• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Bilstein PSS & PSS9 (Feeler)

Shaun

Trusted Sponsor
those are some really good prices!

Hi i am quite new to this forum n need some advice here :)

I have a 320ci cabrio with the sports suspension. However, I feel that it does not ride very well when the road surface is uneven - not the lumpy type of surface but on expressways when there are minor undulations. It's kind of unsettling feeling and the car does not seem to handle the undulations very well. Even my wife commented that the suspension is not so good as another car we had!

My question is if I change to the PSS, will it ride better than the sports suspension? What other benefits will there be in terms of handling, like flatter cornering?

(BTW, what does the BMW sports suspension mean? Better springs, shocks plus anti-roll bar or just different springs only?)

Cheers :)

yfong said:

I have a 320ci cabrio with the sports suspension. However, I feel that it does not ride very well when the road surface is uneven - not the lumpy type of surface but on expressways when there are minor undulations. It's kind of unsettling feeling and the car does not seem to handle the undulations very well. Even my wife commented that the suspension is not so good as another car we had!

My question is if I change to the PSS, will it ride better than the sports suspension? What other benefits will there be in terms of handling, like flatter cornering?

(BTW, what does the BMW sports suspension mean? Better springs, shocks plus anti-roll bar or just different springs only?)

Yfong,

Welcome to the BMW.SG forums :)

You may wish to check out this article. May be useful to your area of application!

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/kb.php?mode=article&k=21

yfong said:

Hi!

Are you driving a facelifted cab? If you are, the suspension settings are already softer than the pre-facelifted cab.. So I am quite surprised you are finding it not up to mark. In fact, I think the current FL- cab's suspension rides very well for a "sports" suspension!

You checked your tyres and stuff???

:)

i have a burning question :

Is there a suspension upgrade that will be even MORE comfortable than the stock sports suspension in BMW? That is - lowered, fiercer look but yet more comfortable? Does such a product exist? Or are all upgrades associated with compromised ride comfort in exchange for better handling etc...?

SMYUEN said:

Is there a suspension upgrade that will be even MORE comfortable than the stock sports suspension in BMW? That is - lowered, fiercer look but yet more comfortable? Does such a product exist? Or are all upgrades associated with compromised ride comfort in exchange for better handling etc...?

yes doctor, they are called coilovers.

the KW2s and the PSS9s have settings that will not compromise comfort along with giving it the 'slammed' look....

that's why they cost so much more than the ubiquitous 'SACHS' that everyone else seems to have put on....

rex7_vtec said:
Shaun said:
those are some really good prices!
Yea they are not too bad are'nt they!! I was kinda shocked when I heard it over the phone with my colleague!

i'm still very shocked at those prices...air freight alone costs USD200 at least.

SMYUEN said:

unless the stock suspension is underdamped (nervously floaty) or overdamped (packs up under repeated hits in quick succession), there is no system that can improve on comfort and yet compromise on travel (ride height). I've experienced the stock BMW systems and they've always been excellently balanced.

If you are looking for increased performance, it is always there in the aftermarket, but looking for performance and comfort at the same time is almost never found. there are companies and their people who will try to convince you otherwise, but it is not true. The more travel you have, the more distance there is overwhich to dampen any movement, the lower the frequency of quick changing forces the occupants have to experience.

personally, unless you track or drive really hard on street (which isn't advised) I would save the money. The off-track novelty of less roll is quickly lost when taking longer trips across less than perfect roads either in SG or north of it.

BMW systems are really good. ARBs have less of a comfort penalty and counter roll well too. I would give them a shot first if you are concerned about comfort. If not, by all means..coilovers. And even then.. with a 3 way (height, compression damping, rebound damping) coilover you really have to know what you are doing. Even very accomplished club racers admit they take stabs in the dark with the settings and it takes lot of experience and a scientific approach to optimize a 3 way system. Even basic things like corner weighting scales are hard to come by in SG.

SMYUEN said:
yfong said:

Hi!

Are you driving a facelifted cab? If you are, the suspension settings are already softer than the pre-facelifted cab.. So I am quite surprised you are finding it not up to mark. In fact, I think the current FL- cab's suspension rides very well for a "sports" suspension!

You checked your tyres and stuff???

Yes Doc,

Tyres and wheels checked - they are found in excellent health, AC Type IV REPLICA with 3 week old tires :)

Yes, mine is an FL cab. After reading the many excellent contributions in this thread, mebbe what I am experiencing is this "nervously floaty" thingy during normal street driving. I guess like u, I'm looking for a slightly more settled ride and yet sporty when the circumstance calls for it.

Mebbe I should wait for my UUC ARB to arrive first then decide :thinking: .

Sach vs PSS pricing

Hi to all,

Pretty keen in getting myself a set. Just wondering what's the price differences between sach and PSS? Installation cost? Thanks in advance...

Regards

:)[/quote]

Yes Doc,

Tyres and wheels checked - they are found in excellent health, AC Type IV REPLICA with 3 week old tires :)

Yes, mine is an FL cab. After reading the many excellent contributions in this thread, mebbe what I am experiencing is this "nervously floaty" thingy during normal street driving. I guess like u, I'm looking for a slightly more settled ride and yet sporty when the circumstance calls for it.

Mebbe I should wait for my UUC ARB to arrive first then decide :thinking: .[/quote]

Hi!

whoo.. AC type IV replicas? any pix to share? how much did it cost you? 18, 19 or 20 inch? Can tell that it is replica?? hehehe..

Do update me on your UUC ARB! Looks like you are catching the mod bug loh!

:thumbsup:

Shaun said:
SMYUEN said:

unless the stock suspension is underdamped (nervously floaty) or overdamped (packs up under repeated hits in quick succession), there is no system that can improve on comfort and yet compromise on travel (ride height). I've experienced the stock BMW systems and they've always been excellently balanced.

If you are looking for increased performance, it is always there in the aftermarket, but looking for performance and comfort at the same time is almost never found. there are companies and their people who will try to convince you otherwise, but it is not true. The more travel you have, the more distance there is overwhich to dampen any movement, the lower the frequency of quick changing forces the occupants have to experience.

personally, unless you track or drive really hard on street (which isn't advised) I would save the money. The off-track novelty of less roll is quickly lost when taking longer trips across less than perfect roads either in SG or north of it.

BMW systems are really good. ARBs have less of a comfort penalty and counter roll well too. I would give them a shot first if you are concerned about comfort. If not, by all means..coilovers. And even then.. with a 3 way (height, compression damping, rebound damping) coilover you really have to know what you are doing. Even very accomplished club racers admit they take stabs in the dark with the settings and it takes lot of experience and a scientific approach to optimize a 3 way system. Even basic things like corner weighting scales are hard to come by in SG.

Thanks once again for the excellent input!

SMYUEN said:
Hi!

whoo.. AC type IV replicas? any pix to share? how much did it cost you? 18, 19 or 20 inch? Can tell that it is replica?? hehehe..

Do update me on your UUC ARB! Looks like you are catching the mod bug loh!

Doc,

I tink replicas only come in 18", so that their arse wun really get screwed.... :lol:

Here's a pic of a pre-FL 325 cab whom recently just got the ACS type4 racing replicas, it's Alvin666's fren...... Normal guys can't tell fake from real, cos quality dam good!!

He'll be getting his UUC ARB next week too.......

1097897542903.JPG

1097897542923.JPG

1097897542913.JPG

1097897542893.JPG

:drool: :drool: :drool: huh??

'The Great White'

wilman2772,

Hmmm.... looks not bad. But I prefer 19's. Hows the quality of the replicas? Can tahan N-S highway or not??? How much per piece?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubmobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back