BMW X6 - Interior NOISE

IMC

dear all,

just ordered HAMANN Evo bodykit, matt front grill, CF interior panels & new sports steering wheel (flat bottom with CF).
going to lower car as well as spray matt black the OEM 215 rims with new Dunlop tires

with the $ spent, would like to seek fellow X6 drivers' advice on the next 'project" - getting rid of the RATTLING NOISE coming from
(a) Rear Hatch
(b) Front Dashboard

do any of you encountered similar problems too?

for (a), PML has tried to fix but putting in some "cushion-tape" over the perimeter where the plastic covers meet the car body.
however, the rattling noise is still prevalent when driving round car park ramp.
more so, when there is a rear passenger.
can refer to this link posted in other forums:
Noise from rear hatch door plastic covers - XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

for (b), really no idea where the noise comes from the dashboard.
it appears something moves when the car switches direction.

these noise are frustrating and not sure PML can really fix it.
though car is still under PML warranty, wonder any workshop can do the job as PML takes days and appears lukewarm everytime i raised the issue.
furthermore, PML downtime is quite long and i need the car to go to work everyday.

sad that these noises are affecting my enjoyment of the X6!
any advice, pl?

Re: BMW X6 - Interior NOISE

IMC;632493 said:
dear all,

for (a), PML has tried to fix but putting in some "cushion-tape" over the perimeter where the plastic covers meet the car body.
however, the rattling noise is still prevalent when driving round car park ramp.

any advice, pl?

Hi IMC,

this noise you are referring comes from the rear seat leather rubbing against the decorative wood trim when seated.

as for the front dash, mine so far so good, no rattling sound "cross fingers", don't know is it because I'm having leather dash...?

Cheers....

thanks, any suggestion how can we fix up the rear seat noise?

IMC;632493 said:
dear all,

just ordered HAMANN Evo bodykit, matt front grill, CF interior panels & new sports steering wheel (flat bottom with CF).
going to lower car as well as spray matt black the OEM 215 rims with new Dunlop tires

with the $ spent, would like to seek fellow X6 drivers' advice on the next 'project" - getting rid of the RATTLING NOISE coming from
(a) Rear Hatch
(b) Front Dashboard

do any of you encountered similar problems too?

can refer to this link posted in other forums:
Noise from rear hatch door plastic covers - XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

for (b), really no idea where the noise comes from the dashboard.
it appears something moves when the car switches direction.

these noise are frustrating and not sure PML can really fix it.
though car is still under PML warranty, wonder any workshop can do the job as PML takes days and appears lukewarm everytime i raised the issue.
furthermore, PML downtime is quite long and i need the car to go to work everyday.

any advice, pl?

hi bro.. juz bought my car ... could u pls upload sme of yr car pics for me ?? m looking ard for bodykits.. cant really decide on one.. n any other mods u have with yr car?? thkz in advance...

Do you have the 'emergency triangle' mounted on your rear hatch like what the X1 does? If it does, remove the triangle cos it rattles. It happened to my previous 3 series, I removed it and the rattling is gone for good.

I too experience rattling noises from the front dash the speedo part infront of the steering wheel. Especially when my hifi volume is turned up with the bass. But even turning off the audio. My X6 is only 6 months old. And can check with u guys the xenon headlights glass u guys noticed any stains inside? The CSA at PML mentioned its normal to have water condensation inside and the water marks. I'm not inclined to think that way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fc777comph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back