Brembo or Stoptech?

pokpok

Thinking of getting Brembo GT Brakes 14"/13.6" with Slotted Rotors and Ferodo DS3000/2500 brake pads... anyone have any clue if it is a good idea? especially needing to put on 3mm wheel spacers. Or should I get Stoptechs, but they only have 2 pistons for the rear calipers?..sighz... all these car mambo jambo

It is for the E39 M5 which i am going to bring to hockenheim... so need some performance yet street usable compromises.

oh and one thing... maserati cars are crap! hahahahaha!!!!! the italians do make junk! \\ok it is late into the night for me... going mad!!!!

Re: Brembo or Stoptech?

StopTech ST-40 BBKs are 4 pistons all round....355mm rotors sizes max using Axxis Ultimate brake pads.

Go with StopTech, I swear u will love em.

Also if u do get the ST bbks, get a set of front brake pads called Performance Friction PFC01. They are race pads....A truly superb brake pads that is also used in M3 GTR.

Hey do you know if the stop tech 4 piston caliper will clear the 2001 m5's rear OEM wheels? the PFC 01 pads... how do they work when cold? the MOT is 2000 degrees.. race pads... but might not fit me for street use ... any comments? thanks.

pokpok said:
Hey do you know if the stop tech 4 piston caliper will clear the 2001 m5's rear OEM wheels? the PFC 01 pads... how do they work when cold? the MOT is 2000 degrees.. race pads... but might not fit me for street use ... any comments? thanks.

I doubt the ST calipers can clear the Front E39 M5's rims...Likely u need a pair of spacers, max 10mm

PFC01 doesnt work when cold...hence it's called race pads and u only put em on when u r goin for a track session and u need to remove em once u r back to street driving. Sounds like a hassle but it's worth it...Been there done that... :cloud9:
There is a simple procedure to follow up too when u change back to street pads n vice versa...mostly in relevance to preserving the disc rotors.

FYI, PFC01 is Race/Track ready :) and u just need to change the Front set only.

For fast street driving/auto cross.....Axxis Ultimate is the recommended standard pads used for ST calipers

Have a visit at
www.zeckhausen.com

Good info there...

Gd luck

Where can I get the PFC01 pads?

Forgot to weigh mine but managed to lift the calipers n rotors and I would think as a set, it shaves off at least 1.5-2kg per corner.....cud be even more..

Anyway, I think my car cud accelerate faster after install, all else remains unchanged.

Just FYI last time (1-2 months back) I spoke to Dave Zecheusen he wasn't really willing to ship the BBK to Singapore. I think some of the local importers complained to Stoptech.

He told me that too, quoting Vassauto being the SG local dist.
ST is exercising protectionism.....

Yeah I called Vassauto and they refered me to Juzz4Cars. I was quoted $3.8 for just the front. Heck... Actually, I'm really wondering how heavy the ST calipers are. I went to see this brand called TWR racing http://www.twrracing.com/ and they were really light!

jaskin said:
Yeah I called Vassauto and they refered me to Juzz4Cars. I was quoted $3.8 for just the front. Heck... Actually, I'm really wondering how heavy the ST calipers are. I went to see this brand called TWR racing http://www.twrracing.com/ and they were really light!

Bro,

Stoptech ST-40 4pot caliper is 3.6kg & the ST-22 2pot caliper is 2kg.

Let me know if you want the Stoptech ST-40 4pot 332x32mm front BBK yah!!

Here are some pics of my Stoptech BBK...

Front is 332x32mm slotted rotors with ST-40 4pot calipers
P1030009.JPG

Rear is 328x22mm slotted rotors with ST-22 2pot calipers
P1030010.JPG

P1030017.JPG

:cloud9:

'The Great White'

Hey Wilson,

Good stuff man. I'm very keen but not at the present moment! I think that's definately alot lighter than my previous BBK right?

Cheers
Jason

Wilson, how does the weight of the Stoptech ST-40 4pot or ST-22 2pot caliper compares to the stock ones?

jaskin said:
Hey Wilson,

Good stuff man. I'm very keen but not at the present moment! I think that's definately alot lighter than my previous BBK right?

Cheers
Jason

Yup, UUC's are heavier espescially the rotors.

Stoptech's 332mm Racing AeroRotors are 2pc wer UUC's 330mm rotors are 1pc cast...

Let me know when U're READY yah!!

:twisted:

'The Great White'

cab_driver said:
Wilson, how does the weight of the Stoptech ST-40 4pot or ST-22 2pot caliper compares to the stock ones?

Didn't get a chance to weigh the diff....stock calipers are much smaller when u compare front stock calipers with Stoptech's ST-40 front 4pot calipers...

The rear ST-22 should be lighter than stock caliper....still ST-22 is much bigger than the stock ones...

Cheers

'The Great White'

danielO said:
So how does Brembo, Stoptech and UUC compare to each other?

Hahahaha, I knew U will be here!

Can't tell you now cos I'm still bedding in the Stoptechs!

UUC BBK are fantastic when I had them, 4pot front & rear!!

U'll know soon cos your setup is 355x32mm front & 328x28mm rear....slurp....

Hope to get hold of 'Ah Hock' this Sat....

:lol2:

'The Great White'

Wil
Congrats on the new set up...Welcome to the world of Stop Tech haha..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubmobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back