BBS fanatics look here

Re: BBS fanatics look here

PGs ( not peter gwee ) are already passe..........kekeke..

TripleM;163820 said:
PGs ( not peter gwee ) are already passe..........kekeke..
Hahaha.. Ok, I'm gonna buy myself a 5 spoke Volk Racing rims.. :lol2: (Joking only. No real intention to get one)

totoseow;163822 said:
are the LM or new LMs light?

LM 19*8.5 25lb, 19*10 27.5lbs
Not sure bout the LM-R tho

totoseow;163928 said:
thats not very light at all leh

yup..not light at all.. CK, CH are not light too as many people always thought.. anyways IMO, the LMs only looks nice on bigger diameter setup.. else, the proportions are off..

RGR is the lightest i think.. save a pound or two by not having the studs (vs rs-gt)

adliz;164041 said:
yup..not light at all.. CK, CH are not light too as many people always thought.. anyways IMO, the LMs only looks nice on bigger diameter setup.. else, the proportions are off..

RGR is the lightest i think.. save a pound or two by not having the studs (vs rs-gt)

Think it's a different brand and design philosophy - BBS looks nice but very expensive and quite heavy even for forged ones, compared to Japanese forged rims like Rays' Volk Racing line or SSR.

Like the look of BBS RGR and LM but put off by the heftiness.

Magnesium rims aside

IMO, the following rims are considered light if their specs n weight are:
19in 8.5J = 10.5-11.5kgs
19 in 9.5J = 11-12kgs
Regardless forged or spun cast or a combination of both like the LM which is center forged only but the outer rim is not

Very light weight are sizes like
19 in 8.5J = 9-10kg
19 in 9.5J = 9.5-10.5kg

So BBS rims are not exactly heavy IMO. For the same strength and construction, not many other rims makers can match BBS build quality and durability.

Wait till u know what's the weight of 18in 8.5J Breyton Magic or Hamann PG2 same spec...they are at least 12kgs...
Now compare that with BBS CH 19*8.5J which is 11.5kg!

I hv always liked BBS rims but I hv found other brandsthat gives a much better value for money.

Hi,
I know this is an old thread,
but TripleM,
do you know any shop in Singapore that sell BBS LM-R
Preferably the new 20in size.
Thank you

U may wish to contact South East tires or Stamford Tires, both are distributor of BBS rims

just to revisit the LM-R rims
It's forged rims, much lighter and stronger than the LM. It's kinda growing on me.

Hi Thanks for the Info,
I like it too,and the brand is well known brand...
Thanks again

not really my style man Jack... but not too bad...

It looks great on Porky..toto says one.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back