BMW emblem fell off Keyfob: Custom sticker to replace?

Re: BMW emblem fell off Keyfob: Custom sticker to replace?

Puny
Goto Sunshine Plaza. THEY HAVE ALL sizes and super high quality. 5 pcs cost 20 bucks......

Jus across my offce, I go there so often and see so many nice stuff but dunno where to stick 'em! Hahaha!

They open from 1 pm to 6pm Mon - Fri. Not sure abt weekends tho......

Cheers!

the small ones are 5 pc $20....big ones different...wait puny grab 5 big ones and pay uncle or his maid 20 bucks....hehe

5 pcs ?? like quite alot leh... i also want leh.. but only wan 1 to stick on my key.. i using those custom flip type of key.. wan a small logo also... anyone ai share mai ?

TobyNik;387880 said:
Puny
Goto Sunshine Plaza. THEY HAVE ALL sizes and super high quality. 5 pcs cost 20 bucks......

Jus across my offce, I go there so often and see so many nice stuff but dunno where to stick 'em! Hahaha!

They open from 1 pm to 6pm Mon - Fri. Not sure abt weekends tho......

Cheers!

Wah, not bad.. shall go there during lunch one day, quite near my office too, then the excess can stick on my glasses frame, handphone, watch, etc....:screwedu:

DarKy;387869 said:
the shop call SOXXI at toh guan selling the OEM 6 pieces $5
I went down to Soxxi at Toh Guan yesterday, but the stickers they are selling are much bigger and cannot fit (about 20mm wide instead of the original 10.5mm). Thanks for the recommendation though. :)

Puny,

Go for the shop at Sunshine plaza then. I guarantee they have it.
If not go J4C, its inside their showroom.

sszone;388037 said:
my office at beach road....any other bros working in the bugis area??

i work very near u also... hehehe... tot of getting 1 more unit at Haji lane, lagi near to you..... lolx

Update: Went down to Sunshine Plaza and bought a pack of 5 stickers for the $20 ($19 after discount) as mentioned. The quality is very good - the "sticker" has an aluminium base, embossed and coated with polyurethane resin. However, I was a little concerned about the thickness of the label as the key ignition slot has very little space clearance.

True enough, when I put the key into the ignition slot, even before it's halfway through, there was resistance from the resin pushing against the edge. The good news is, the sticker didn't come off. A little close for comfort I would say - sticker may get stuck inside for eternity.

I wanted to make the sticker thinner - in the process, I destroyed 2 logos. Tried flattening the top resin through heat (iron) and also shaving some of resin off using a ultra sharp razor. Both yielded poor results. So I decided not to waste any more and just use the stickers as they are. For the sake of science, I dyno-ed my car before and after installing the logo - and confirmed that there is no power increase at all *weak*.

Hi Puny, thanks for sharing! Mine also fell off once but managed to find it (happened at home). I have since glued it back and it bonded well until now (touched wood)!

Puny;388266 said:
Update: Went down to Sunshine Plaza and bought a pack of 5 stickers for the $20 ($19 after discount) as mentioned. The quality is very good - the "sticker" has an aluminium base, embossed and coated with polyurethane resin. However, I was a little concerned about the thickness of the label as the key ignition slot has very little space clearance.

True enough, when I put the key into the ignition slot, even before it's halfway through, there was resistance from the resin pushing against the edge. The good news is, the sticker didn't come off. A little close for comfort I would say - sticker may get stuck inside for eternity.

I wanted to make the sticker thinner - in the process, I destroyed 2 logos. Tried flattening the top resin through heat (iron) and also shaving some of resin off using a ultra sharp razor. Both yielded poor results. So I decided not to waste any more and just use the stickers as they are. For the sake of science, I dyno-ed my car before and after installing the logo - and confirmed that there is no power increase at all *weak*.

hmm looks good ! time for me to head down to sunshine plaza.. but the main thing is the timing tat their opening hours is veryvery weird..

sszone;388037 said:
Not bugis but nearby.. The Adelphi counted? hahaha.. Well, i'll be there till mid-nov only.. then back to school, most probably.. haha

sszone;388037 said:
Not bugis but nearby.. The Adelphi counted? hahaha.. Well, i'll be there till mid-nov only.. then back to schooling, perhaps.. haha

Puny;388266 said:

Bro I go sunshine plaza to get the stickers buy the store keeper say don have leh. :(

Is it the auto accessories store at e corner or a printing shop?

U have spare? Can u buy 2 fr u?

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm looking for this sticker too.

Anyone has any ideas where to get it now?

I recently replaced my keyfob emblem at PML (three weeks ago).

epong;580009 said:
I recently replaced my keyfob emblem at PML (three weeks ago).

Hi Epong, How much did they charge you?

I can't really remember as I changed my light bulb at the same time.

I do remember it was a few dollars. With my bulb + emblem, it came up to c.$30.

Last edited by a moderator:

folks, i bought replacement stickers from eBay.. costs just $5 or $6 to ship to SIngapore. Just make sure you buy one that has a picture showing the product clearly.

Actually, I only need one sticker. If PML doesn't charge too exorbitant prices, Looking at epong's post it is a few dollars. I think it would probably be easier to let them do it I guess. Would probably save the hassle of checking the size etc and mailing costs plus waiting time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choangclubsbs
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back