BMW Advanced Car Eye

Westwwood

Hi Bro,
Just fix the BMW camera but after reading the manual, still cannot tell how long the 32GB card can record. Check with Max and he also cannot answer. Please advise.
Thanks

Re: BMW Advanced Car Eye

i guess u just have to look into the footages periodically to determine the approximate duration.

Have been thinking about installing this for a long time but from some of the experiences here, guess I'll stick to my trusted Garmin recorder. Has been working without fail for 2 years.

any reviews on the advance eye? thinking of installing a dash cam considering black vue as well.

Hi Bro.
So far so good. auto cut off if battery low. so don't need additional battery pack. recording on sd card 32gb space is limited as it is recording in 1080.

I had mine installed together with the delivery of the car. The instruction manual says Full HD for the front and HD at the back so the 32GB is not really enough. Twice, the camera says that memory card requires de-fragmenting and since I can't find that option, I formatted the card to make the irritating reminders go away.

Another thing I noted was that the once in a while, the rear camera will be reported as not connected by the camera unit. Without doing anything, the rear camera will just be re-connected at the next restart of my journey. Anyone facing this issue?

Last edited by a moderator:

I spoken to Max from Elebest regarding this irritating message and he said you have to do a full reformat on the computer for the sd card and it won't come out so fast. I have yet to try it because too troublesome.

For 64 and above u can format fat32 to make it work. If u have a Mac it's in the os. If u using windows I need to download a software to format fat32

Hi, anyone did a comparison of the night shot between the BMW Advanced Car eye and the Blackvue unit ? Like to know how it fares. Thanks

Hi

Recently I keep getting the message "...limit had reached. Stop recording now" about 1 -2 min after I off the engine.

When I start engine again either immediately or next day. the voice message is "Within limit..recording restarted"

Does this means my battery is weak? My car is brand new and only 4 1/2 month old.

Any comments?

If you have a volt meter or multimeter, measure your battery voltage when the engine is off. It should be above 12V. I had a similar issue when I didn't use my F10 for more than a month, battery voltage was 11.7V. The battery drain was so much that even when I resumed driving it for a few weeks, the battery voltage remained around 12V. Eventually I had to recharge the battery with an external charger. Now the battery voltage with the engine turned off is 12.7V (car in deep sleep mode) and 12.4V (engine just turned off and with my camera running).

I get only about 30 - 40 files X 1 min of actual driving footage ( rest all parking mode ) which is not much since some files are rear view camera files.Works out to about 2 days of minimal driving in the city - I can see 2 folders with date on connection to the computer.Definitely need to try a higher capacity card :(

LimPeh;1124830 said:
If you have a volt meter or multimeter, measure your battery voltage when the engine is off. It should be above 12V. I had a similar issue when I didn't use my F10 for more than a month, battery voltage was 11.7V. The battery drain was so much that even when I resumed driving it for a few weeks, the battery voltage remained around 12V. Eventually I had to recharge the battery with an external charger. Now the battery voltage with the engine turned off is 12.7V (car in deep sleep mode) and 12.4V (engine just turned off and with my camera running).

thanks for advise. Where do you charge your battery? My first servicing with PML is due in another 1000km. Can I request them to charge the battery?

I charge my battery at home. :)
Yes, I believe you can request PML to charge your battery too. Good luck!

I encountered the same problem when it was first installed. Have to bring back to PML to reset the coding and then all works fine again. No battery change, PML also don't know what is the issue just reset to factory setting and all is fine.

hollowman;1124847 said:
I encountered the same problem when it was first installed. Have to bring back to PML to reset the coding and then all works fine again. No battery change, PML also don't know what is the issue just reset to factory setting and all is fine.

Went to Max yesterday. His staff solve the problem in 30min. Everything is fine for me so far

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubet77fashion
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back