Audio system upgrade - No mess

Re: Audio system upgrade - No mess

Mockngbrd;602634 said:
Swift motion that bad? was thinking of sending my car there boss

Bro can try. Maybe its just my luck.
But when I tried to get a settlement done he was pretty reluctant and he has 1001 excuses.

One more thing, after changing the head unit, the radio reception was horrible-and he cannot do anything about it.

Strange that all my previous 3 rides (Jap) were all tip top. I had them done by Kenny @ Chuan Sin audio at serangoon. Not sure if I got the name right. Its a pro shop that wins lots of competition.

I am not sure if I should head back.

Maybe one of these days should really lakopi.

Mockngbrd;602634 said:
Swift motion that bad? was thinking of sending my car there boss

SC332;602747 said:
Don't hold anymore :) You wanna check out the upgrade on my ride done by Soundwerkz?

This shop is at Bt Merah is it?
Ok maybe the next meet up I try to make it.

This shop at Sing Ming.
We are meeting up on the 14th Jan 830pm casuarina road (Off Upper Thomson Road), The Curry.
care to join us for a short while?

pirate;602879 said:
This shop is at Bt Merah is it?
Ok maybe the next meet up I try to make it.

just to share a bit, i have tweeters in e60 msport.
few months ago i redid the ICE.
now i have a alpine f#1 3-way at front powered by mcintosh 5channel.
at the back i did a 5" focals just to fill the sound.

have a SQ sub powered by mcintosh monoblock.

sounds so nice now, but no boot space :(

Hi all,

Wondering if my E92 factory speakers are also in doors 4in mid, underseats 6.5in woofer? Gosh Mine dun even have tweeters too..need to get pods from PML..

Was thinking of upgrading to a set of Audiosystem X--ION 200 BMW + Mosconi 4ch amp with
Audison Bit one.

Any bro have any comments on the above speakers set?

Thanks for looking...

Advan;611223 said:
Hi all,

Wondering if my E92 factory speakers are also in doors 4in mid, underseats 6.5in woofer? Gosh Mine dun even have tweeters too..need to get pods from PML..

Was thinking of upgrading to a set of Audiosystem X--ION 200 BMW + Mosconi 4ch amp with
Audison Bit one.

Thanks for looking...

Hi bro, currently driving E90 and i recently installed a set of Ground Zero speakers from Germany . (Tweeter + 4 inch mid-range + 8 inch underseats woofer and amp) .. bass is exceptional and clarity has a marked improvement. Definitely no complain for the price of the speakers :). Kena poison by my friend now to do the latest Alpine H800 processor. Haha.. Have you done anything since then? interested to hear the setup. PM me yeah.

plasticbagcs;614145 said:
Hi bro, currently driving E90 and i recently installed a set of Ground Zero speakers from Germany . (Tweeter + 4 inch mid-range + 8 inch underseats woofer and amp) .. bass is exceptional and clarity has a marked improvement. Definitely no complain for the price of the speakers :). Kena poison by my friend now to do the latest Alpine H800 processor. Haha.. Have you done anything since then? interested to hear the setup. PM me yeah.

Cheers bro..you've PM. Great setup you've got there.

dsiewmy;604017 said:
just to share a bit, i have tweeters in e60 msport.
few months ago i redid the ICE.
now i have a alpine f#1 3-way at front powered by mcintosh 5channel.
at the back i did a 5" focals just to fill the sound.

have a SQ sub powered by mcintosh monoblock.

sounds so nice now, but no boot space :(
Wah bro, you have some serious ICE setup man. Hope to audit your ride in one of these days. :)

I'm also into ICE but mine is all Focal setup. :)

plasticbagcs;614145 said:
Bro if you can go for the Audison Bit-one processor, its far more advance than the Alpine H800. Quality is also much better. Just my 2cents.

I do know a great tuner that can do "Professional Audio" tuning for the car. Your car will feel like Home Audio its tuned correctly. Of cos your equipment do play some part. Just some sharing. :)

Advan;611223 said:
Hi all,

Audison Bit one.

Thanks for looking...
Good choice to go for Audison Bitone, excellent processor. Nevertheless you'll need some professional to tune the processor to bring out the fullest potential of your setup.

Btw how much is the mosconi amp?

Hi,

i'm on E60, need some advice...
Went to dimension audio yesterday and speaker called 'ground zero' is recommended.
Any bro heard of this speakers?
Tweeter, 4' speaker n 8' sub speaker only, price slightly less than 1k.

Any bro on these?

Please advice, both e shop n speakers?

stevecheng777;614381 said:
Hi,

i'm on E60, need some advice...
Went to dimension audio yesterday and speaker called 'ground zero' is recommended.
Any bro heard of this speakers?
Tweeter, 4' speaker n 8' sub speaker only, price slightly less than 1k.

Any bro on these?

Please advice, both e shop n speakers?

Hi bro, didn't see you mentioning any amplifier in the setup, no amp how to drive your spkrs? 1k does it include installation?

Ground Zero is a German brand but nowadays almost all spkrs are made in China. Sound wise I've no comments.

relag;614432 said:
Hi bro, didn't see you mentioning any amplifier in the setup, no amp how to drive your spkrs? 1k does it include installation?

Ground Zero is a German brand but nowadays almost all spkrs are made in China. Sound wise I've no comments.

Only speakers without amp.
1k, i think with installation. Need to check with them again.
Make from China?? Not sure about that too.

Was told can go without amp to keep it simple. Will that be good enough?
Will have improvement?

relag;614432 said:

hihi,

I've heard this particular set of speakers in one of my friend's bmw 325.

very impressive setup i must say!

one thing that is good about this speaker is that there is no need for any extensive modifications in the bmw!

my other friend bought a 2nd hand 323 with a big hole cut in his front door panel ( and it was empty, previous owner took out the speaker). it has some grill cloth covering it.

when he realised that bmw didnt come " stock" like that, really broke his heart to see a hole cut into the door man!

for the ground zero, its all plug and play!

my friend had an amplifier hooked up a few days later and its a total world of difference :) now he in trouble liao, kenna poison big time.

As for being made in China, a lot of things these days are made in china, but u'll be surprised by their quality :)
:inlove:

relag;614320 said:
Bro if you can go for the Audison Bit-one processor, its far more advance than the Alpine H800. Quality is also much better. Just my 2cents.

I do know a great tuner that can do "Professional Audio" tuning for the car. Your car will feel like Home Audio its tuned correctly. Of cos your equipment do play some part. Just some sharing. :)

yoyo,

Bit one tonally is pretty amazing! compared it to a H701, pretty much world of difference. the H800 is a much anticipated product since the 701 was discontinued.

But down side of the Bit 1, you need a computer to tune it :( super sians.

Anyway, who's your tuner? maybe can PM me share lobang :)

xie xie!

I just got a 07 523 i recently but the wifey would like to change the head unit as she finds it old looking. Any advise on what i can do? I was thinking of changing the HU and hopefully do some simple upgrades to the current stock sound system. Hoping for something really simple...Any advise?

Oh yeah, Any recommendations on where to go for newbies like me? Preferably in the east or west. Have heard of ple talking about pin liang. I have never done any mods before on any of my cars.....

I believe soundwerks can help you with your idea of changing HU...

legolaz;637338 said:
I just got a 07 523 i recently but the wifey would like to change the head unit as she finds it old looking. Any advise on what i can do? I was thinking of changing the HU and hopefully do some simple upgrades to the current stock sound system. Hoping for something really simple...Any advise?

Firstly you must find out if there's any issue in changing your integrated HU to an aftermarket HU as there may be some computerisation issues.

Secondly, The most common way to improve the stock sound quality of a car is by adding amps and changing speakers. Like I've mentioned in another thread, its recommended to have a processor installed to have tunability options in achieving balance and good sound; reason being in BMWs, most of the mid-bass (speakers) is mounted underneath the seats. This positioning of speakers are never a good position for balance and accurate sound, hence a processor is highly recommended.

In your case since you are changing HU, can consider a HU that comes with built-in processor so that you can cut down on some cost.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8823

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back