Bilstein B8 Vs M Sport Shocks

delrosa81

Its been a fulfiling 3 year since I collect my E90 320. I intend to drag till next year before I change my soon to kaput shocks.

I'm considering the following options. I do not want to spend too much but just wanna maintain my car in good condition and handle slightly better.

Im currently using Eibach Lowering Springs with Stock shocks and Im looking at Bilstein B8 and M Sport shocks. I'm told the M Sport Shocks costs slightly more than Bilstein B8 so I'm comparing in terms of average lifespan and also costs involved.

Anyone has any prior experience to these 2 shocks in terms of average lifespans? Thanks in advance :)

Re: Bilstein B8 Vs M Sport Shocks

delrosa81;589277 said:
Its been a fulfiling 3 year since I collect my E90 320. I intend to drag till next year before I change my soon to kaput shocks.

I'm considering the following options. I do not want to spend too much but just wanna maintain my car in good condition and handle slightly better.

Im currently using Eibach Lowering Springs with Stock shocks and Im looking at Bilstein B8 and M Sport shocks. I'm told the M Sport Shocks costs slightly more than Bilstein B8 so I'm comparing in terms of average lifespan and also costs involved.

Anyone has any prior experience to these 2 shocks in terms of average lifespans? Thanks in advance :)

Hi delrosa,

i've tried B8 with Eibach spring on my previous ride (SLK)...very good ( of course coilover better ).

I supposed M sports is also very good....i will go for the M sports since is from M........

cheers

ac323;589281 said:
Hi delrosa,

i've tried B8 with Eibach spring on my previous ride (SLK)...very good ( of course coilover better ).

I supposed M sports is also very good....i will go for the M sports since is from M........

cheers

Thanks bro for the advise. Ok since Bilstein B8 is cheaper and have good review from an ex user, I shall change it after CNY in 2011. BVO said can tahan awhile more so make full use first haha. Coilover cost too much liao, got budget haha.

I don tink M sports is from M but rather a slightly more sporty shock from BMW???

delrosa81;589286 said:
Thanks bro for the advise. Ok since Bilstein B8 is cheaper and have good review from an ex user, I shall change it after CNY in 2011. BVO said can tahan awhile more so make full use first haha. Coilover cost too much liao, got budget haha.

I don tink M sports is from M but rather a slightly more sporty shock from BMW???

Hi del,

oh is it? maybe is from M & M chocolate......( strange, then why call M??? )
hehe

how about this: http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/propel-auto-parts-pte-ltd/44418-brand-new-box-good-deal.html

* there's an owner selling AP coilover for E90, why don't you take over???
cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

i'm on eibach and bilstein. it handles great for a daily drive. M sport is paying for the branding only. :)

benji ben;589289 said:
i'm on eibach and bilstein. it handles great for a daily drive. M sport is paying for the branding only. :)

Hi Ben,

thanks for the info..........unlike the real M engine ya................hehe

cheers

ac323;589288 said:
Hi del,

oh is it? maybe is from M & M chocolate......( strange, then why call M??? )
hehe

how about this: http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/propel-auto-parts-pte-ltd/44418-brand-new-box-good-deal.html

* there's an owner selling AP coilover for E90, why don't you take over???
cheers

Im also not sure ar hahaha, now no budget liao, my insurance premium extremely high after my very serious accident sometime back. So gotta budget for the insurance first which is due next month. After CNY then will change. :)

benji ben;589289 said:

Oooh swee ok will plan for my Bilstein next year man! :)

delrosa81;589292 said:
Im also not sure ar hahaha, now no budget liao, my insurance premium extremely high after my very serious accident sometime back. So gotta budget for the insurance first which is due next month. After CNY then will change. :)

Oooh swee ok will plan for my Bilstein next year man! :)

Hi Del,

still long way man ( after CNY ),
hope got other owner dekit coilover by then.....
or some Post CNY lelong sales.........

cheers

ac323;589295 said:
Hi Del,

still long way man ( after CNY ),
hope got other owner dekit coilover by then.....
or some Post CNY lelong sales.........

cheers

Yup but I gotta plan first and get all the required info. Now will note everything down and do after CNY. Look forward to new shocks man! :)

delrosa81;589277 said:

Don't wait long long. Otherwise, u might be driving a boat.

davidtch;589301 said:
Don't wait long long. Otherwise, u might be driving a boat.

Sure man! Thanks for the advise. For now still alright. Actually I was feeling alright with my suspension but a friend sitting in my car last sat commented that my rear shocks going kaput soon. Maybe Im used to it driving it everyday and I still feel the car handles pretty well still. But these few days have been observing and yes its more bumpy, feels abit wallowly liaoz. But I tink still can tahan 2 months more. :)

delrosa81;589302 said:
Sure man! Thanks for the advise. For now still alright. Actually I was feeling alright with my suspension but a friend sitting in my car last sat commented that my rear shocks going kaput soon. Maybe Im used to it driving it everyday and I still feel the car handles pretty well still. But these few days have been observing and yes its more bumpy, feels abit wallowly liaoz. But I tink still can tahan 2 months more. :)
Juz check for leak. No leak ok.

M Sport more suitable for 6-cyl, ie stiffer of heavier body. B8 is more suitable for 320.

davidtch;589321 said:
Juz check for leak. No leak ok.

Hi davidtch, I checked and no leaks. But just now when I closed my boot, I saw the rear of the car dip abit. I think too soft liao hahaha, nvm I tink can tahan abit more. :)

pengful;589376 said:
M Sport more suitable for 6-cyl, ie stiffer of heavier body. B8 is more suitable for 320.

Thanks alot pengful :)

delrosa81;589397 said:
Hi davidtch, I checked and no leaks. But just now when I closed my boot, I saw the rear of the car dip abit. I think too soft liao hahaha, nvm I tink can tahan abit more. :)

Thanks alot pengful :)

Hi del,

wear and tear..................no chocie, nothing is made to last ya...............hehe

cheers

benji ben;589289 said:

HI Bro Ben, can Biltein be installed without the Eibach? Please share what's the cost for the Bilstein? Kum Siah :dance:

on my previous E46, was on the M-Sport... felt softer than the Eibach lowering springs + B8 shocks... put a smile on my face with the cornering after the Eibach+B8 combi... certainly stiffer... on course, if budget permits, coilovers is the way to go...

however, my B8s wore out within a year (as i was told i was flying over every hump, ie more than 20km/hr going over them)... they were leaking, one of them... i changed to coilovers after that... orgas...

ac323;589398 said:
Hi del,

wear and tear..................no chocie, nothing is made to last ya...............hehe

cheers

Ya man, no choice, also gd la, gives me excuse to upgrade a little bit in the handling department :)

Anyone know the price figure for Bilstein B8 for 320i ? And how's the height after you installed it?

Thanks guys

jaymie;592667 said:
Anyone know the price figure for Bilstein B8 for 320i ? And how's the height after you installed it?

Thanks guys

Hi Jaymie,

Height wise is more of the spring nothing to do with B8 shock.

cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lokhung247net
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back