service... And got courtesy car to use sumore... Upz for Revol..

think it's some kind of chemical coating when dry form up as a ruber sheet covering the surface, but i think should not have any much coverage against stone chip in high speed, what i don't like is the One week doing up time, too long.

Yup... It's some thing like rubber coating... But I feel that it should work quite well against stone chips since it is rubber... But the time and also need to dismantle the car turns me off...

the guy told me to pay more for a thicker coat to withstand the high speed stone chip wor....all this ang moh product never tell u the downside of the product....

So in the end did u do it... A fren of mine did it and they did not do a good job on his and headlights also not align properly

S$2K, one week no car, n if they do sala still have to correct n wait for another day or two....all this, i simply cannot wait unless i send my car for a full respray then bo bian, else will just find a good groomer n pay 300 to let them do a good job, got anything wrong can still correct on the spot.

Hey,

Recently, was introduced to a local vendor who quote SGD $1.8k for my car and for 2 days only for putting this paint protection film.
Was thinking of putting the car over the weekend and collect on Sunday evening.

What you all think ah?
Worth it?

For 2 days only and somemore in Singapore so I can anytime see my car and also feel safer.

I asked the vendor about the rubbery thing and he said that might be car bra, a rubbery substance to help protect.

His is a clear plastic film which will cover the whole car.
Will protect the paint and minor scratches (e.g. small pebbles flying off the road).

He can even do a layer of sealant before installation for a bit more though.

How ah?
Is it a good bargain?

Bros, pls advice.
Thanks.

july_08;616578 said:
So in the end did u do it... A fren of mine did it and they did not do a good job on his and headlights also not align properly
Hi, we are from ArmorCoatSG. short of advertising more n getting the post deleted (again).

July_08, possible to let us know who was your friend who did armorcoat with us? we take feedback seriously and always looking improve on it. (granted, we are also the newest spray shop in town, but that's no excuse for a poor job if it was.)

184625_10150089379459613_369948564612_6168245_1890742_n.jpg

as for the above product in this thread.

We have a simple wirebrush test that you can try out. You can gauge for yourself if it's as good or bad as it is.

I do not wanna reveal who... But I think u should actually do a good check before u hand over the car to your customer and not to let your customer come back to u after he/she realize something was wrong... If u guys do not know how to put things back after u dismantle it or even better dun know how to dismantle thus damaging it then pls get some tips from ppl before u do your customer's car... We are putting our cars in your hands so we expect it to be in good hands... If u cannot even do so then Pls tell your customer that sorry we do not have the expertise to do your car so sorry... If u do not know how to remove the two strips on the roof top of BMW then pls go learn how to... And not tell your customer that it will break when taken out... Which part of a car is made in a way that it cannot be taken out if not it will break... Only ppl who dun know how to remove it will break it... As for the paint job... U even over spray my fren car... Pls make sure that u know how to do the car before you take up the job... Thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sv388winnet
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back