Audio system upgrade - No mess

Re: Audio system upgrade - No mess

Anyone else besides soundswerks? Any recommedations in the east or west?
Anyway, in this case, the look of a new HU is more impt than the actual sound but of course i guess it would be silly to get a new HU without improving the sound. Based on the above i am thinking of changing the HU and maybe get better speakers but i do not want massive changes....

legolaz;637501 said:
Anyone else besides soundswerks? Any recommedations in the east or west?
Anyway, in this case, the look of a new HU is more impt than the actual sound but of course i guess it would be silly to get a new HU without improving the sound. Based on the above i am thinking of changing the HU and maybe get better speakers but i do not want massive changes....

For sound quality wise can go for Alpine HU.

For looks and blink blink can go for Pioneer.

Just visit their website and see which model you like. Since you are not going to install amps or do any massive upgrade, price for HU and installation should be quite standard...

West side can find Darren Auto, Audioedge, Chuan Sing.
East side can find New Generation, Foon Audio, Far East Auto.

was thinking of installing a 2din hu but dun think it looks as good as i tot it would be. Additionally, the screen would be at the bottom so its kinda in an awkward position. I guess i will just burn the idea....Just wondering if i should go with a 1din HU. Anyone got any pics of how it would look installed into the front compartment?

legolaz;637724 said:
was thinking of installing a 2din hu but dun think it looks as good as i tot it would be. Additionally, the screen would be at the bottom so its kinda in an awkward position. I guess i will just burn the idea....Just wondering if i should go with a 1din HU. Anyone got any pics of how it would look installed into the front compartment?

I personally think that if you're not changing HU for better sound, there's no HU that can looks better than the original integrated HU which blends in with the whole dashboard... Stick with it lor... no need waste money man. :)

Can pm me the price? Why only using 1 amp instead of 2? Is that the passive setup?

leecc23;639089 said:
Can pm me the price? Why only using 1 amp instead of 2? Is that the passive setup?

No bro, u still need 2 amps for your active setup. Will let u know soon. Nice meeting you yesterday. Really an excellent car u have man! ;)

The BMW have also installed 8 in bass speakers. If installing this without sub woofer how would the setup be?

leecc23;639123 said:
The BMW have also installed 8 in bass speakers. If installing this without sub woofer how would the setup be?
If without a subwoofer, you might not achieve the kind of bass that you like, which I've demostrated to you yesterday... Maybe you can meet the bro to checkout his sound.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dear all bro,

I am new to this ice forum and can any bro advise me where to do my e60 ice setup with bit one ? Recently I jus bought a used set audison bit one system and need some good audio shop to install for me beside soundwerk ?

Many thx !!!

Algino;660597 said:
Dear all bro,

I am new to this ice forum and can any bro advise me where to do my e60 ice setup with bit one ? Recently I jus bought a used set audison bit one system and need some good audio shop to install for me beside soundwerk ?

Many thx !!!

Bro, on the discussion board, many installers familiar with bimmers have been shared and you still ask. Please do a search.

pengful;660744 said:
Bro, on the discussion board, many installers familiar with bimmers have been shared and you still ask. Please do a search.

Hi bro , I did do some reserach , just that thinking should go churn Seng or foon audio ...
Cos stay at east side and heard other bro say that chuan Seng knife vy " sharp " one hi hi ... Can advise me which to go bro ? Thx !!

Algino;660975 said:
Hi bro , I did do some reserach , just that thinking should go churn Seng or foon audio ...
Cos stay at east side and heard other bro say that chuan Seng knife vy " sharp " one hi hi ... Can advise me which to go bro ? Thx !!
Bro, though its true but think better not mention any installers name here lah, sensitive to many people as everyone will have their own supporter. :p

Btw, installing the bitone is only one step. You need a good tuner to help you bring out the full potential of your system. Do let me know if you need a professional tuner, I can recommend you one. Happy ICEing.

relag;660995 said:
Bro, though its true but think better not mention any installers name here lah, sensitive to many people as everyone will have their own supporter. :p

Btw, installing the bitone is only one step. You need a good tuner to help you bring out the full potential of your system. Do let me know if you need a professional tuner, I can recommend you one. Happy ICEing.

Got it bro ! Btw mind to pm me ur pro tuner contact ? Thx for ur help bro !!!

Hi anyone interested to have your setup tuned by my tuner can contact me direct at 97410261 as I'm his coordinator for tuning. He is a busy man and only tune thru referral. Simple straight forward 2-way active setup RTA Professional tuning is $300.

His tuning philosophy is very simple, if after tuning n u find that there's no improvement, he will just delete away the setting n not charge you anything for the tuning. Feel free to contact me for any clarification. Cheers.

Bro.
Nice Set-up. Any Chance to listen to your set-up. Panning set=up my ice on my E60.

dsiewmy;604017 said:
just to share a bit, i have tweeters in e60 msport.
few months ago i redid the ICE.
now i have a alpine f#1 3-way at front powered by mcintosh 5channel.
at the back i did a 5" focals just to fill the sound.

have a SQ sub powered by mcintosh monoblock.

sounds so nice now, but no boot space :(

Interesting thread on simple ICE upgrade. Any bro, tried Meastro speakers or DLS or Rainbow?

Any significant difference?

Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8823

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back