BMW to raise price by $6000 across the board

Re: BMW to raise price by $6000 across the board

Sorry to be a wet blanket... but personally support the hike cos BMWs should be priced under the premium category and not to be a car so affordable that any Tom, Dick or Harry can buy. I see too many BMWs on the road nowadays and it has seem to start losing its prestige. even Audis and Lexus base models are more expensive than BMW base models...

ac323;596004 said:
Hi wt_-know,

that's it................

cheers

Then buy a 318 and go for an ECU reflash with BOSS... less a few options but same or better power with about $15k-$20k cheaper =)

Well im already prepared for 60k COE soon. Less COE's means higher price as both the Luxury and budget buyers will be fighting for that piece of paper

snowmanyee;596053 said:
Then buy a 318 and go for an ECU reflash with BOSS... less a few options but same or better power with about $15k-$20k cheaper =)

Good point......

cheers

snowmanyee;596053 said:

Actually the final number will be just shy of it, gotta get intake too .

kik24;596134 said:
Actually the final number will be just shy of it, gotta get intake too .

And exos. :D Always think big twin tips for 4 potter very chio.

ac323;596001 said:
Hi DriveAllDay,

now 320i got i-drive and sun roof right? saw the M-sports variant ( fully kitted plus got sports seats.....)

cheers

Well, $10K drop in OMV implies a $23K drop in cost. Balance against that the $30K increase in COE, the selling price should be +$7K if margins remain constant, and all things being equal.

So the question is whether the i-drive and sun roof are worth the additional $48K...

$48K for i-drive and sunroof .... got 24k gold wrap boh ? :lol:

DriveAllDay;596242 said:
Well, $10K drop in OMV implies a $23K drop in cost. Balance against that the $30K increase in COE, the selling price should be +$7K if margins remain constant, and all things being equal.

So the question is whether the i-drive and sun roof are worth the additional $48K...

Last edited by a moderator:

DriveAllDay;596242 said:

Think they're all M-sport versions now. But yeah I don't think the M-suspension, body kit, and sun roof are worth $48k.

It's just profiteering on PML's part.

Well if you guys notice, OMVs have been dropping for conti's. In SG Audis are the most overpriced.

Last edited by a moderator:

very sians huh...see COE and OMV inverse relationship...wish cars wud be much cheaper in sg...overseas can read abt ppl enjoying 911, relatively new Ferraris and Lambos for much lower prices than ours..

Niva;596374 said:
very sians huh...see COE and OMV inverse relationship...wish cars wud be much cheaper in sg...overseas can read abt ppl enjoying 911, relatively new Ferraris and Lambos for much lower prices than ours..

After I bought my E92 320i from PML (prolly the first ever in SG! :D) I looked around and found that in the UK, for the exact same price.. I could have gotten...

.. A FRIGGIN MASERATI GRAN CABRIO!!

Sheesh.

They should raise the price by 15 K then...
Would there be a need to top up if those who signed in Nov and car delivery next year?

pbear1973;596904 said:
After I bought my E92 320i from PML (prolly the first ever in SG! :D) I looked around and found that in the UK, for the exact same price.. I could have gotten...

Sheesh.

heh heh, I was also reading UK's Top Gear and realised that a e90 320i here, can buy M3, 630, 730, etc, in UK :lol:

C3P0;596924 said:
heh heh, I was also reading UK's Top Gear and realised that a e90 320i here, can buy M3, 630, 730, etc, in UK :lol:

Yeah! Crazy.. from what I understand though is that their insurance is a killer. But the price diff between equivalent cars here and in the UK should be more than enough to make up for it. :screwedu:

pbear1973;596946 said:
Yeah! Crazy.. from what I understand though is that their insurance is a killer. But the price diff between equivalent cars here and in the UK should be more than enough to make up for it. :screwedu:

Their so call ERP system is also a killer vs. Singapore...

pbear1973;596904 said:

Sheesh.

Insurance and carpark will kill in the UK bro, I used to pay 7k pounds for my cooper insurance.

kik24;597100 said:
Insurance and carpark will kill in the UK bro, I used to pay 7k pounds for my cooper insurance.

Yeah I know.. I learnt that from watching Top Gear.. the one where they pretended to be teenagers looking for quotes on their small cars. Average was about 4k pounds for a family car.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uk88menu

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back