• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

BMW 523 Face Lift

Re: BMW 523 Face Lift

i do know of a workshop who can "tune" the engine output to the same as 525i bhp just by simply changing the ECU of the car...
i will do the"tuning" once my new car warranty expires...

also it is a bit sad that 523i do not have adaptive headlights, sport mode & navigation features as standard items....

fyi, my new car omv is abt $54K+

tigershak;217793 said:
Hi All,

I just joined this forum and came across this thread. I booked the new 523i about a month ago but because we wanted optional features, the car will only arrive sometime in late July/ early August. Because of that we paid a bit more than what heynsl paid

Cheers

so what optional features did u add on?

heynsl;217806 said:
i do know of a workshop who can "tune" the engine output to the same as 525i bhp just by simply changing the ECU of the car...

also it is a bit sad that 523i do not have adaptive headlights, sport mode & navigation features as standard items....

wait for warranty to expire? i think time to change new car liao. :nehnehhh::nehnehhh::nehnehhh::nehnehhh:

heynsl;217806 said:

You should do the mods (that is, if you planning to) subtly... And enjoy it.... if you wait, by the time you want to install, you might already be bored of the car.....

Some have tried, none have succeded so far in trying to increase the 523's output to a 525... Not yet, at least.... if you got the LCI 5, your power is already up by 20+ horses, no need to be so greedy..... Anyway, with the current range, the 525 still uses the N52 as oppose to your 523's N53 engine....

You sure the LCI523 doesn't come with Sports? The navi PRO system can be retrofitted but should be about S$10kplus... sometimes, they have promos.... but its not worth it... if you have it, good, if not, get a garmin....

My previous E39 525 was about 192 bhp and the current 523LCI is about 190. About the same so no complain. The only discomfort I have was the comfort seat. The "normal" seat of the 523 is a bit uncomfortable compared to my previous "comfort seat". Hope to change the seats, if at all possible.

black_cat;218057 said:
My previous E39 525 was about 192 bhp and the current 523LCI is about 190. About the same so no complain. The only discomfort I have was the comfort seat. The "normal" seat of the 523 is a bit uncomfortable compared to my previous "comfort seat". Hope to change the seats, if at all possible.

Wah, this statement regarding the seats I fully agree!

When I was looking to buy the E60, I tried many without the comfort seats and was disappointed that they all felt very uncomfortable somehow no matter how I adjust.
I was almost deciding against buying the E60 altogether until I found one with the comfort seats and luckily I did.

By the way, anyone knows how much is the comfort seat option, heard it's rather expensive?

I think the 523LCI uses the N52 engine and the sport shift is in-corporated in the new gear-shift (in between M1 & M2)

fgchong;218439 said:
I think the 523LCI uses the N52 engine and the sport shift is in-corporated in the new gear-shift (in between M1 & M2)

The activation of the sports mode is the same as the previous gear shift, just move the knob to the left without up/down shifting. You should see DS on the dashboard instead of D... However, I'm not sure whether this transmission is the new sportier one....

Two of the main differences between the E60 LCI and the FL model is that the LCI is equipped with a N53 engine (direct injection) and a sportier gear-box. However, those LCI units brought into singapore is still on the old N52 engine, could anyone confim the difference in the gear-box.

added the adaptive headlights, sports steering wheel and lumbar support for the front seats. Wouldnt have minded the GPs but was too pricey and understood that it would not recognise small roads if going up to Malaysia.

fgchong;218501 said:
Two of the main differences between the E60 LCI and the FL model is that the LCI is equipped with a N53 engine (direct injection) and a sportier gear-box. However, those LCI units brought into singapore is still on the old N52 engine, could anyone confim the difference in the gear-box.

Depends on which model... 523 and 530 engine... I think the 525 is the N52 engine...

I think 525 is still using the N52 engine as they are still using the 2.5l engine for units coming to singapore. Not sure about the 530 but 523 is definitely with the N52 engine.

No, LCI 523 using N53... new power output.... LCI 525 is using the N52 engine, same output as pre-LCI 5

I can confirm that the engine of my present ride (523LCI) which is less than a month old is N52B25AE (indicated on the log card). Not sure whether PML brought in 2 types of engine for this model?

I think you are right. The new 523i is still using the N52 engine that's tuned up to produced 190bhp. That's what the SE told me when I asked them last week.

Hello,

Just spoken to a SE from PML, I was quoted 523 at S$172K after S$11K overtrade.

Is it a good deal after the GST increase?

Cheers :)

I got mine for 170K about a month ago. PML is under pressure to meet the numbers and maintain their lead over their rival, I think you can push for a better deal even with the 2% increase in GST

Me too. I got mine at 170k as well. Just collected my car last weekend. They were running for number for their June month-end though.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
banca-doithuongcom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back