Buying 2nd hand BMW

Re: Buying 2nd hand BMW

Algino;928584 said:
If 5 series go for f10 520 cos e60 520 really far too under power liao ... Just like ppl always said like driving a big potato on the road ... No offence to those bro driving e60 520 : p

dont spoil market leh brother.:stfu: eitherways if the user wants to have the BMW experience as a whole this can be a cheaper alternative as compared to the f10 what.

Hi folks!

First post in BMW forum and really looking forward to be an owner. Have been scouring around and have decided on a E60 523i pre-LCI, preferred late 2005 or early 2006 model.

Questions;
1. Went with a friend of mine and we saw a late 2005 model and they claimed its engine was overhauled before. We took a light and tried to verify the area searching for any good or bad signs. We saw that the area around the gasket line was clean and also appears to have a new orangy gasket. The other side of the engine appears to be quite clean too. Is this what they call Top Engine Overhaul? Is it good enough. Mileage is pretty high in the mid 100+.

2. The dealer also claimed that the gearbox was fixed before and when I test drove the car, it did feel smooth and no jerkiness when coming to a slow stop. How should I verify this? I presume butt feel should be good enough?

3. Gearknob looks jaded. How much does it cost to change? Maybe back to the original one or probably M5 ones? Any indicative pricing?

Overall, the car looks alright and drives fine. Is there anything notable that I should take note of. I plan to send the car to a workshop to do a thorough check but before I do that, I was wondering what I should be looking out for.

Thanks in advance for your patience in reading this and hope someone can offer some advice!

Buying 2nd hand BMW

Should I start a new thread or hijack this if I wanna let go my few mths old F10? :)

Got COI Bo nowadays?
Ha ha ha

aceivan;928728 said:
Should I start a new thread or hijack this if I wanna let go my few mths old F10? :)

Got COI Bo nowadays?
Ha ha ha

Can pm me more details of ur F10 & the price?? thanks..

Fluidspin;928699 said:
Hi folks!

First post in BMW forum and really looking forward to be an owner. Have been scouring around and have decided on a E60 523i pre-LCI, preferred late 2005 or early 2006 model.

Questions;
1. Went with a friend of mine and we saw a late 2005 model and they claimed its engine was overhauled before. We took a light and tried to verify the area searching for any good or bad signs. We saw that the area around the gasket line was clean and also appears to have a new orangy gasket. The other side of the engine appears to be quite clean too. Is this what they call Top Engine Overhaul? Is it good enough. Mileage is pretty high in the mid 100+.

2. The dealer also claimed that the gearbox was fixed before and when I test drove the car, it did feel smooth and no jerkiness when coming to a slow stop. How should I verify this? I presume butt feel should be good enough?

3. Gearknob looks jaded. How much does it cost to change? Maybe back to the original one or probably M5 ones? Any indicative pricing?

Overall, the car looks alright and drives fine. Is there anything notable that I should take note of. I plan to send the car to a workshop to do a thorough check but before I do that, I was wondering what I should be looking out for.

Thanks in advance for your patience in reading this and hope someone can offer some advice!

What price are you being quoted now?

Fluidspin;928699 said:
Hi folks!

Questions;

2005 Sep 523i in blue with black interior, M sports kit & 19" rims u interested?

Victor

Last edited by a moderator:

motoxxx55;928882 said:
2005 Sep 523i in blue with black interior, M sports kit & 19" rims u interested?

Victor

Let me think about it and contact you if things move along nicely. Maybe you can pm me more details such as mileage etc.

Anyone got experience buying used BM from Performance Premium Select?

I see their prices are mostly higher than market, the sales people there also quite arrogant type as I encounter.

Are they easy to bargain or stiff on price ?

TUV2008;937310 said:

I see their prices are mostly higher than market, the sales people there also quite arrogant type as I encounter.

Prices can bargain one.. is see how you talk only

TUV2008;937310 said:

Price higher probably due to warranty???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Thank you guys...

I recently met one sales there to look at a 523i. I told the sales their price not very attractive considering the new car now with high overtrade, instead of sweet talk me, that sales person tells me off if like that why not I go and buy the new one??!!

I am seriousy interested with one of the 523i they have, but I don't want to go back to this sales as this person is to yaya, anyone here got better sales guy there to recommend can bargain a deal?

TUV2008;937335 said:
Thank you guys...

I recently met one sales there to look at a 523i. I told the sales their price not very attractive considering the new car now with high overtrade, instead of sweet talk me, that sales person tells me off if like that why not I go and buy the new one??!!

I am seriousy interested with one of the 523i they have, but I don't want to go back to this sales as this person is to yaya, anyone here got better sales guy there to recommend can bargain a deal?

Bro, pm me. I have a friend who works there.

Hi TUV2008,
Call Premium Select, Kg Arang, to make appt with Daniel MOK (more than one Daniel there).
Had pleasant experience with his service when I test drove a car there. Friendly & informative.
Though didn't purchase any car from him, he still sent updates on models that I asked for. Hope you'll find the car u lookin for.

Thank you for all the help of the forum member here...

I have already gone down to Kg Arang once and met one sales person. If I now go and make another appointment with a different person to see the same car, is that OK?...

I feel quite a bit of uncomfortable... but honestly if not because the last sales person pissed me off, I will like to test drive that 5 series and offer them a price if everything is right.

TUV2008;937465 said:
Thank you for all the help of the forum member here...

I have already gone down to Kg Arang once and met one sales person. If I now go and make another appointment with a different person to see the same car, is that OK?...

I feel quite a bit of uncomfortable... but honestly if not because the last sales person pissed me off, I will like to test drive that 5 series and offer them a price if everything is right.

Of cos it's ok. Customer is always right. I did that once with Premium Automobile and complained all the way to the Top mgmt just to get a change in sales person.
You are spending the money so you should decide.

Don't need to be uncomfortable. Just walk in find another SE or look for those that was recommended. I did that for my previous ride. Talk to afew SE and chose the one with the best offer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenclubxyz
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back