BMW Advanced Car Eye

I am having the same problem.
kindly pm me if you found any workshop which help change to another car camera. Thanks

You can look up soon lee audio. They mainly do iroad and so far done an excellent job in hiding all wires and wiring to fusebox with proper fuses. Alternative is buy a used x9 or x10 set and they will also do the install for you. Remember to get the external battery if ypu plan on doing the 24hr parking thing or the car will throw a idrive error msg.

Hi. I'm looking to install an iRoad x5 without external battery. I am told the car will give out a warning because of battery drain. Is that ok? Someone told me to install an external battery, but I'm not so keen. Is it really required or recommended to get an external battery?

my current ACE 1.0 got couple issues after less than 2 years I.e. screen touch, auto rebooting (every 10mins), unable to read SD card etc. During one of my servicing at PML, SA said to change the cam to 2.0 and quoted me $1,400 :eek: and need to drive-in on another appointment for the installation. The replacement would need whole day because of the wiring.

I checked around with other bimmer and was told that the price of $999 or $888 (w trade-in of functional 1.0 ACE) are seasonal promotion price.

Aside on the cam, i am disappointed by the SA too (name was mentioned in the earlier post in this thread). This SA initially quoted me $560++ during my routine servicing. I subsequently found out that there is actually maintenance package (for 3 servicing which work to be around $300/service ("Is this value-added service to the customer?"). When I asked him later on this, the reply "you can buy the package on Yr next servicing". still have to audacity to message me to give him a feedback rating of minimum 9 out 10.

Last edited:
my current ACE 1.0 got couple issues after less than 2 years I.e. screen touch, auto rebooting (every 10mins), unable to read SD card etc. During one of my servicing at PML(EC), AD said to change the cam to 2.0 and quoted me $1,400 :eek: and need to drive-in on another appointment for the installation. The replacement would need whole day because of the wiring.

Just curious - hasn't the ACE 2.0 been out for more than 2 years.Why do you have the 1.0 :(.

Just curious - hasn't the ACE 2.0 been out for more than 2 years.Why do you have the 1.0 :(.

Ace 1.0 came with the ride in 2018. The current cam was replaced at the 8th mth after making multiple trips to check on the faulty touch screen.

anyway, I went to install this blackvue750 model+cell link today and cost me about 50% less the price PML quoted me earlier. :Tongue:

i got mine at $999 just earlier this month, inclusive of installation.

The SA attending to you, is good.

I just learnt from other bimmer the seasonal promotion ended on 30 Jun.

Last edited:
hi all, jus collected my ride (520 ,2018 model)last week and I noticed that the ACE has the issue of not able to detect the SD card even though I have changed to a new one. Guess it’s time to change the camera . May I know which camera is ok for the car and which workshop to install?

appreciate your advise pls/

Soon Lee audio is a good place to go.

They deal mainly with iRoad and the X9 dual camera is pretty good. The X10 is also pretty good but other then nice videos the price premium is not really worth while. Remember to get a external battery so you won't deplete your car's battery.

Alternative is Blackvue 750s 2 ch also a very capable in-car dash camera setup.

You can pick either one up on carousel cheap, soon lee will do the install for you. Battery better not to get a used unit get it new as people are asking silly money for used ones.

iRoad X9
https://www.carousell.sg/search/iro...archId=eqjXSP&sort_by=time_created,descending

Blackvue 750s 2 ch
https://www.carousell.sg/search/bla...=true&includeSuggestions=true&searchId=jmbDGp

hi all, jus collected my ride (520 ,2018 model)last week and I noticed that the ACE has the issue of not able to detect the SD card even though I have changed to a new one. Guess it’s time to change the camera . May I know which camera is ok for the car and which workshop to install?

appreciate your advise pls/

I just installed blackvue 750 at Autotrend. the job was completed within 2hrs.

my current ACE 1.0 got couple issues after less than 2 years I.e. screen touch, auto rebooting (every 10mins), unable to read SD card etc. During one of my servicing at PML, SA said to change the cam to 2.0 and quoted me $1,400 :eek: and need to drive-in on another appointment for the installation. The replacement would need whole day because of the wiring.

I checked around with other bimmer and was told that the price of $999 or $888 (w trade-in of functional 1.0 ACE) are seasonal promotion price.

Aside on the cam, i am disappointed by the SA too (name was mentioned in the earlier post in this thread). This SA initially quoted me $560++ during my routine servicing. I subsequently found out that there is actually maintenance package (for 3 servicing which work to be around $300/service ("Is this value-added service to the customer?"). When I asked him later on this, the reply "you can buy the package on Yr next servicing". still have to audacity to message me to give him a feedback rating of minimum 9 out 10.

that SA cmi lah ! If he is really good, no need to ask customers to rate him high, people will automatically do so. After my recent encounter at pml, I am really disappointed by their professionalism and they should be ashamed of themselves !!!!

Hi everyone, just to check if anyone replaced the SD cards on car eye 2.0 before? Can it be replaced with other brands of SD cards or it must be from PML itself?

hi all, can i check if anyone of you encountered battery leakage problems? i suspect is coming from the dashcam.

Hello all, just gotta a BMW without their cam/film. No issue to just go out and do the camera right?

be careful if still under warranty.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1jun88net
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back