Business Opps?

Re: Business Opps?

a) Put 40% into Real Estate yield 4% abt $80,000 (low risk)
b) Put 20% into Bonds/Debts yield 2.5% abt $25,000 (low risk)
c) Put 10% into Asia Equity yield 8% abt $40,000 (medium risk)
d) Put 5% into BRIC yield 10% abt $25,000 (high risk)
e) Put 5% into Resources Fund yield abt 6% $15000 (high risk)
f) Put 20% into Fixed D yield abt 1% at $10,000 (low risk)

* a+b+c+d+e+f = $195,000. ~ $200,000. divide 12mths = $16,500 per month

Quite safe for ur friend i guess and rewarding too with some degree of diversification.
Tats wat i will do if i have 5million at Retirement Age :drool: :drool: :drool: . No stocks.

:dance:
(juz my 2cents)

take 1MM do a universal life, payout 3MM when he dies, family accounted for.

take 3 MM to do 3 supranational and sovereign bonds of different maturity period, ensuring steady cash flow

Do carry trade. pledge the bonds, borrow USD, buy more bonds.

Left 1MM , tatical play when there are opportunities.

dcs2k;500224 said:
take 1MM do a universal life, payout 3MM when he dies, family accounted for.

take 3 MM to do 3 supranational and sovereign bonds of different maturity period, ensuring steady cash flow

Do carry trade. pledge the bonds, borrow USD, buy more bonds.

Left 1MM , tatical play when there are opportunities.

Daniel, spoken like a true professional., definitely GOLD standard ;)

Ask your friend to consider monthly distributing US/Eur/Asian HY bond funds with attractive levels of dividend payouts from the income stream received (not capital). dividend yields were in the teens early in the year but that has now fallen to about 7%.

IIRC, Asian HY bond index has returned 74% (as at end Oct09), Eur HY 72% (as at end Oct 09)

fidelity european high yield FTW!

anything also good to do la, just dun dabble in fx lol especially yen crosses

ClemZ;500492 said:
Daniel, spoken like a true professional., definitely GOLD standard ;)

Ask your friend to consider monthly distributing US/Eur/Asian HY bond funds with attractive levels of dividend payouts from the income stream received (not capital). dividend yields were in the teens early in the year but that has now fallen to about 7%.

IIRC, Asian HY bond index has returned 74% (as at end Oct09), Eur HY 72% (as at end Oct 09)

This sounds interesting, just want to share my view of prediction on the future.
No matter what u invest, just as long as you don't invest US/Europe, You should be pretty safe.
I foresee the shift of Economics Power from the West to East.
The more the US/Europe Pump to save their Economics the Worst they will suffer. The Gold is Flowing Asia!!

iScoupe;489109 said:
yes, tat is one good one.
I heard one, cannot confirm.
Deposit $100,000 with cheng wu & grap a legal money lender licence.
Can give up to 4% interest per mth. Employ pple who release from prison to collect the debt for you. Yellow ribbon job. You can loan bankrupt pple up to $4,999 but anything above $5K will lose ur licence. So if u can loan out $250,000 to pple who need money & rejected by banks... ho say 4% is $10,000 per mth... but Lender run ? hmmm up the lorry..

illegal loanshark too risky.. u need good runner or ur ka kia must drive fast car.. but pls employ Nanyang fine art student to paint door.. more class

iScoupe,

How about we share share start this biz?

wow, so many experience and age 25 only ?

anguswholesale;527503 said:
then retire like me at the age of 25.

The prob with most pple is not money. money is no problem, the problem is no money.

lol. to be serious the point i want to make is that no matter how much you have you will not feel secure if there is no means of passive income. Also, capital preservation is the key concern.

To me, 90% of the Singaporeans are really poor - having no liquid cash on hand, let alone enough for investments. If you know what I'm taking abt, there are just a few "accredited investors" of local nationality. There are tonnes of private traders doing anywhere from 20 to 80% per annum after fees for individuals of 10mio liquid and above. These traders are not open to peanuts investors if you have 300 to 400k. How do i know? i used to manage for a guy of such worth

If you are a young guy of around my age, pls do not send me PM asking me to coach you. There is no short cut to success in this world – even if you are a money lender,etc. Heard abt the 10,000hr rule? I started at 16 and till then I clocked my hours. I had my share of trauma esp when the equities crashed jus before my “A” levels examinations due to 9/11. LOL

Passion is the key. Ask your fren to think abt his core competencies and his interest. that he will be happy and shine in his new endeavour. For me I used to eat, sleep and drink market since the age of 16yrs. That is were I clocked my hours. I stopped. Money and material wealth is not everything in life.

The key is PATIENCE. The winners are the ones who wait and the last thing to do is to be hard up. Back to march 2009 remember those days where everyone’s bonuses got cut and jobs were at risk, there were many loading up on equities and such, not to elaborate. I was fortunate enough to have my share of bargain in the market distress. It was GSS for me in
AIG, citbank, etc. This kind of crash comes every 80yrs.

For me, I used to enjoy watches - not wearing them, rather, buying and selling them. Why the weird passion? I do not know, I jus enjoy the process of watching money grow, for me I’m into private selling/trading of watches now. It’s a money relaxing job. The only drawback is the capital needed (so you need liquid $$) For me I’m into higher value watches of value 100 to 150k usd so for me to sell one watch is abt 15 to 20k usd. Also, I may take jus sell 1 watch in a month and it can be really slow. So I depend on my own managed funds which pay abt 180k yearly.

Is it easy? Yes, If I’m passionate abt the trades and deal with the right people. Being a low maintenance person that amt of money is too much for me. Most of the $$ goes to my family members. Rest of the time do I play a 72hole golf?? LOL how can I play golf when I can’t even tie a neck tie? I might be better off being a caddy. I spend my time teaching and helping the under privileged.

I know of a few individuals doing the same thing as me. My uncle is a retired pilot and he bought a 300k 2nd helicopter and he conducts lessons on a chopper in Malaysia. I do not know the exact details as he is my distant relatives. There 101 ways to do things if you have the passion.

Managing expectations is also important. I made impressive income trading private individual wealth formerly. I had my days dreaming of owning super cars and luxury marques which explains why I am formerly in this forum. As much of my income is overseas I rent many cars from distressed owners looking for short term takeover and there are quite a few in this forum (don’t worry I have forgotten you all). After sometime, I start to realize that I can own many things and still few empty. We are like hamsters – always living up to other people’s expectations. Becareful of becoming so rich until you are left with nothing but money. A successful man not wealth, he has health and family too. For me, the last luxury car I had driven was a 2006 330ci 2 years ago. I have upgraded now – morning is always a 44seater 10litre Mercedes Benz outside my house.

Leaving a simple lifestyle helps and it makes one happier too. You may have a 500k income yearly. But you are a nobody in Wallstreet. On the other hand, you might have be drawing a 20k yearly salary but you are a blessed man in Danang in Vietnam, if you know what I’m talking abt. It’s jus like dating a Singaporean women, they want LV and rolex v…LOL and guess what I can have 20 gf in other countries, more pretty and gentle. You will understand what I mean if you have bummed around much in korea, japan, china and Taiwan. If not very hard to get girls buy meals for you if you have more than charisma. Often than not, I feel that man depend too much on $$.

These are controversial example. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION AND YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SUBSCRIBE TO IT. Still, its good to be abnormal (but not subnormal) and you will not be mainstream.

Just a word of suggestion. Notice that its not explicitly an advise. Starting a physical business with overheads might not be palatable for a man above 40s – you have a family and you cannot afford to fail. Let “professional” managers manage your wealth guarantees them of better year end and ironically “performance” bonuses. – Many of them are renumerated based on bring in funds and not interested in the fund performing for you. For me, my funds are managed by private traders. These pple manage nobody but my funds which explains the stability. Also, I have property so should the value of every investment go to zero, I can pack shop and go to Malaysia and eat nasi lemak with my gf.

These are my 2cents. Pls do not ask me for any tips for investment. Thank you

AC

Wow..80% return per annum...can I park 1 million and by the end of next Mar I will have 1.8 m??

Temasek is grossly underperform by his std and should hire him and his traders to manage the 100B sovereign fund...

Someone got to inform Ms Ho asap

Last edited by a moderator:

anguswholesale;527503 said:
then retire like me at the age of 25.

The prob with most pple is not money. money is no problem, the problem is no money.

lol. to be serious the point i want to make is that no matter how much you have you will not feel secure if there is no means of passive income. Also, capital preservation is the key concern.

To me, 90% of the Singaporeans are really poor - having no liquid cash on hand, let alone enough for investments. If you know what I'm taking abt, there are just a few "accredited investors" of local nationality. There are tonnes of private traders doing anywhere from 20 to 80% per annum after fees for individuals of 10mio liquid and above. These traders are not open to peanuts investors if you have 300 to 400k. How do i know? i used to manage for a guy of such worth

If you are a young guy of around my age, pls do not send me PM asking me to coach you. There is no short cut to success in this world – even if you are a money lender,etc. Heard abt the 10,000hr rule? I started at 16 and till then I clocked my hours. I had my share of trauma esp when the equities crashed jus before my “A” levels examinations due to 9/11. LOL

Passion is the key. Ask your fren to think abt his core competencies and his interest. that he will be happy and shine in his new endeavour. For me I used to eat, sleep and drink market since the age of 16yrs. That is were I clocked my hours. I stopped. Money and material wealth is not everything in life.

The key is PATIENCE. The winners are the ones who wait and the last thing to do is to be hard up. Back to march 2009 remember those days where everyone’s bonuses got cut and jobs were at risk, there were many loading up on equities and such, not to elaborate. I was fortunate enough to have my share of bargain in the market distress. It was GSS for me in
AIG, citbank, etc. This kind of crash comes every 80yrs.

For me, I used to enjoy watches - not wearing them, rather, buying and selling them. Why the weird passion? I do not know, I jus enjoy the process of watching money grow, for me I’m into private selling/trading of watches now. It’s a money relaxing job. The only drawback is the capital needed (so you need liquid $$) For me I’m into higher value watches of value 100 to 150k usd so for me to sell one watch is abt 15 to 20k usd. Also, I may take jus sell 1 watch in a month and it can be really slow. So I depend on my own managed funds which pay abt 180k yearly.

Is it easy? Yes, If I’m passionate abt the trades and deal with the right people. Being a low maintenance person that amt of money is too much for me. Most of the $$ goes to my family members. Rest of the time do I play a 72hole golf?? LOL how can I play golf when I can’t even tie a neck tie? I might be better off being a caddy. I spend my time teaching and helping the under privileged.

I know of a few individuals doing the same thing as me. My uncle is a retired pilot and he bought a 300k 2nd helicopter and he conducts lessons on a chopper in Malaysia. I do not know the exact details as he is my distant relatives. There 101 ways to do things if you have the passion.

Managing expectations is also important. I made impressive income trading private individual wealth formerly. I had my days dreaming of owning super cars and luxury marques which explains why I am formerly in this forum. As much of my income is overseas I rent many cars from distressed owners looking for short term takeover and there are quite a few in this forum (don’t worry I have forgotten you all). After sometime, I start to realize that I can own many things and still few empty. We are like hamsters – always living up to other people’s expectations. Becareful of becoming so rich until you are left with nothing but money. A successful man not wealth, he has health and family too. For me, the last luxury car I had driven was a 2006 330ci 2 years ago. I have upgraded now – morning is always a 44seater 10litre Mercedes Benz outside my house.

Leaving a simple lifestyle helps and it makes one happier too. You may have a 500k income yearly. But you are a nobody in Wallstreet. On the other hand, you might have be drawing a 20k yearly salary but you are a blessed man in Danang in Vietnam, if you know what I’m talking abt. It’s jus like dating a Singaporean women, they want LV and rolex v…LOL and guess what I can have 20 gf in other countries, more pretty and gentle. You will understand what I mean if you have bummed around much in korea, japan, china and Taiwan. If not very hard to get girls buy meals for you if you have more than charisma. Often than not, I feel that man depend too much on $$.

These are controversial example. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION AND YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SUBSCRIBE TO IT. Still, its good to be abnormal (but not subnormal) and you will not be mainstream.

Just a word of suggestion. Notice that its not explicitly an advise. Starting a physical business with overheads might not be palatable for a man above 40s – you have a family and you cannot afford to fail. Let “professional” managers manage your wealth guarantees them of better year end and ironically “performance” bonuses. – Many of them are renumerated based on bring in funds and not interested in the fund performing for you. For me, my funds are managed by private traders. These pple manage nobody but my funds which explains the stability. Also, I have property so should the value of every investment go to zero, I can pack shop and go to Malaysia and eat nasi lemak with my gf.

These are my 2cents. Pls do not ask me for any tips for investment. Thank you

AC

one day when i grow up..i wanna be like u ...

Terry;527526 said:
You will never grow up, i mean you wil not grow any taller..:laughlik:

totoseow;489049 said:
n the above is an ultra conservative proposal.

with 5 mio i will generate for u 8% returns conservatively...thats 400k a year...

dun waste time with running biz.defeats the whole point of taking it easy...

buying property is an aggressive trade...u r risking all for capital gains with low yield and even -ver carry in most situations now..

eric3417;494169 said:
a) Put 40% into Real Estate yield 4% abt $80,000 (low risk)
b) Put 20% into Bonds/Debts yield 2.5% abt $25,000 (low risk)
c) Put 10% into Asia Equity yield 8% abt $40,000 (medium risk)
d) Put 5% into BRIC yield 10% abt $25,000 (high risk)
e) Put 5% into Resources Fund yield abt 6% $15000 (high risk)
f) Put 20% into Fixed D yield abt 1% at $10,000 (low risk)

* a+b+c+d+e+f = $195,000. ~ $200,000. divide 12mths = $16,500 per month

Quite safe for ur friend i guess and rewarding too with some degree of diversification.
Tats wat i will do if i have 5million at Retirement Age :drool: :drool: :drool: . No stocks.

:dance:
(juz my 2cents)

Toto seems to have a better deal......................... :shakemyb::shakemyb:
abt 33k per mth............. hmmmmmmm (no wonder he drives lambo)............ hehehehehe

zorro;527518 said:
Wow..80% return per annum...can I park 1 million and by the end of next Mar I will have 1.8 m??

Temasek is grossly underperform by his std and should hire him and his traders to manage the 100B sovereign fund...

large fund = lack of liquidity + watchful eyes = under performance = loss of money = narrow constrained mindsets

why do 100B and make 0.1% to 2 % and suffere a 40% DD during a crisis a year and not 1 - 3mio and make 20 to 80% a year?

Temasek holdings and investors are not welcome - external funding are not necessary.

zorro;527518 said:

not interested

80% return in a good year is believable but consistently achieving that is quite remarkable...I have fair share in futures trading myself and my richest friends are all traders and one is now managing a group of 16 traders..changing cars like people changing tyyres.

Brilliant ones could be stifled by the layers of reporting and rules. They could also be spending time wrongly writing reports, attending meetings and presentations. That could explain why many individuals perform far better than them.

BTW some big player(s) offloaded 1m DBS shares at the last minute on Friday at a "loss". Could that be an ominous sign for DBS or even the local market for the coming week?

Terry;527526 said:

for what?? you lead your own life and be happy abt it. LOL the most sad things is to live up to other people's expectations. I take SBS bus and carry a broken non smart phone to overseas everyweek and I'm absolutely happy abt it.

I respect you if you are happy and contented with life., not bec if you are rich.

I think my neighbour is a korean shipping tycoon or something like that as i saw him being featured in the a koran newspaper. IS he happy? you see for yourself.

He is a pot bellied uncle that works 6.5 days a week and has different kinds or women (including his wife) coming to bother him every now and there. Everyday, there is always people quarreling in his house.

I will never be as anywhere as rich as him. Yet willi aspire to be like him??

zorro;527542 said:
80% return in a good year is believable but consistently achieving that is quite remarkable...I have fair share in futures trading myself and my richest friends are all traders and one is now managing a group of 16 traders..changing cars like people changing tyyres.

so are you profitable? if you are then you need no external funding. you/ you train your own pple to manage your own $$. there are 101 ways to make $$ in this world. 99.99% of the people think its money make money. Skills are important

When you make some $$ then diversify into physical holdings. $0.20 as least that is my thoughts for now

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back