BMW 318ia M3 CONVERSION?!?!

wilman2772

Legendary 10 Years
Re: BMW 318ia M3 CONVERSION?!?!

hamann said:
hi guys,currently my friend is driving a 318ia and wants to drop a 330 or M3 engine to his bmw 318 4cyclinder :screwedu: :screwedu: ..can anyone advise whether a 6 cyclinder 330 or M3 will fit into the car,is the engine mountings the same?Read in the magazine that just change the M3 mountings and u b able to drop the engine in....? where can my friend buy and install ?? please advise.....

Wah!!! That's alot of work man!!! Wat kinda budget your fren have???

No point asking if he dun have a unlimited funds support u know!!! :roll:

'The Great White'

hamann said:
hi guys,currently my friend is driving a 318ia and wants to drop a 330 or M3 engine to his bmw 318 4cyclinder :screwedu: :screwedu: ..can anyone advise whether a 6 cyclinder 330 or M3 will fit into the car,is the engine mountings the same?Read in the magazine that just change the M3 mountings and u b able to drop the engine in....? where can my friend buy and install ?? please advise.....

From 4cyl to 6cyl...way to obvious for such change. Both engine blocks are completely different (unlike 320-330 which look pretty much the same ).. My advice to ur friend is to drop that idea.

Possible... but u need lots money... hehee :thumbsup: Find the engine with the gear box, and the wiring else well..best is half cut..

Hamann

M new to this forum. Actually from KL, Msia. To answer your question about the conversion, it is possible. I have done the conversion of the S50B30 in my E30 M3 body. right hand drive of course. Also with 5 lugs 17" BBS. I have some Photos for you if you interested. My cousin in US is also in the midst of this conversion to his E30 M3 using the US 3.2 6 speed. All i can say is it lovely to drive especially track days. I did a complete rebuilt that lasted a 9 months.

BM300 said:
M new to this forum. Actually from KL, Msia. To answer your question about the conversion, it is possible. I have done the conversion of the S50B30 in my E30 M3 body. right hand drive of course. Also with 5 lugs 17" BBS. I have some Photos for you if you interested. My cousin in US is also in the midst of this conversion to his E30 M3 using the US 3.2 6 speed. All i can say is it lovely to drive especially track days. I did a complete rebuilt that lasted a 9 months.

Hi BM300, finally got KL,Msian (me sama sama)... have fun here.

he have about 20k to mod....wat u guys advise?? :screwedu:

wilman2772 said:
hamann said:

Wah!!! That's alot of work man!!! Wat kinda budget your fren have???

No point asking if he dun have a unlimited funds support u know!!! :roll:

'The Great White'

he told me he found the engine from uk at sing 15k .2001 m3 engine milage abt 35000miles....wat u think man??

piggyboyz said:
Find the engine first.........

but bro who will check on bmw?? rite..... :twisted:

TripleM said:
hamann said:

From 4cyl to 6cyl...way to obvious for such change. Both engine blocks are completely different (unlike 320-330 which look pretty much the same ).. My advice to ur friend is to drop that idea.

engine ,gearbox,harness,ecu he found liao..but not confirmed yet until hear from u guys advise in the forum,else...i will ask him to drop the idea
wat else he need???

calvin said:
Possible... but u need lots money... hehee :thumbsup: Find the engine with the gear box, and the wiring else well..best is half cut..

wow...thats cool..can u show me some of yr photos?? can it be converted to a e46 318 ??
wat abt the mounting positions...??

BM300 said:
Hamann

'but bro who will check on bmw?? rite..... '

who knows shit happens tis days, n provided ur frd do not need to sent his car for inspection forever lor.

u r rite...unless LTA catches u ..or AA will not bother. :twisted: every year can go AA for inspection...can even arrange garage people to go inspection for u...sure pass...$ makes the world go round! :laughlik: unless someone :shoot: u and tua u to LTA then problems will come...so many civic of my friends on the road 2litre b20b vtec,some even 2.2 stroker kit b20b engine on their EG6!! also everyday on the road...

Snail_Mobile said:

who knows shit happens tis days, n provided ur frd do not need to sent his car for inspection forever lor.

Snail_Mobile said:

Exactly the point...well said dude.

If ur friend got 20k to spare, sell the 318i and dump the 20k into the down payment and get the real thing !!!!! :screwedu: :screwedu: :screwedu:

hamann said:
he told me he found the engine from uk at sing 15k .2001 m3 engine milage abt 35000miles....wat u think man??

piggyboyz said:
Find the engine first.........

15k is way too much to may for a used engine man... especially with 35000miles. Look around somemore, there are quite a number of used engines waiting to find buyers.

$20k is definitely not enough to complete your project. Besides the engine, tranny and mountings, you also need to get the drive shafts, diffs and other suspension parts...

thank u sir! :laughlik:

TripleM said:
Snail_Mobile said:

thank u sir! :laughlik:

TripleM said:
Snail_Mobile said:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
79king05net
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back