BMW 335i Sedan.

ryan

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Am considering to get this model into the family within the next few months.

Any comments so far with regards to the current options available?

I've not been in and around PML recently so any heads up with regards to the current/upcoming model would be nice.

Also, does anyone see this as a potential resale issue car?

Re: BMW 335i Sedan.

1 word: BUY :)

I wanted to get this car too previously. What stopped me were:

- other than the a$$, it looks like any E90 where we now have more on the roads than Toyota Vios.
- E90 is halfway through its 7 year life span. A new one would be coming in 3 years so its appeal wont last beyond that. I intend to own the car for 7 years hence I got the E92.
- At $208k(then), I find it hard to part my $$. Of cos Darth Vader and some would shot me down for saying this.

X6 ?

Beng, don't say lah... now the E92/E93 also so many.... 1 trip from Jurong to town and I counted 6 E92/E93!

Yep the saloon looks rather plain compared to the C350 with panoramic roof. Almost put my $ down for the Merc until the PML salesman got me into the E92 335i Coupe. The rest, as they say, is history :)

Btw Ryan, if you are keen on either car, can help you get really good price from PI - same as Kenneth's.

Ahbengdriver;401799 said:
...it looks like any E90 where we now have more on the roads than Toyota Vios....

That, to me, is a plus point.... I love the stealth/street sleeper factor. I'd be one of those who would buy an E90 M3 and debadge it.... or maybe rebadge it to '320i'.... :lol2:

But now no $$ so can only dream. Heh.

Markus;401801 said:
Yep the saloon looks rather plain compared to the C350 with panoramic roof. Almost put my $ down for the Merc until the PML salesman got me into the E92 335i Coupe. The rest, as they say, is history :)

Btw Ryan, if you are keen on either car, can help you get really good price from PI - same as Kenneth's.

I ve yet to see a C350 on the road. I think their mkt got killed by the 335i badly.

Ya lor - went to C&C to test drive and they could only produce a C280 for test. Even so was very disappointed with the performance - usual lag when your foot is on the pedal so I didn't want to end up having to drive the C350 permanently on Sport Mode. Other thing I wasn't sure about was whether the C class suffers from the "Clackety Clack" engine noise after few years which all Mercs seem to suffer from including the current E class.

Markus;401810 said:
Ya lor - went to C&C to test drive and they could only produce a C280 for test. Even so was very disappointed with the performance - usual lag when your foot is on the pedal so I didn't want to end up having to drive the C350 permanently on Sport Mode. Other thing I wasn't sure about was whether the C class suffers from the "Clackety Clack" engine noise after few years which all Mercs seem to suffer from including the current E class.

wont have to go permanently on Sport Mode...the engine noise...yea kinda...just has more of the creature comforts...more for the pax...335i sedan ba...

Ryan, at this juncture, any thought of car resale will be a spoiler to yr change car thought, one word - depression. in the future, it still will be, maybe better in view of the eventual recovery...., my estimation for 335sedan, u must willing to accept at least $20k dep on a yearly basis, it never linear as u are aware.i think small change to yr current Z4M.

There is a imported white 335 sedan around, try to hook it up.
honestly, i can't think of a sedan that posses pedigree and power at this level of price. alternative will be A4 sedan 3.2,quite close to 335 sedan spec.
choices are limited within peer group.

my thought is to purchase the sedan and sell yr Z4M in a year time of 2 if finance allow. unless it's a direct sale.

tide has turned...It's buyer market now

Beng, you are beng fast to reponse to my post.

oki, ignore the selling part.
For me, i take 335 sedan or A4 Sedan 3.2, no room for others

Markus;401810 said:

same la. Went to test drive their high end C-class and they said 'beng u drive the C200 first. Everything is the same, just that a C280 n C350 is faster'.

What kind of $%&ing sales idea is that. Thats why I ended up with another bimmer.

Ryan, if the DCT is an option and if you are not going for a manual, it may be worthwhile to wait for it (if it isn't already here).

Puny;401831 said:
Ryan, if the DCT is an option and if you are not going for a manual, it may be worthwhile to wait for it (if it isn't already here).

I think DCT is only available for E92/93...

Breyton;401834 said:
I think DCT is only available for E92/93...
Ah, I'm out of touch...

I do know Wilson has a white 335i Sedan available, not sure if it's sold already!

Turbo;401829 said:
Beng, you are beng fast to reponse to my post.

oki, ignore the selling part.
For me, i take 335 sedan or A4 Sedan 3.2, no room for others

it is easier to extract power from 335 than c350 or A4

Breyton;401806 said:
That, to me, is a plus point.... I love the stealth/street sleeper factor. I'd be one of those who would buy an E90 M3 and debadge it.... or maybe rebadge it to '320i'.... :lol2:

But now no $$ so can only dream. Heh.

really!? what would go thru yr mind when one pulls up next to you then blows away in what looked like a souped up M3 wannabe with 320i badge glued to its tail but with quad exhaust and all...?

hehehe jezz wondering..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debetninja
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back