ASEAN Summit 523i

tyche

Hi everyone!

Just heard that PML is selling the ASEAN Summit 523i at about 6 to 8k discount. The only difference is 16" rims instead of 17". The event is later this month.

Any advice on this deal? Anyone with experience of previous AA or IMF cars?

Seriously considering... :thinking:

Re: ASEAN Summit 523i

why pay for a 'discount' that means less accessories (smaller wheels in this case)? and the discount is like a rental for the time they are using your car...i think if u wait till christmas, mayb got about the same deal...dont think 8k is worth the hassle.

its not so much the things they take out of the car for such discounts.... u should see the way those drivers abuse those IMF cars... i feel sad for their owners....

if you're thinking the discount they are offering is worth them using your car for one week and trashing it around .... by all means.... after you see for yourself the way those guys gun the IMF cars at the lights, u wouldn't think its worth it even for $16k cheaper... who knows what kind of problems will surface later they way the gun it even before break-in (some don't believe that bmws need break-in)....

like what gadgets say... dec is known to be the best period to by bmws in singapore... you're just 3 weeks away to dec ... :)

Muahahaha..My reservist i am stationed at the summit. Knn..haha..can watch out which eediot whack the car. :evil:

If the discount at least 20K, I would consider yeah.

yes, ferd has a point...any amount of discount (unless it's like maybe $30k...fat hope tho hee hee) is not going to make up for the way they gun your car

Well, no point talking about it now, i just checked for a friend who was keen and almost all the sponsored units are sold already. Thats fast for a promo that only launched a few days ago. :)

huh, that fast? mayb some got inside news and booked before 'promo' went public...anyway, dont dishearten cos there will be more of such in dec (mayb better too)

gadgets;265050 said:
huh, that fast? mayb some got inside news and booked before 'promo' went public...anyway, dont dishearten cos there will be more of such in dec (mayb better too)

bros..... u guys keep saying dec got great promo. is it for whole dec or nearer xmas? :woowooo:

what kind of great deals will they dish out?:yikess:

gadgets;264999 said:
yes, ferd has a point...any amount of discount (unless it's like maybe $30k...fat hope tho hee hee) is not going to make up for the way they gun your car

A videoclip will convince the potential buyers and perhaps a fatter discount for the next round....

think this kind of thing is a individual preference one lah...

they give a discount.. it will be up to buyer whether he is entice by this kind of discount.

In any case, a well made car like BMWs, i would be in doubt, if it cannot withstand a bit of torturing.

If i am in the market for a 523... i would seriously consider this. Afterall, most of us, after 3 years, the backside would be itchy again.... and will change car. To the next buyer, all these is transparent. It does not show in the resale... so really no biggies...

just been told by my agent asean summit 523 with standard features except 16" rims selling 162.8k. overtrade of 9k from 171.8k apparently. car will be used a month. if got no car to overtrade the 9k will be used for subsidy for monthly bank instalment if take loan from in-house banks. cheers.

Against the advise of most forummers here, i booked myself one of the units over the weekend. Not sure if i did the wise thing ... :uhhh:

Hope i won't faint when i see the odometer when picking up the car... :shock:

Anyone else got one of these cars?

I was told there were a total of 75 units on offer and it was the last few ones that i got. Anyway, try as i could, i just couldn't squeeze any freebies from the SE. Just wonder wat are the freebies that are normally thrown in?

I asked about the bluetooth option and was told it's a $3k+ option and comes with a phone-specific charging cradle. Some overseas forums mentioned the ULF module that can be added and should only cost hundreds. Anyone with info on this?

One month is a bit long. I remember the last dunno what meeting. They were short of cars, and were asking public to rent them their cars.

A friend of mine lent them his S350... and he got paid $700 per day. So if they will keep the car 1 month before giving it to me, i would have expected at least $500 X 30 days (for a 523)....

I always assume the meeting is jsut for a week or so....

ferd;267290 said:
What?! Reservist as driver for ferrying deligates?

Bo lah..Reservist checking Summit security, etc armed with HK MP5. Now counterstrike has come true for me. :lol2:

I just booked mine too on Deepavali. Last "platinum bronze" (the new color on the block)available I was told. Looks like a good bargain we got, despite the 16" rims which I was told give better comfort ride bcos thicker rubber. The SE said the mileage should not be > 1000 km & that the drivers have been trained to handle the car "carefully". Anyway, if any dents & damage, PML will repair at their cost.

No special freebees - I guess SEs have got a mutual code not to "spoil the market". As for bluetooth, previous threads mentioned it is expensive to get PML to install - not worth it. Better off buying free unit as costs only a few hundred $.

Car must be registered by end Nov. Hope mileage not too much & driver did not take secretly take it for a spin across the causeway. As for engine wear, unlikely bcos European cars already run-in, unlike the Japs. Hence, this was one of the incentives for changing my Jap car.

ccm;267537 said:
I just booked mine too on Deepavali. Last "platinum bronze" (the new color on the block)available I was told. Looks like a good bargain we got, despite the 16" rims which I was told give better comfort ride bcos thicker rubber. The SE said the mileage should not be > 1000 km & that the drivers have been trained to handle the car "carefully". Anyway, if any dents & damage, PML will repair at their cost.

No special freebees - I guess SEs have got a mutual code not to "spoil the market". As for bluetooth, previous threads mentioned it is expensive to get PML to install - not worth it. Better off buying free unit as costs only a few hundred $.

Car must be registered by end Nov. Hope mileage not too much & driver did not take secretly take it for a spin across the causeway. As for engine wear, unlikely bcos European cars already run-in, unlike the Japs. Hence, this was one of the incentives for changing my Jap car.

congrats on your purchase!!! best way to know if you got a good deal is to check the OMV of yours compared to other non promo purchases. let us know your findings too ! cheers!

elmariachi;267380 said:
Bo lah..Reservist checking Summit security, etc armed with HK MP5. Now counterstrike has come true for me. :lol2:

watch for those AWP when you have your tea breaks :)

oh by the way i saw your car in the flesh some weeks back at a carpark around beach road opp concourse in the evening... nice!

ferd;267540 said:
watch for those AWP when you have your tea breaks :)

oh by the way i saw your car in the flesh some weeks back at a carpark around beach road opp concourse in the evening... nice!

Hahaha..If only Asean summit had an AWP map. Thanks bro! Wave at me next time if u see me next time ler...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
df999today
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back