Autob*hn -- Obnoxious, condescending and dishonest? You be the judge

Re: Autob*hn -- Obnoxious, condescending and dishonest? You be the judge

DriveAllDay;251407 said:
I don’t normally rant or criticise about a dealers. However, Autob^hn pissed me off so much that I thought I would share it with fellow forum members. Admin, please delete this post if you deem it inappropriate.

I came across a 1.5 yr old red Boxster S at Autob^hn. 8K mileage, looked totally stock except for Tiptronic and windbreaker.

Price quote: SGD268,888.

I remarked politely that a new Boxster S from Stuggart would cost around the region of SGD280K, and thats when the salesperson got defensive, rude, condescending, and outright dishonest.

First the sniggers and sneers, then the remarks:
“I am in this trade, you don’t know what you are talking about”
"You can't get a similar car this cheap anywhere"
“A brand new Boxster S costs SGD380K, you are saving SGD120K”

When I told him again politely that SGD380K is in Carrera stock region already, he again sniggered & sneered, and told me I don’t know what I am talking about.

I didn’t want to make a scene, but saw no sense carrying on the conversation. So I told him that I’m sure he knows better, thanked him, and walked out.

I have no problem with dealers trying to make as much as profit as they can. I however have big issues when they:
- Treat you like an idiot
- Are condescending
- Lie and intimidate. Porsche prices are published online -- so there’s no ambiguity

Part of me wanted to set him straight. Another part of me just said, walk away. Well, one thing’s for sure, I won’t be getting any cars from Autob^hn.

Thoughts?

You still interested in getting BoxsterS???

BRAND NEW!!

Black with Black interior, tiptronic, HID, Sports Steering wheel for $256,000 & confirm COE!!!

'The Great White'

folks...i have dealt wiht Autob*hn for last 5 years.i can say the following :

good stuff :
relatively good service(depends on customer profiling)
range .... from classic cars to latest sports cars
efficiency ....paperwork, speed of delivery
consignment or purchase - not many dealers can do both....only other guy that springs to mind is Eurospeed

bad stuff:

prices then to be on high side
differential pricing

i know all the brothers there. they are close knit family business and cars are not their only trade. have dealt with them from ferrari to honda nsx....find them reliable....chie$f complain i hear are their prices. frankly, these days market are efficient....prices are tranparent and alot of owners of performance marques know each other. they wil quote you prices, depending on their profiling of you and your purchase history with them.

if you find their service lousy and lacking, just walk away. i suspect in this particular incident, they are quoting you 996 prices, not boxster....there must be some misunderstanding. even they wouldnt be able to quote that sort of nonsensical prices.

neverthess...boxster market are well quoted....new or pre-owned....from PIs to Stuggart.....from Autoinc to Autobahn......take your time to find a mint condition unit.

K

Why the service level is customer profiling dependant?
It sounds to me that first timers are likely to get hammered..

cuz ya hella pimp !

Darth-khips;253829 said:
folks...i have dealt wiht Autob*hn for last 5 years.i can say the following :

good stuff :
relatively good service(depends on customer profiling)
range .... from classic cars to latest sports cars
efficiency ....paperwork, speed of delivery
consignment or purchase - not many dealers can do both....only other guy that springs to mind is Eurospeed

bad stuff:

prices then to be on high side
differential pricing

i know all the brothers there. they are close knit family business and cars are not their only trade. have dealt with them from ferrari to honda nsx....find them reliable....chie$f complain i hear are their prices. frankly, these days market are efficient....prices are tranparent and alot of owners of performance marques know each other. they wil quote you prices, depending on their profiling of you and your purchase history with them.

if you find their service lousy and lacking, just walk away. i suspect in this particular incident, they are quoting you 996 prices, not boxster....there must be some misunderstanding. even they wouldnt be able to quote that sort of nonsensical prices.

neverthess...boxster market are well quoted....new or pre-owned....from PIs to Stuggart.....from Autoinc to Autobahn......take your time to find a mint condition unit.

K

Thanks for all your comments.

Darth-Khips, I am sure the Autob*hn guy was quoting Boxster S price. The car was right in front of us when he quoted the price!

R33Devil;253958 said:
cuz ya hella pimp !

wei...u teeible lah...drive down serangoon road so fast. send you sms becoz saw TP near bradell

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvjlcomph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back