BMW Advanced Car Eye

Re: BMW Advanced Car Eye

I went back to Max immediately after the problem occurred but he could not resolve issue. That's why I went to PML instead.
We may have different root cause then. Lucky for you.

Dear all, I am considering to get the BMW advance car eye. After more than 6 months, any further feedback? Worth the jump?

Hi extremeOH, I had not used any other in-vehicle cameras before so I can't help much when it comes to making comparisons.

After more than 6 months of use, I can provide the following feedback:
1) Once in a long while, the camera unit feedbacks that the rear camera is not attached and that I need to check the connections. It goes away after the car is restarted. When I sent my car back to service centre, the service staff acknowledged my concerns but were unable to find any faults with the connections since it is intermittent.

2) As it is positioned closer to the co-passenger's side of the windscreen, it is susceptible to log an event when the left door is closed with the same force applied to another other doors.

3) Using the default memory card provided and the recordings fill it up quickly. Once it is filled, the camera unit complains that the disk require a defrag every time I turn on the engine of the car. A simple card format via the screen removes this bothersome message but it comes back when the disk is full and its contents get over-written all over again.

4) Tried viewing the contents via the software provided. The whole setup process was easy. Quality of the image captured is above average in my opinion.

Good luck with your purchase

john5017;n1844181 said:
Hi extremeOH, I had not used any other in-vehicle cameras before so I can't help much when it comes to making comparisons.

1) Once in a long while, the camera unit feedbacks that the rear camera is not attached and that I need to check the connections. It goes away after the car is restarted. When I sent my car back to service centre, the service staff acknowledged my concerns but were unable to find any faults with the connections since it is intermittent.

2) As it is positioned closer to the co-passenger's side of the windscreen, it is susceptible to log an event when the left door is closed with the same force applied to another other doors.

3) Using the default memory card provided and the recordings fill it up quickly. Once it is filled, the camera unit complains that the disk require a defrag every time I turn on the engine of the car. A simple card format via the screen removes this bothersome message but it comes back when the disk is full and its contents get over-written all over again.

4) Tried viewing the contents via the software provided. The whole setup process was easy. Quality of the image captured is above average in my opinion.

Thanks John5017 for your honest feedback. Frankly I thought for that price, it should be problem free. I guess I might just go for iroad v9, which is half the price.

Sorry Bros. One more question, for the advance car eye does it obstruct the wind screen view? The camera looks rather big. I saw some installed at the left of the rear mirror not some right at the center below the rear mirror. In both position does it block your view when driving or the passenger's view?

extremeOH;n1844194 said:
Thanks John5017 for your honest feedback. Frankly I thought for that price, it should be problem free. I guess I might just go for iroad v9, which is half the price.

Since iroad V9 was mentioned, let me share my experience. The camera works very well and resolution is very very clear for front and back! But, gadget somehow cannot works well with BMW smart system. I tried the park mode - record when there is motion detected. There is a restarting problem on the gadget when this mode is activated. Gadget was not able to start up when engine starts and voltage charged above the setting. The gadget works well with the cut off command, when the batt is low (car is parked and engine is off), gadget will be cut off automatically. This allow car to have enough Volt to start up. BMW smart system will prompt nearly every morning that gadget is disconnected when car batt V drop below setting (u can set this Voltage) and error sign lights up at dashboard, a bit irritating.

So, now I use only the drive mode, means starts recording when car starts up and stop when engine switch off. Cant record when stationary parked (park mode).

If anyone else has similar V9 installed, may be can share their experience...cheers.

New5;n1844518 said:
Since iroad V9 was mentioned, let me share my experience. The camera works very well and resolution is very very clear for front and back! But, gadget somehow cannot works well with BMW smart system. I tried the park mode - record when there is motion detected. There is a restarting problem on the gadget when this mode is activated. Gadget was not able to start up when engine starts and voltage charged above the setting. The gadget works well with the cut off command, when the batt is low (car is parked and engine is off), gadget will be cut off automatically. This allow car to have enough Volt to start up. BMW smart system will prompt nearly every morning that gadget is disconnected when car batt V drop below setting (u can set this Voltage) and error sign lights up at dashboard, a bit irritating.

So, now I use only the drive mode, means starts recording when car starts up and stop when engine switch off. Cant record when stationary parked (park mode).

If anyone else has similar V9 installed, may be can share their experience...cheers.

Thanks New5 for this new information. If not, I may faced the same problem as you. So the safest bet is still advanced eye?

Booked appointment to fix up the advance car eye next week, any advice from experienced bros out there?

Installed the cam, but PML service sucks big time. Spent 30 mins told the service advisor on where to install and show him on other cars where the cam should not be install and where I wanted it. In the end, they cut a hole in the rear mirror console and installed the cam just below the mirror. Totally different from where I wanted it. Am I being too picky or I should just suck it up, pay and leave.

Finally my issue settled. Have to call countless times, complain countless times. Final verdict. Don't ever visit the main showroom service center. Even the service manager acknowledged the staff there are incompetence, avoid at all cost!!

Hey, like to check with you. How do you fix that irritating defragmentation issue? I just got my car 2 weeks ago and am already hearing this whenever I start my engine. Do I just format the SD on the cam? Is there a perm fix? Thks

Hey, like to check with you. How do you fix that irritating defragmentation issue? I just got my car 2 weeks ago and am already hearing this whenever I start my engine. Do I just format the SD on the cam? Is there a perm fix? Thks

No choice, need to reformat SD card every time you are prompted to defragment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

One question to those that had installed BMW ACE:

• During driving mode, it is normal to have no blue LED light at the front unit during recording?
* I had already set the security LED to be on.
* Rear camera no issue always light up in parking or driving mode.

Thanks you if any bros can help me clarify the above.

Hi all, would like to check what is the biggest capacity (SD card) one could get for BMW ACE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding the sd card. I know I can view the events on the camera but it seems it only shows for a short period. If I view the sd card, does it allow us to see more records like 2 days ago?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back