BMW Advanced Car Eye

Don’t listen to PML. I had the same problem with ACE1.0. Go outside and do your own for $300. They can reuse the existing cables with adapters to fit your new camera. Don’t be suckered by PML. it will not invalidate your warranty. The warranty is covered by BMW ASIA, not PML
thanks which brand of car cam you used, can fit BMW cabling, so I no need to rewire, many thanks

After 3 years, I finally received "No SD Card" error message. I bought a new SD card (128GB) and format to FAT32. However the error remains unchanged. Any advise?

After 3 years, I finally received "No SD Card" error message. I bought a new SD card (128GB) and format to FAT32. However the error remains unchanged. Any advise?
I’m having the same issue and I’m wondering does the micro sd card need to be industrial grade?

Not industrial grade, but the high endurance ones are recommended as they are made for constant writes and higher heat endurance.

bro what SW you used to format to FAT32? My ACE have some issue as it will only store up to around 15gb, which my SD card is 32. I tried 64gb last week without formatting to FAT32 and failed :(

Anyone can help as to why BMW Eye keeps rebooting, hence not recording. PML got battery changed for $900 a week ago but servive advisor said Eye is damaged! Installed Eye 3yrs ago with brand new car for about $1000. Looks like Eye is not durable.

Get rid of the useless bmw camera and get a proper one from blackvue or iroad for 1/2 the price with better features. Also $900 for a battery ? Wow wee $500 profit for them right there !

Get rid of the useless bmw camera and get a proper one from blackvue or iroad for 1/2 the price with better features. Also $900 for a battery ? Wow wee $500 profit for them right there !

Ya that service advisor NickyLee said it's the orginal BMW 90 amp battery which cannot be found outside and if can its not original and "not be able to be recorded" (he meant the 1yr guarantee i think) so went with it.

Full of crap that was. Basically all you need is a agm battery of any brand with the correct amperage. Coding can be done ANYWHERE damn even i can do it so don't belive everything you're told.

Remember BMW makes cars NOT batteries. Basically they just pay some company that manufacture the batteries for them and slap the BMW logo on it and charge you 200% markup.

Anyone can help as to why BMW Eye keeps rebooting, hence not recording. PML got battery changed for $900 a week ago but servive advisor said Eye is damaged! Installed Eye 3yrs ago with brand new car for about $1000. Looks like Eye is not durable.

I guess all car cams are heat intolerant.My A.C.E installed at Elebest is still chugging along after 5 years.The car is rarely if ever parked outdoors though.

Full of crap that was. Basically all you need is a agm battery of any brand with the correct amperage. Coding can be done ANYWHERE damn even i can do it so don't belive everything you're told.

Remember BMW makes cars NOT batteries. Basically they just pay some company that manufacture the batteries for them and slap the BMW logo on it and charge you 200% markup.

Thank you for the kind reply. I must have been scammed by the BMW Service Advisor. Dont ever think will do any installation at BMW Kg Arang anymore. Still got 2yrs free servicing though.

I guess all car cams are heat intolerant.My A.C.E installed at Elebest is still chugging along after 5 years.The car is rarely if ever parked outdoors though.
Thank you. Will get a cheaper one like yours to replace that scammed BMW Eye..1k but lasted only 3yrs!

Its not a scam its dealer markup as usual. Dont blame others for personal mistakes. That SA did nothing more then his job to recommend stuff as per your requirements. Calling it a scam is inappropriate

Thank you. Will get a cheaper one like yours to replace that scammed BMW Eye..1k but lasted only 3yrs!
It’s very unethical for that Nicky Lee to scam you like that. I will take note to avoid this SA!
Thank you for the kind reply. I must have been scammed by the BMW Service Advisor. Dont ever think will do any installation at BMW Kg Arang anymore. Still got 2yrs free servicing though.

Mine IS the BMW Car eye first gen .I paid around $600 for it at Elebest who aren't the cheapest around.

It's not a scam .Its the price paid for going to PML for accessories like this.

like @rssid says BMW does not make batteries or car dash cams - They just slap on branding.For eg.the BMW Car eye gen 1 is actually the Mando BF 100! :)

http://mandoservice.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=product&wr_id=2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
igo88app
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back