Buying a 2nd Hand 3 Series

Re: Buying a 2nd Hand 3 Series

if those are the comments/criticism, i wouldnt lose sleep over it. some ppl like to beat up others to make themselves feel good. just enjoy ur car. get some nice light weight rims, u will enjoy it more. get the M steering too n u wont regret...:twisted::twisted::twisted:

Agreed with longhorn.

V6,
It's like a girl saving up and getting herself a 0.5carat solitate.
But she go diamond forum, people say 0.5 too small, waste of money, want to buy must get at least 1.0 carat.
No end to all this.
一山还有一山高. If the person so ya ya ask him or her buy space shuttle. Can go moon, best.

HAHAHAH THANKS to all your reply. appreciate it. ok, first i try to blast my car to max, then try what you guys have propose. Oh yah, not forgeting to mit up when my time slots are avalible during the various mitups u guys organise hhehehe

hey guys,

im looking to buy an 05/06 year e90 320i, got a few questions to ask.

1. is it possible for someone to swap the meter or adjust the meter to show different mileage?

2. is it true that once you got the car, you should send it in for service? what's the usual thing to change and whats the approximate damage?

cheers!

gooiee;525993 said:
slightlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better horsepower for XL

i don't agreed. all E90 320i and 320i XL had the same bhp and engine spec. its better in the car option comparing 320iXl to a normal 320i. e.g. xenon with welcome package, more interior lighting (below the dashboard of driver and passenger side), lighting on all 4 door handle, etc. different badges of XL had different option package. it may be vary. but the engine and spec it all the same.

viper0419;543305 said:
hey guys,

im looking to buy an 05/06 year e90 320i, got a few questions to ask.

1. is it possible for someone to swap the meter or adjust the meter to show different mileage?

2. is it true that once you got the car, you should send it in for service? what's the usual thing to change and whats the approximate damage?

cheers!
Dear Viper0419,

according to my friends in the car line, there is a meter gauge that can test if a car's odometer is tampered with. But sorry, i cannot find the name of the meter anymore. Maybe you can find the web for this. Hope my 2cents help..

V6ENGINE;543363 said:
Dear Viper0419,

according to my friends in the car line, there is a meter gauge that can test if a car's odometer is tampered with. But sorry, i cannot find the name of the meter anymore. Maybe you can find the web for this. Hope my 2cents help..

Hi V6Engine,

Thanks for the advise.
I'm planning to go ahead to buy an e90 anyways.
hope i don't get a lemon.

Anyway, got 2 questions to ask.

1. Can recommend a workshop to do my 1st servicing? What to change and approximate damage?

2. Any recommendation on Paint Protection System as well? I will be driving into Malaysia a fair bit and I guess investing on a PPS will go along way..:D

Hi Viper0419,

I'm also in looking out for an E90 320i... how's your hunt? I'm taking it slowly though... hehe...

viper0419;543457 said:
Hi V6Engine,

Thanks for the advise.
I'm planning to go ahead to buy an e90 anyways.
hope i don't get a lemon.

Anyway, got 2 questions to ask.

1. Can recommend a workshop to do my 1st servicing? What to change and approximate damage?

2. Any recommendation on Paint Protection System as well? I will be driving into Malaysia a fair bit and I guess investing on a PPS will go along way..:D

joey2003;548294 said:
Hi Viper0419,

I'm also in looking out for an E90 320i... how's your hunt? I'm taking it slowly though... hehe...

hi joey,

i got mine already. :)

the mileage is very low for a 4 year old car and the first thing i did was to send it to a workshop to change all the necessary wear and tear stuffs to solve/prevent oil leak.
the car is doing very well now and im enjoying every moment of it.
a tip perhaps for you is to send the car to PML for inspection before you commit. It cost less than $120 but will give you a peace of mind as they not only ascertain if the car has any major accident or not but also if the car is in good health. this is something i don't think standard inspection can pick up well on.8)

hope you will find your dream car soon.

cheers!

Congrats on your ride bro!! :D

thanks for the information on the sending to PML for inspection before committing too...

so is it true that the price for 2nd hand 3 series also went up abit after the recent hike in COE price?

so you got a 2006 3 series? niceee... :D

I am also thinking of looking at PML Pre-owned BMWs... they're generally more expensive right?

Joseph

viper0419;548418 said:
hi joey,

i got mine already. :)

the mileage is very low for a 4 year old car and the first thing i did was to send it to a workshop to change all the necessary wear and tear stuffs to solve/prevent oil leak.
the car is doing very well now and im enjoying every moment of it.
a tip perhaps for you is to send the car to PML for inspection before you commit. It cost less than $120 but will give you a peace of mind as they not only ascertain if the car has any major accident or not but also if the car is in good health. this is something i don't think standard inspection can pick up well on.8)

hope you will find your dream car soon.

cheers!

Hi,

I am looking for PRE-OWNED 320 BMW (from 2005 till 2008 ) can anyone recommand what is the difference of the model in the year i should look out for and what's the correct price.

Thanks

Ster,
Performance Premium Selection in Kampong Arang is having open house, why dun u go take a look, and there is a chance that the 2005 or 2008 model u were looking for are there.

Went for it last weekend.. They follow the new cars method - need to pay 10% deposit etc.. And maybe the saleperson i got is NEW.. Was quite disappointed as they din really make an effort to "tidy" the loose ends of the car first before putting in showroom for sale, not to much power to the $$$.. Everything also must go back and ask the manager, then it went to the extreme that if you want them to offer u BEST price - it went to a extreme of making you commit on paper that you will commit to the CAR once the price is right then will go and ask the manager for the FINAL PRICE..

Oh i see.
The only reason to get from PPS is that their cars go thru the 72 point check and is offered an extended 1 year warranty from the day of ur purchase.
So even if u suay suay bought a lemon, at least can bang table n scream at them.

Their hard push sales tactic is common, and may also be prevailent amongst other used car dealers.
So ignore them.

Good luck in your search.

Oh i see.
The only reason to get from PPS is that their cars go thru the 72 point check and is offered an extended 1 year warranty from the day of ur purchase.
So even if u suay suay bought a lemon, at least can bang table n scream at them.

Their hard push sales tactic is common, and is also common practice amongst other used car dealers.
just ignore them.

The diff between 2005 n 2008 models can be found here:

BMW 3 Series (E90)

Good luck in your search.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi All,

Am looking at this 2nd hand i320, 2005-2006 model.
Are the 2nd hand car dealer best place to search ?
Was at Hua Yang to check out this model, they offering 75K++ for yr 2006 model with servicing done by comfort delgo and offer a 2yr warrenty, is this a good buy ?
pls advise.

i sold my 07 320i to dealer for $83k last september...so ur $75k for 05 sounds ex?

is a june 2006 model, urs sold at 83k for sept 2007.tat's abt 7.2k for 1yr++ diff...so is exp this way?
Can you share how's the FC/handling/pros and cons of this model ?
How's your overall experience?
Sorry am totally newbie here.

i bought my Feb '06 320i at Seng Hup Auto (West Coast Car Mart) for 70+k. They have a good selection of BMWs especially 3 and 5 series and you can go and take a look.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slotgacor88507

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back