Brembo GT Monoblock 8/4 pot combo for E60

__iceman__

Hi, just wanted to share my experience - last Friday managed to fit my long awaited Brembo kit kindly brought in by Wilman2772.

Original issue. When I got my E60, the first thing I knew I needed was some big rims. However, I was really smitten by the ultra deep dish that only when fitted I realized how small it made my original brakes look!

7a356797.jpg

And then... I painted calipers black. Looked a bit better, but still... the rims are too big!

1afc86bc.jpg

For reference, this is already a 530i, so stock brakes were already 324mm. The stock sizes for 525/523/520 are 310mm, I think.

Shopped around for quite a bit, but still stuck to Brembos as its still the one with very good demand and following, and I like what I see. Decided to go for the following spec:

Brembo GT Monoblock
Front: 8 pot, 380mm
Rear: 4 pot, 345mm

Took about a month to arrive, and when it finally did, was so happy. Wilson was also professional enough to keep me updated on the shipment, and when it boarded the plane, gave me tracking number so I could track! And when I opened up the box, was very pleasantly surprised that the Brembo technician checklist and sign off was dated less than 10 days ago. This was certainly fresh out of the oven!!!

Opened up the box. These are the front. Comes with a solid Brembo aircraft aluminium bracket, Brembo steel braided brake lines (OEM by Goodridge). Packaging a top class.

50898cd2.jpg

Front caliper.

00f935c2.jpg

Look at the thickness of the pads. Yummy.

6e465dcb.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/__iceman__/Project E60/6

Holy crap! Original 324mm vs Brembo 380 mm.

3653dad2.jpg

Installing the bracket first. Shout out to Boss Motorsports. Totally professional job - the guys are skilled, know what they're doing, certainly do have a certain finnesse, the way they went about fitting in the brakes.

ef4ca302.jpg

BEFORE:

d3aa4c81.jpg

AFTER:

76e4bd1e.jpg

Re: Brembo GT Monoblock 8/4 pot combo for E60

Couldn't resist snapping more pics of it before install.

d881fd2a.jpg

This is how my rear brakes looked, when stock standard. Coupled with fierce deep dish, really CMI.

29505e7e.jpg

Rear 4 pot kit fresh from oven.

ebcfe0bd.jpg

Stock rear disc vs Brembo 345mm.

a1c52941.jpg

Wah. I thought red would be eye catching, but I didn't know it had this kind of effect!

18d4a51c.jpg

DONE!!! I simply love these brakes. They were not cheap, but I think worth the money, really. Can't take my eyes off it, somehow the chrome really picks up the red and throws it all over, and it really stands out! And even when running in, I can feel the effectiveness already.

Hope you guys enjoy the pics.

b0b95220.jpg

db6e2f2f.jpg

And.... BEFORE:

1afc86bc.jpg

AFTER:

c0ebd072.jpg

Thanks to Wilman2772 for bringing this in. Upholding every single commitment, very very steady. And logistics, installation arrangement etc all seamless and transparent to the buyer. Thumbs up indeed.

Thanks also to Andre of Boss Motorsport for the install, support and advice - Its the first time I have visited your facilities, I would say I'm really impressed, and you certainly have a very good thing going on there!

No Horse Run............................

Nice.......

cheers

Farking nice pics man!!!

What camera you use man???

'The Great White'

Very nice brake make-over...mind PM me the damage?

I am very amateur in photography lah. Used a D90 with Tamron lens. Tried to give it some effect but not all are nice.

Damage, mine was package deal as I got other stuff from Wilman. Pls PM him and he can quote all inclusive price...

Very Swee! can these fit on a 2009 525?

Only worried about voiding the warranty. Dunno if it will void warranty for whole car or just the brakes? Anybody can advise?

Aboslutely beautiful bro.. Nice!!!
May i know whats the damage??? Thank you

very nice.....looks like it can stop a train

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vt999today