ATF change

marksim

I just bought a 2005 E60 and was told by PML that the ATF is lifetime usage. I was thinking of giving it a change but was told that in some cases after ATF change, gear slipage maybe experience. Any bro can advise more?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: ATF change

recommend ATF change when mileage >60,000km... juz did mine last week. 7L of ZF ATF... bought from Eng Soon...drive feels smoother... U can listen to what PML say but if Gear-box "kaput".... who pays? u can check some threads on ATF change too...

My mileage now is 115k already. By the way whats the damage for the 7L of ZF ATF?? Which workshop can do the ATF change?

pongster;615710 said:
recommend ATF change when mileage >60,000km... juz did mine last week. 7L of ZF ATF... bought from Eng Soon...drive feels smoother... U can listen to what PML say but if Gear-box "kaput".... who pays? u can check some threads on ATF change too...

115,000km! bro, u shd go for the ATF change liao.... can go to our site sponsors e.g. Boss, BVO, J4C or R2D... shd cost less than $500 for ATF change... call them to confirm cost and appointment for ur servicing ;) regular servicing and our rides will serve us well!

Thanx bro. Just called BVO, quoted me 600 for ATF oil change. Can we buy our own ATF and bring there for change only?

pongster;615714 said:
115,000km! bro, u shd go for the ATF change liao.... can go to our site sponsors e.g. Boss, BVO, J4C or R2D... shd cost less than $500 for ATF change... call them to confirm cost and appointment for ur servicing ;) regular servicing and our rides will serve us well!

can bring our ATF n juz go there for service if only they allow.... u can try other site sponsors... call Eng Soon to ask for price n do ur sum ;) for 115,000km.... i would recommend you do a major servicing/checks to make sure all parts are still good... those site sponsors give quite reasonable pricing... if u stay in the West, can try R2D... call Nadia 96651761... they recommend Torco racing ;)

I was looking for a workshop in Sin Ming area which is near to my workplace. I will check out the site sponsor threads. Thanx bro,!

pongster;615730 said:
can bring our ATF n juz go there for service if only they allow.... u can try other site sponsors... call Eng Soon to ask for price n do ur sum ;) for 115,000km.... i would recommend you do a major servicing/checks to make sure all parts are still good... those site sponsors give quite reasonable pricing... if u stay in the West, can try R2D... call Nadia 96651761... they recommend Torco racing ;)

marksim;615736 said:
I was looking for a workshop in Sin Ming area which is near to my workplace. I will check out the site sponsor threads. Thanx bro,!

U can try J4C or Boss MS. Rem to buy the filter for the transmission as well. Eng soon carried the parts so 1 shot buy all and bring to wkshop n do. :)

Thanx for the inputs. I have called a few workshop and all of those dont recommend changing the ATF oil because of my mileage is already 115k and might experience gear slipage. So i think i shall no risk it, just in case.

mybmmer318;615863 said:
U can try J4C or Boss MS. Rem to buy the filter for the transmission as well. Eng soon carried the parts so 1 shot buy all and bring to wkshop n do. :)

I changed my ATF oil (E60 2005) and did a software upgrade too. Car much smoother now.

At what mileage did you do the ATF change and where did u get the software updated?

bmw5;616192 said:
I changed my ATF oil (E60 2005) and did a software upgrade too. Car much smoother now.

Bro,

Just change ATF oil and filter plus casket at Boss foe my E46 320. Cost slightly more than 300 plus good service. I experienced gear slip at 5th n 4 th gear. Try some reputable workshop...change ignition coils, plugs, fuel pump and fuel filter. Still same till I,d spoken to Calvin. Now I am a happy customer :)

i also just changed the ATF & Auto Transmission filter on my e60 523i. car feels much smoother.. pm me if u wanna know the name of the workshop i went to, any case, i spent $372 for the filter and the 7L of ATF, but total cost definitely below $500 for everything inclusive of parts and labour, dun reli know exact as i also did engine oil, spark plug, and aircon filter change so cant determine how much labour was charged at

Last edited by a moderator:

marksim;615708 said:
I just bought a 2005 E60 and was told by PML that the ATF is lifetime usage. I was thinking of giving it a change but was told that in some cases after ATF change, gear slipage maybe experience. Any bro can advise more?

i changed my ATF when my mileage was abt 100k km. that was a few months ago and my gearbox works fine.

Just ensure that the workshop does a gd job so that there's no seepage.

Breitling;621101 said:
Bro,

Just change ATF oil and filter plus casket at Boss foe my E46 320. Cost slightly more than 300 plus good service. I experienced gear slip at 5th n 4 th gear. Try some reputable workshop...change ignition coils, plugs, fuel pump and fuel filter. Still same till I,d spoken to Calvin. Now I am a happy customer :)

Hi,
You change the ATF because of gear slip or after you change then got gear slip. What did Calvin advice to you.

PML say ATF lifetime. I heard about gear slip if you change the ATF. Dont care. Just change ATF. My E90 ride mileage was about 50K when I decided to change the ATF plus filter. Initially my ride become very smooth. Very happy. After about 3 months. I begining to feel gear slip at lower gear. Strange thing is that always during morning. When the car is cold. Once it is running. It is okay but sometime can feel a bit.

Anyone got any ideas what is wrong. When to reputable workshop. Run diagnostic. No hardware failure. Mechanic test the gear box. No issues.

Cheers.

change or no change also jialat ..... *confused*

PML say ATF lifetime. I heard about gear slip if you change the ATF. Dont care. Just change ATF. My E90 ride mileage was about 50K when I decided to change the ATF plus filter. Initially my ride become very smooth. Very happy. After about 3 months. I begining to feel gear slip at lower gear. Strange thing is that always during morning. When the car is cold. Once it is running. It is okay but sometime can feel a bit.

saharalah;621784 said:
Hi,
You change the ATF because of gear slip or after you change then got gear slip. What did Calvin advice to you.

Anyone got any ideas what is wrong. When to reputable workshop. Run diagnostic. No hardware failure. Mechanic test the gear box. No issues.

Cheers.

Your ATF fluid low .......

Breitling;621101 said:
Bro,

You mean gasket ? Casket is quite extreme .........

Red_Bean_Bun;621840 said:
Your ATF fluid low .......

Cannot be leh....Buy the ATF ZF oil from Eng Soon. Same part no as on the filter pan. Replace at this forum sponsor workshop. 7 liters all pump in.

Never change. Scared gearbox problem. I am from the school that nothing last forever.

Now change ATF. Gear feel like slipping.

Aiyo

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red88gdn

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back