BEEF WITH NTUC INCOME - ADVICE?

Hey dude - who is the they that you are refering to?

I wonder what they tell the other party ?? :naughty:

Blood suckers... :evil:[/quote]

Raffles said:
Vitis Vinifera said:
.....In that case, more likely both of you got to bear some losses, with insurance Companies, head they win, tail you loose, especially so with NTUC. :shoot:

I wonder what they tell the other party ?? :naughty:

Blood suckers... :evil:

The other party insurer will tell the insured that since he knocked into you from behind, he needs to be fully responsible for his damages = higher premium and lost of no claim bonus.
As for your case, most likely your insurer will settled with the other insurer that you will be partly responsible for your damage since it is a side collision. What it mean that you will also pay a higher premium next year, and lost you no claim bonus!!!!!

In the end, both insurance companies will be laughing all the way to the bank.

:verysad: :verysad: :verysad: :verysad:

Kickers said:
bro ! one way or another someone is paying for your ur damage, y worry ! the most next yr pay higher premier only mah ! :laughlik:

Not only higher premium. Also the lost of 50% no claim bonus for the next year, 40% for the following year and 30% the year after etc etc, which cam work out to quite a few thousands dollars!!!!!!!

Welcome to the real world. :thumbsup:

try this....

1. Go down to the police station and file a report. Make your statement with the police, and then take down the report number or best if you can make a copy of it.

2. Go down NTUC, talk to the claims officer and show them the report. Make hell for them in the claims department, and tell them you would like them to justify why your claims was rejected before they even hear your view of the story. Remember to wave the police report in front of them.

3. Usually the police won't do anything about this type of accident unless its a runaway situation.

4. Make sure IDAC has checked your vehicle before you send in to PML.

5. Next time car kena bang, take picture with your phone, with bias of pictures into your favor.

6. If all else fails, tell NTUC that you would like to bring the claims to court which of course they won't since its going to come out from NTUC either way.

7. Now the trick is how to make the corolla pay up. You have to be vivvid with your description and be absolutely bias in your police report and then threaten like hell to get it in your way.

The above worked a couple of times, good luck.

mingboy,

I had two experiences with NTUC so lemme make this short and sweet...

To put it in a nutshell, whatever happened to you during the accident is not important. As long as you're under NTUC......

You're Fucked!

There is something funny about your story as according to my understanding, they would never send your car in to PML. What they require is for you to send to IDAC, then they would assign a workshop (inevitably the one that gave them the cheapest bid) to work on your ride. So before they say "you dont follow proper procedure...." (which is by the way the most commonly used fucking disclaimer , we-wanna-wash-our-hands-off-everything kinda statement), you better clarify and get your vehicle inspected by IDAC. Make sure you personally inspect it with the inspector and point out every damaged or potentially damaged area. After that you can and should bulldoze your way through in this manner....

1) Call NTUC everyday and ask them the outcome of your claim and insist that it is not your fault.
2) Resist from allowing them to claim from your own insurance account first pending results from investigation bla bla bla as they will conveniently place the blame on you afterwards and cut your NCB
3) The officers at motor claim insurance office WILL give you a fucked up kinda attitude along with fucked up illogical reasons just to weasel their way out. They will also never get back to you when they say they will. If they behave this way, go down personally to their office and bug them EVERYDAY. Best is to corner one or two officers in charge of your case and literally give them hell EVERYDAY until they buck up and concede....
4) Continue to apply pressure and if they give you shit, go up the corporate ladder until you reach Tan Kin Lian if necessary... you may want to employ a lawyer to fight your case...
5) Pressure until they rule in your favour then....
6) Go change to another Ins company immediately....( and when you do, make sure the full NCB's are transferred over as they sometimes try to play punk with you and cut your NCB without you knowing)

Remember .... i say this from personal experience.

Arsony
Topaz Blue NOT a lawyer...

Winston said:
try this....

6. If all else fails, tell NTUC that you would like to bring the claims to court which of course they won't since its going to come out from NTUC either way.

7. Now the trick is how to make the corolla pay up. You have to be vivvid .

Winston,
I did that ... some years ago was involved in a front back hit, someone reverse and back into my e39! Both cars ins by NTUC, they refused to settle my claim, i took the other party to court, one year process before seeing the judge; i won the case after the hearing, end up NTUC pay my claims, my lawyer fees and their own lawyers;

Like what Ash said, if you ins by NTUC, you are really fu*k unless you willing to take it all the way like what i did.

:wavey: Thanks for the pointers Winston, here is my update to yours....

1. Go down to the police station and file a report. Make your statement with the police, and then take down the report number or best if you can make a copy of it.

This not done... Maybe I should? More than a month ago tho...
2. Go down NTUC, talk to the claims officer and show them the report. Make hell for them in the claims department, and tell them you would like them to justify why your claims was rejected before they even hear your view of the story. Remember to wave the police report in front of them.

Can't do this until 1 is done. But I have a one Dominic Ho looking into my case following the rejection of the claim. He said he would relook into the matter (he just had the file given to him) and would get back to me in two days. This was last Wed....
3. Usually the police won't do anything about this type of accident unless its a runaway situation.

4. Make sure IDAC has checked your vehicle before you send in to PML.

Done

5. Next time car kena bang, take picture with your phone, with bias of pictures into your favor.

Have to buy Phone Cam..:)

Is this for real?? What's the first step towards this?

7. Now the trick is how to make the corolla pay up. You have to be vivvid with your description and be absolutely bias in your police report and then threaten like hell to get it in your way.

The above worked a couple of times, good luck.

Arsony said:
mingboy,

I had two experiences with NTUC so lemme make this short and sweet...

To put it in a nutshell, whatever happened to you during the accident is not important. As long as you're under NTUC......

You're Fucked!

DAMN. That Sucks
There is something funny about your story as according to my understanding, they would never send your car in to PML. What they require is for you to send to IDAC, then they would assign a workshop (inevitably the one that gave them the cheapest bid) to work on your ride. So before they say "you dont follow proper procedure...." (which is by the way the most commonly used fucking disclaimer , we-wanna-wash-our-hands-off-everything kinda statement), you better clarify and get your vehicle inspected by IDAC. Make sure you personally inspect it with the inspector and point out every damaged or potentially damaged area. After that you can and should bulldoze your way through in this manner....

Well - My car is under warranty.. I called NTUC and I called my SA Erica to confirm that this was do-able.. And both said ok... and my rejection of liability came after that... About two weeks after I filed my IDAC report... The thing is I have yet to send my car in for repairs at PML
1) Call NTUC everyday and ask them the outcome of your claim and insist that it is not your fault.
2) Resist from allowing them to claim from your own insurance account first pending results from investigation bla bla bla as they will conveniently place the blame on you afterwards and cut your NCB
3) The officers at motor claim insurance office WILL give you a fucked up kinda attitude along with fucked up illogical reasons just to weasel their way out. They will also never get back to you when they say they will. If they behave this way, go down personally to their office and bug them EVERYDAY. Best is to corner one or two officers in charge of your case and literally give them hell EVERYDAY until they buck up and concede....
4) Continue to apply pressure and if they give you shit, go up the corporate ladder until you reach Tan Kin Lian if necessary... you may want to employ a lawyer to fight your case...
5) Pressure until they rule in your favour then....
6) Go change to another Ins company immediately....( and when you do, make sure the full NCB's are transferred over as they sometimes try to play punk with you and cut your NCB without you knowing)

Remember .... i say this from personal experience.

Arsony
Topaz Blue NOT a lawyer...

Thanks for 1 to 6 above.. I will keep that in my to do list..

Cheers :thumbsup:

Looks like NTUC is really making things HARD for me...
I will try to make it HARDER for themm :shoot:

m3magic said:
Winston said:
try this....

7. Now the trick is how to make the corolla pay up. You have to be vivvid .

Winston,
I did that ... some years ago was involved in a front back hit, someone reverse and back into my e39! Both cars ins by NTUC, they refused to settle my claim, i took the other party to court, one year process before seeing the judge; i won the case after the hearing, end up NTUC pay my claims, my lawyer fees and their own lawyers;

Like what Ash said, if you ins by NTUC, you are really fu*k unless you willing to take it all the way like what i did.

DU LAN

:whattheh:

Was at PML Alexandra today, intending to drop my car off for bodywork repairs following my accident.

I am claiming against the third party who is also insured under NTUC Income. I was told by the Advisor the following which I hope you guys can help verify or comment on:

1. That unless I am willing to pay for repairs upfront and in full, I cannot claim against the third party. PML will not bear the risk for third party claims should NTUC fail to honour the claim.

2. That I should claim against my policy and that means having to amend my e-report from IDAC and signing a PML indemnity letter which basically binds you to pay PML in full should NTUC fail to indemnify PML for claims against MY OWN POLICY.

3. That a rear collision (bumper to bumper) is no longer a sure win case. Esp with NTUC, there will be heavy negotiation for liability and then if you win, the repair amount to be recovered against NTUC.

4. That upon amendment of my report, PML will FIRST have to seek approval to have go ahead with the repairs on its own assessment of costs before I can send my car in for repairs.

WHAT I WILL BE DOING -

a. Getting my report amended
b. Signing the indemnity form
c. Waiting for PML to get the go-ahead from NTUC to repair my car.

ANY COMMENTS/ADVICE dudes?

Here's an update -

Called NTUC to check on status of my case.

Was told that second review was also a negative result for me.

Indicated my disagreement with this and was offered two choices (after much yelling)

1 - Send it up for re-review again by same officer
2 - Have independant surveyor re-assess the case and provide final verdict (Surveyor = LKK or LH Teo, companies not individuals)

Opted for 2 and informed them that if it comes back not in my favour, I will be taking them to court.

NTUC offered to take my passenger's account for surveyor's assessment. Note that previously, passenger's account was not admissible in their own assessment.

Surveyor goes to NTUC every wed and will take about 2 weeks.

Meanwhile, Corolla has repaired car and his claim against me is pending. KIVed as my claim against him is on-going.

Wish me luck.

:thumbsup:

Bro..don't know much about accident claim investigations but I wish you all the best in your claim against NTUC. I personally can't stand them and really think they are the worst insurance company there is..

i've read numerous threads on NTUC for so many years in the bmwsg forum. none of them are good. in fact everybody seems to spit saliva at them. i'm definitely keeping way clear of them forever.

Yo,

even after you send to IDAC, you can still send your car to PML or other authorised workshop for repairs, they have a different compensation scheme though. So bring your car to someone that you can trust and one who will work with you. They will argue for you on your behalf, screaming and shouting, etc and mine took the case to court, sent me lawyers letter to authorise them to fight case, fixed my car in the mean time and we eventually won. Of course I believe that the work shop representing me had a hard time but the bill for the repairs should have been in the premium range when charged to the other partys insurance. Noithing is free, they do all the work... i digress on the ways of the workshop... The total time taken was more than 9 months, long time but it show that it can be done.

Tell your agent you are prepared to take it all the way. They will and must represent you, tell the claims officer to proceed as per your instruction regardless of what they claim is the outcome.

Fight for your rights and in what you believe! Good luck.

Winston.. Thanks for your advice but there is a slight problem here.

NTUC covers the other party too... SO they ain't so enthuasistic about this...:(

Winston said:
Yo,

even after you send to IDAC, you can still send your car to PML or other authorised workshop for repairs, they have a different compensation scheme though. So bring your car to someone that you can trust and one who will work with you. They will argue for you on your behalf, screaming and shouting, etc and mine took the case to court, sent me lawyers letter to authorise them to fight case, fixed my car in the mean time and we eventually won. Of course I believe that the work shop representing me had a hard time but the bill for the repairs should have been in the premium range when charged to the other partys insurance. Noithing is free, they do all the work... i digress on the ways of the workshop... The total time taken was more than 9 months, long time but it show that it can be done.

Tell your agent you are prepared to take it all the way. They will and must represent you, tell the claims officer to proceed as per your instruction regardless of what they claim is the outcome.

Fight for your rights and in what you believe! Good luck.

Here's an update...

The third party Corolla has now issued a claim letter from his lawyers against me. It was addressed to NTUC INcome CC me...

Thsi is getting to be funnier each day. :shoot:

I can't believe this...

Having just gotten off the phone with NTUC, I have just been informed that:

1 . The Independant Third Party surveyor has yet to review the case since 3 weeks ago and hence I will have to wait for an update later this week.

2. Given the initial assesment of the case, liability now rests with me UNLESS the Independant assessment rules in my favour.

I can't believe this. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I got hit from the rear and I am prima facie at fault?

I can't believe this...

So now I am all ready to BANG TABLE if the assessment rules against me.

Anyone with suggestions on what I can and should do (apart from the very useful postings above) please share as I am going all out on this.... :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

Racebred said:
i've read numerous threads on NTUC for so many years in the bmwsg forum. none of them are good. in fact everybody seems to spit saliva at them. i'm definitely keeping way clear of them forever.

In fact, I feel that it's a waste time even to talk about them. :laughlik:

I think only god can help us ........ Are u listening god ?

Not good not good....

NTUC called to indicate that the independant report ruled 80% liability against me and that only 20% of my third party claim will be allowed.

Does this mean i will lose my NCD since the claim from the other side is 80% successful?

If so, I would rather claim against my policy and get 100% claim on the repair costs.

Does this make sense?

I AM PISSED. :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

NO MORE NTUC FOR LIFE. EVER.
:shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

Raffles said:
Racebred said:

In fact, I feel that it's a waste time even to talk about them. :laughlik:

I think only god can help us ........ Are u listening god ?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IT Experts Solutions Limi
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back