BMW 125i (E82) - Is it possible to "remap" to 130ispecs

Re: BMW 125i (E82) - Is it possible to "remap" to 130ispecs

jeffrey;690453 said:
any workshop in sg got do arma supercharger?

Yes, is this a bolt on system? Anyone knows who did this in Singapore and whats the damage?

tskd;690506 said:
Congrats on a great car!

For my 125i, I changed to the "BMW Performance" CF intake system, exhaust and brake set. Noticed a more straight line power delivery and stronger pull after 4000 rpm. Nice add on & understated. If you are to buy the brake set, get the rear painted 1st! I am learning it the hard way :)

Cheers and enjoy the ride

Thanks! Is this done at Performance? Whats the damage like? I kindda like the stock exhaust sound on the 125i. Is the Exhaust system louder?

Yes, it is done at PML and they also arranged for it to certified by LTA.

The noise is marginally louder at idle with a throaty rumble but in the cabin, the noise level is not noticeably different. The intake and exhaust really "sings" when rev'd and delivers. But I am sure it is still no way close to a turbo or supercharger.

Cheers

tskd;690594 said:
Yes, it is done at PML and they also arranged for it to certified by LTA.

The noise is marginally louder at idle with a throaty rumble but in the cabin, the noise level is not noticeably different. The intake and exhaust really "sings" when rev'd and delivers. But I am sure it is still no way close to a turbo or supercharger.

Cheers

Can you pm me the damage?

BMW Performance CF intake system will only get you 3hp 3HM, max. Its more for the blink factor + "My intake is not stock" factor imo...

BMW exhaust is just the end box. Not much to gain from here as well. More for the "sound" factor.

That said, I'm thinking of getting the Intake as well, more for the "my intake not stock" factor... lol..

I found a place to buy where could be cheaper, anybody knows how much PML selling here? Please PM me, see the price that I found is it cheaper..

tskd;690506 said:
Congrats on a great car!

For my 125i, I changed to the "BMW Performance" CF intake system, exhaust and brake set. Noticed a more straight line power delivery and stronger pull after 4000 rpm. Nice add on & understated. If you are to buy the brake set, get the rear painted 1st! I am learning it the hard way :)

Cheers and enjoy the ride

You can order them via Eng Soon for way lesser! I buy my parts from them!

Hi peeps, just to revive this thread, has anybody successfully tuned their 125i to 130i specs ?

Did a search over the overseas forums and most say it can be done thru something called valvetronic tuning thru a valvtronic hack software. Something to do with valve lifts.

Any bros here care to share some light on this ?

Some tuning houses in Germany claim they can tune/ hack valvetronic software. Not sure if anyone here tried to upgrade 125i to 130i yet. I can confirm quite a big difference in accel between them.

jeffrey;724098 said:

Hi, am at a crossroad now so would appreciate any good thoughts.

After the Powerbox, have not installed anything else on the car and find that the car is a little sluggish. Before I consider looking at changing the car, I am thinking of seeing if any engine improvement could make me change my mind.

I am not keen on changing the exhaust as I like the stock note but could probably consider manifold change or straight through exhaust if it could improve drivability.

I am still keen to consider if anyone knows how to tune the 125i to 130i specs since it is essentially the same engine.

The car is still a nice car with minor niggles like a cramp interior and heavy steering. Otherwise, I would consider keeping it for a while more.

Thanks!

Yes. Check out US 3 series and German 1 series forums. The difference is supposed to be about 50bhp, i.e. 215 vs 265bhp...you can certainly feel it if its true.

opvaulet;746870 said:
Yes. Check out US 3 series and German 1 series forums. The difference is supposed to be about 50bhp, i.e. 215 vs 265bhp...you can certainly feel it if its true.
Yes, question is if it can be done, and if so, how.

spitfire;746916 said:
Yes, question is if it can be done, and if so, how.

Pm me bro. Can show u some stuff
Basically it can be done

this thread is 7 years old.arent those cars dead and gone!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwinyoga

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back