ATF change

Re: ATF change

Any bro who changed ATF and face dread problem pls share your experience and prevent us from jumping in this cave ok ?! Calling calling !!!

Ct13;918062 said:
I think the chances of gearbox failure will be 30/70 to change or not to change. Is very difficult to believe that the oil will last you forever. Yes, it will last till your gearbox down and replace/repair the gearbox.

We need more input from:
1. those who have not change ATF oil since day 1 and their gearbox still going strong.
2. Did not change ATF oil since day 1, when(Mileage) did their gearbox face problem.
3. change ATF oil(Which mileage) and face problem after change.

I had changed ATF oil on 30Oct2012 at 80,000km mileage, so far so good. Fingers crossed.

Algino;918341 said:
Any bro who changed ATF and face dread problem pls share your experience and prevent us from jumping in this cave ok ?! Calling calling !!!

Why so scared. Just ATF oil change. Please change the oil pan as well. Guarantee you will feel nicer shifting. Update software if you have to.

I know of bro who never changed ATF and at 120k mileage, had to replace the transmission.
Simple choice bro.. spend $500-600 or spend $14k.

Divespyder;919424 said:
I know of bro who never changed ATF and at 120k mileage, had to replace the transmission.

Quality post.

those who wanna kiam kana here save there save n still wanna drive bmw, I hope your car breaks down during CNY

Affirmative. My ATF fluid was never changed over many many years. Now, at least the gears are smooth and all is good after the replacement. Funny thing is that BMW says the ATF is lifetime stuff. But on the side of the transmission oil pan down below, there is a label indicating fluid spec. If its lifetime, then why indicate the spec?

Divespyder;919424 said:

called up PML to enquire about my ATF change history as I just took over this year. No Surprised PML says the same...no need change ATL, its lifetime...so I wonder if my gearbox fail...will they change FOC...ha!

when pml answer ATF is lifetime, whether they believe the oil is lifetime or they have no choice but to say it because BMW says so ...

Algino;918341 said:

Mine is e60 2009 Model. Currently 72k, All along PML serviced. My Buddy SA (Kok CHeng) said next trip in for servicing at 80k ? better to also do ATF. My GB all along ok, just twice jerky at traffic stops for a few seconds but all well and smooth as ever....
So most likely will do the ATF change lo....
Dont wanna end up Kiam Kanna and CNY end up with no tow truck service lagi jia lat! hahaha.....

Wah, I also feel jerk when moving off from rest or slow braking, better change soon. Any suggestion where and damage? Need to ownself get ATF or not? If PML whats the damage?
thx!

Citizen69;924820 said:
Wah, I also feel jerk when moving off from rest or slow braking, better change soon. Any suggestion where and damage? Need to ownself get ATF or not? If PML whats the damage?
thx!

Just go to any sponsor workshop will do. around $800
No idea how much PML charge.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drbenoitbenoit
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back