• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

BMW 6 or Porche or ??

Re: BMW 6 or Porche or ??

It is indeed a lot of money had been spend to upkeep the ride for the past 4 weeks. The thought of keeping it did cross my mind but was afraid that more will come.

My immediate and extended family had never believe in two doors, not to mentioned "sports car". It will be a change of mindset if I get one. They are all very traditional - Jap cars.

Anyway, got to keep the options open.

Thanks,

As long as you have at least one four door car or minivan, then it's not that difficult to justify having a two door. You just need to show the family how easy it is to get in and out of a well-designed coupe and how comfy it can be in the rear (the 911 loses out there unless all of your friends and family are under 1.6 metres tall!).

foxfrc5;144431 said:
Boris, sometimes I forget what fantastic wheels you have had (and still have): E36 M3, E39 M5, 996 GT3, 993 TT and 993 RS... I know which one I would have regretted selling (clue: no electric windows).

OT:

Actually, the 993RS (best EVER EVER EVER car I EVER had) for Singapore came with normal airbag steering wheel (not the lovely 3 spoke non airbag one) and electric windows. Also for Singapore, the car had A/C as standard.

But it was still one of only about 100 RHD RS made. I SUPER SUPER regret exporting the car to NZ. Will never get it back......

Rex7

OT....

1.) PI Brand New E46 M3 Coupe - apprx $250k

is any PI still bringing this car ??

thanks

hmmmm blackcat....why not consider a Mini Cooper S cabrio with full JCW stuff and hartge bodykit (shown in my avatar)? u wont spend anything more than 180K....and still get 210BHP, 0-100 in 6.5secs tops at 240km/h

250k can get you 2 cars?? A new Boxster(not even the S yet) is now 226k, bare and basic. Add on some options,which is a must for most, will bump it up to about 250k!!

yup yup.......................

DR FASTCAR,
a new boxster 226k,so left 24k, can only get a COE S13...

no s15...

haha.... COE s13 needs a lot of work to be done before u can get it sideways in a controlled drift.... the car v old so a lot of chassis flex

saw the new Jag XK-R (the 2 dorr coupe) on the road. I have to say photo do not do the car justice.

The car got road presence and it will be rare.

gtr_Gtti;144687 said:
hmmmm blackcat....why not consider a Mini Cooper S cabrio with full JCW stuff and hartge bodykit (shown in my avatar)? u wont spend anything more than 180K....and still get 210BHP, 0-100 in 6.5secs tops at 240km/h

the Mini...is super small...might be a 4 seater...but the backseats are pure crap...u dun have to be a giant and already the front seats are pushed back so much...unless u want ur passengers to seat crossed-legged.... :| no space for luggage as well....

The mini is definitely a fun car to drive. However, it is not suitable for everyday business use. I think 630 is just about right and will seriously consider this ride.

Regards,

pilotsnoopy;144916 said:
the Mini...is super small...might be a 4 seater...but the backseats are pure crap...u dun have to be a giant and already the front seats are pushed back so much...unless u want ur passengers to seat crossed-legged.... :| no space for luggage as well....

ACSCAB2;144419 said:
...n i hav a 986 box S runnin around for last 2 years plus. a joy to drive n own. n insurance is reali dirt cheap.....contrary to popular tinkin.....

Cheers

I must have missed something. I'm paying $3,700 for my S's insurance and that's after 50% NCB. Not to mention excess is $5k... I don't consider that 'dirt' cheap at all man... And this is with NTUC. AXA is even more expensive.

Black_cat,

I am in the same antoganizing position as you not knowing what to get as a 2nd car. Guess the only diff is that I have no kids yet. I have just recently sold my SL, which looks great, its a definite head turner with the roof down, in silver with amg bodykit, but driving dynamics is just not there.

i tried the 645 when it launched (i had an M3 then) and decided to go with the SL instead. Actually given that since there are so many 6 on the road compared to SL, I think exclusivity plays some role.

My friend recently bought a 1.5 yr old 997c2 for about 350k pre-owned full options which is a good deal IMO. U may want consider stretching u're budget to a 997 and the depreciation on a pre-owned 997 should be the same as a new 523/730?

Cheers

Clubhead;144958 said:
I must have missed something. I'm paying $3,700 for my S's insurance and that's after 50% NCB. Not to mention excess is $5k... I don't consider that 'dirt' cheap at all man... And this is with NTUC. AXA is even more expensive.
Try Liberty. A lot of Porsche owners are insured with them. May be cheaper.

Harry1;144995 said:
Black_cat,

I am in the same antoganizing position as you not knowing what to get as a 2nd car. Guess the only diff is that I have no kids yet. I have just recently sold my SL, which looks great, its a definite head turner with the roof down, in silver with amg bodykit, but driving dynamics is just not there.

i tried the 645 when it launched (i had an M3 then) and decided to go with the SL instead. Actually given that since there are so many 6 on the road compared to SL, I think exclusivity plays some role.

My friend recently bought a 1.5 yr old 997c2 for about 350k pre-owned full options which is a good deal IMO. U may want consider stretching u're budget to a 997 and the depreciation on a pre-owned 997 should be the same as a new 523/730?

Cheers

Hello Harry,

The SL is about SGD380k that really stretch the budget by about 52%. My wife will skin me alive! She is a very practical person and do not mind my driving a Cefino or Camry.

BTW, the SL and SLK seem very similar. Any huge difference between them?

Regards,

Harry1;144995 said:
Black_cat,

Cheers

A new 911 now is under 400k. So a 1.5 years old should depreciate more??

Clubhead;144958 said:

haha, yr car is older then mine so yr ins muz definitely b cheaper, in terms of mkt value. i hav 50% NCB as well. I am payin 1.4K for my ins, fm Axa as well. Bro, u r definitely missing out something bro. PM me if u want for info.

Cheers

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debet39com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back