Blur E60 head light .

Re: Blur E60 head light .

psycho_bonkers;935011 said:
Hi all, I just did my E60 headlight retro-fit by Henry. I think he should be compliment.

His service is really tip top.
It has been a while searching for a used E60 from the market. Had eventually committed to one but as usual, the headlight looks blur. I asked Henry for help after getting his contact from this site.

He actually went down to the dealer shop and access the situation, dismantling the lights, bring it to his workshop and fix it back after 3 days of good work. Now the lights looks brand new.

Good job Henry.
Cheers.
He went to the dealer shop, remove both headlight,

May I know how much is the charges?
Cheers

[video=youtube;X062HmMgFkc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X062HmMgFkc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Looks like a simple DIY job. $380?

Just spend $10-$20 to buy a plastic polish and try 1st la...

p84711z.jpg

Hi, here what you have to do it.

1 - You need water-proof abrasive paper #400 or #800 and a bucket of water.
2 - Dip abrasive paper into the water and start rubbing circular motion to both the headlight covers.
[Note: Please do not work only on one headlight but it is better to work on both to achieved better result, it must be
done to both headlight cover to get the same clarity.]
3- After rubbing thoroughly your headlight will look so milky that you cannot see the reflector inside.
4- Now is the hard part, you need to have ICI Rubbing Compound Fine 32.
5- You sprinkle a little bit of water and a bit of rubbing compound on the cloth and start rubbing in a circular motion till the
headlight will become clearer till you see the inside.
6- After both the headlight is clear, you use metal polish such as "BRASSO" or similar. Take a little bit of brasso on your new
cloth but mine you, do not push too hard just needed the circular motion and let the brasso do it work to off all the hair-
line scratches cause from the rubbing compound.
7- The final is to apply any hard wax polish onto the headlight and it will be as good as new.Good luck.
8- This procedure will safe more money than you can imagine

Last edited by a moderator:

Does Henry restore and cleans the internal part of the headlamps too. Mine has vapour and water marks internally and looks awful when lights are on.

allion;884438 said:
View attachment 40841

Welcome!!! One of the Bro driving 120i went to did it and i happen to be there so ask the owner to let me take a photo on the before and after.

Terras14;875481 said:
i heard from a fren can cut open the headlight and polish from inside and seal back with a 1 year condensation warranty. I dun know how much it cost thou. If going this route, might as well add led ring to the angel one and it be brighter than F10 angel eye.....

Yup Henry is the guy. If I keep my e60 sure cut open n change led ring haha

Just saw this thread, i agree with bro Phoko, nearly all headlights are made of plastic now. They become blur over the years as mud and dirt got stuck to the cover. Try polish first as bro Phoko suggested you get pretty clear lights
Change both headlights if you want them like new lor! But $$$

Bro,

Can share with us if you've done this yourself before, and where do I get all the materials? I gather from your post that we need the following, and here are some questions in relation to that:

1) Water-proof abrasive paper #400 or #800 (do we use both? where to get these and in how much quantity?)
2) ICI Rubbing Compound Fine 32 (where to get this?)
3) What sort of cloth do you recommend? There are tons of cloths out there - my concern is that using "cheap" cotton cloths might scratch the headlamps cause they trap a lot of residue from the polishing compounds.
4) Metal polishes - I understand that Brasso works differently from chrome/aluminium polishes like Autosol (can we use these instead?). Also, what sort of cloth do you recommend us using here?
5) Hard wax polish - what sort of hard wax polishes do you recommend?

Sorry for the long list of questions, bro. Please share if you know, and if I do attempt this, be sure that I will share with photos here for the benefit of us all.

Many thanks!

Phoko;937676 said:
Hi, here what you have to do it.

1 - You need water-proof abrasive paper #400 or #800 and a bucket of water.
2 - Dip abrasive paper into the water and start rubbing circular motion to both the headlight covers.
[Note: Please do not work only on one headlight but it is better to work on both to achieved better result, it must be
done to both headlight cover to get the same clarity.]
3- After rubbing thoroughly your headlight will look so milky that you cannot see the reflector inside.
4- Now is the hard part, you need to have ICI Rubbing Compound Fine 32.
5- You sprinkle a little bit of water and a bit of rubbing compound on the cloth and start rubbing in a circular motion till the
headlight will become clearer till you see the inside.
6- After both the headlight is clear, you use metal polish such as "BRASSO" or similar. Take a little bit of brasso on your new
cloth but mine you, do not push too hard just needed the circular motion and let the brasso do it work to off all the hair-
line scratches cause from the rubbing compound.
7- The final is to apply any hard wax polish onto the headlight and it will be as good as new.Good luck.
8- This procedure will safe more money than you can imagine

fredlim7007;1032172 said:
there's a thread started by Daz3, C&G solution on headlights. Take a look.

Yeah. My friend got the contact from him. Went to the workshop yesterday. Result very gooood... Recommended. 8)

May I know what it cost?
Porky89;876300 said:
Go try check with Gavin from Revol (site sponsor). He can do miracles with cleaning stuff and removing dents. Just a call away.

He ever clear my blur headlights before.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
splaycenter
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back