BMW Advance Driving Course

• Yes, I've alway wanted to know too.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No. it does not interest me to know.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SUPAN;916365 said:
I tot our photos on the 13th Oct ... alot of heros ... hehe ..

Maybe we are doing negative demostrations ... haha

did you take any photos? care to share?

Re: BMW Advance Driving Course

BTW for those who have gone before - what is the policy on photo-taking? Any point my bringing a camera along? Or will the organizers take photos for you?

i brought a small point and shoot as there is not much places for storing a big camera while you drive during the course. photos are allowed. the organisers only provide a group photo at the end.

yellowhandman;916813 said:
BTW for those who have gone before - what is the policy on photo-taking? Any point my bringing a camera along? Or will the organizers take photos for you?

Just bring, no issues. Got GoPro even better.

Quick question.. What time do you normally get back to SG? I have a wedding dinner that I need to attend.

jerms;917177 said:
Quick question.. What time do you normally get back to SG? I have a wedding dinner that I need to attend.

Depends on traffic..that time my batch came back 745...

Andally;917180 said:
Depends on traffic..that time my batch came back 745...

came back tired like mad.... i din even have dinner. washed up and crawled into bed.... :(

Got back from my session today before 7pm...training moved quite fast so we had wrapped up everything in Pasir Gudang by around 5pm. So despite the rain, got back earlier than the 7.30pm timing we had been given.

As for the training, all I can say is....SHIOK! Difficult enough to be challenging, yet also fun. But gotta agree that the food was passable at best.

yellowhandman;917319 said:
Got back from my session today before 7pm...training moved quite fast so we had wrapped up everything in Pasir Gudang by around 5pm. So despite the rain, got back earlier than the 7.30pm timing we had been given.

As for the training, all I can say is....SHIOK! Difficult enough to be challenging, yet also fun. But gotta agree that the food was passable at best.

Yes, I have to agree. Yellowhandman was on car 9 and I on car 8. Challenging, fun and enriching experience. Brought back good learning points.

Can anyone pls provide the FULL DETAILS like

..exact cost...
where to make the booking...
training programme...

Actually I'm looking at ADVANCE DRIVING course... like diff driving technique, like how to drive with body and car as SOUL...not those defensive driving...somewhat like what a professional driver will be given...late braking... air flow distribution... understanding of weight distribution movement during drive...etc etc...

I attended a local advance driving course..end up it's ONLY like defensive driving... how to brake in time...ABS stuffs, how to move in S figure S drive...wah pian...so disappointed!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

The link posted by Mockngbrd is for overseas courses. For the local courses conducted by PML at Pasir Gudang, this is the link with info on what the course involves, how to sign up, etc:

BMW Driving Experience : Overview

The 'Advanced' Driving Experience which I just went for is actually defensive driving, and costs about $1,000. The next level is called 'Intensive', and that includes drifting and tracking - it costs about $2,000 and you must have gone through the 'Advanced' level first.

BTW there's no 'Basic'. The instructors explained that the 'Basic' level is meant for new drivers, and PML stopped conducting the course some years back.

Is it worth going for the intensive course ???

Any advance driver planning for the 2nd Dec ?

Thinking to play abit ....

Hi Bro, thanks to post up the information that I was hoping to see finally...
I'm VERY VERY ENCOURAGED TO SEE so so many ppl responded to this post since I started this thread.

It'll be very useful for those who had gone for the advanced course to share more on it...
KEEP IT POURING... Bimmers BAND of Brothers!!! The BBB

yellowhandman;918236 said:
The link posted by Mockngbrd is for overseas courses. For the local courses conducted by PML at Pasir Gudang, this is the link with info on what the course involves, how to sign up, etc:

BMW Driving Experience : Overview

The 'Advanced' Driving Experience which I just went for is actually defensive driving, and costs about $1,000. The next level is called 'Intensive', and that includes drifting and tracking - it costs about $2,000 and you must have gone through the 'Advanced' level first.

BTW there's no 'Basic'. The instructors explained that the 'Basic' level is meant for new drivers, and PML stopped conducting the course some years back.

I think it's possible to have very widely different views of the Advanced course, simply because of the cost. I enjoyed it tremendously and thought it was (my wife's) money well spent, but some may feel that it's not worth it at almost $1,000 (after owner discount). Of course, if you managed to get it free when you bought your Beemer, then the cost is not an issue and you can just relax and enjoy.

But don't expect to be taught how to be Takumi from Initial D...that apparently comes in the Intensive course.

Woke up early Sunday morning and found my way to Sime Darby at Bukit Timah. We were all supposed to meet there for the bus to bring us to the track in Pasir Gudang where the training is held. I thought to myself if this was all worth it. Awake at 6am on a Sunday, going to Pasir Gudang, spending the entire day under the sun and expected rain. This better be good and was I in for a pleasant surprise.

A group of drivers has already gathered at Sime Darby and some were chit chatting while others were reading the morning papers and having McDonald coffee. We were all very obedient except for 2 who didn’t turn up in the given BMW training polo shirts. At 6.35am all of us boarded the tour bus were headed to the causeway which took us about 30mins in total to clear both the Customs. The bus ride to Pasir Gudang was nice and smooth with a few of us catching up with some last minute of sleep while others talked non-stop the minute they boarded. As the bus pulled into Gate D of Pasir Gudang we were greeted with the sight of two neatly parked rows of 328i. Everyone on the bus was awake now and out came the mobile phones snapping pictures which resembled the scene of what fans of PSY did when they saw him just the night before. Breakfast was fried beehoon which was I felt was a little salty plus a choice of coffee or tea. Everyone finished breakfast quickly and we were then ushered to the 2nd level of the padlocks where the theory lessons are to be conducted. The lesson covered a variety of subjects from the basic sitting posture to the more advance theory about the circle of Kamm. If you pay attention like how we all did then I am sure you will really benefit from the lesson because you will gain more in-depth knowledge about how your machine performs and what are the limitations. As useful as the theories were, I am sure a lot of us in the room can’t wait to get into the new F30s.

View attachment 44375

View attachment 44376

View attachment 44371

View attachment 44372

View attachment 44373

Once the theories were done, we were separated into 2 big groups and then further grouped in either a party of 2 or 3. Every party of 3 or 2 shared 1 car and we were taken for a warm up drive around the slaloms going at speeds of 20KPH. After the warm up the groups of 2 are separated so that 1 group does a set of training in the morning and the other group does another set and we will change over the training in the afternoon. I won’t talk too much about the training (want to know must pay and go!) and if you look at other postings you will find that there has been more detailed FR put up but I have some videos that I shot on my mobile phone which still needs a little editing and I will share later. However, one thing that I will talk about are the meals. Maybe I am not a picky person but I find that the meals provided are reasonable. It might be due to the many comments that I have read in the forum so my expectations has already been lowered? Here I have a pictures of what they served for lunch. There were sambal fish, fried mushrooms, beancurd, prawns and beef. Not too bad but if you are expecting 4 star restaurant standard then I am sorry it’s going to disappoint you.

View attachment 44374

We ended the day pretty early as we arrived in the morning ahead of time and headed back to Singapore after the certificate and Fastest Timed Slalom prize presentation. Lastly, I have to mention that throughout the entire course the instructors were really patient and were willing to give advice on where we have done wrong or how we can do better. They are also a friendly group of people and that made my day spend at Pasir Gudang worth it and of course not to forget the 328i which I have ‘punished’ so hard. Finally, now I know what is the difference between having the DSC on and off and I tell you… it makes a whole lot of difference!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ya the food looks fine. Add a teh tarik and a burger Ramly... :cloud9:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7fun7pro

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups