lorddraco;564087 said:
Just sign on the dotted line for a 2007 320i XL

Congrats....

enjoy
cheers

Re: Buying a 2nd Hand 3 Series

Blurtoad;562460 said:
Hi All,

Am looking at this 2nd hand i320, 2005-2006 model.
Are the 2nd hand car dealer best place to search ?
Was at Hua Yang to check out this model, they offering 75K++ for yr 2006 model with servicing done by comfort delgo and offer a 2yr warrenty, is this a good buy ?
pls advise.

If gearbox fails within the 2 years warranty period, then $75k is a good buy, else it is expensive.

lorddraco;564156 said:
what is the next thing to do after I buy my pre-owned 2007 BMW 320i XL?

Enjoy it......alarm signals will appear when services is due or required...

Lorddraco, where did you get your ride from? Enjoy it for the next few days and see if there's any issues.

320i, mine says 24,000km to next service... Think thats rubbish :p

Just got it from Presto.. now processing paperwork. Hope to drive it fuss free for at least next 2 to 3 years.

detach8;564195 said:
Lorddraco, where did you get your ride from? Enjoy it for the next few days and see if there's any issues.

320i, mine says 24,000km to next service... Think thats rubbish :p

Original setting is 25000km, this means that the car was serviced 1000km ago. I got mine reprogram to the lowest PML can go to 14000km and I change oil every 10000km. If yours still under warranty, go to PML and request to reprogram to the 10000km.

can i ask pml to reprogram my service to every 24k/25k so that i can service more often outside.
i service every 7k-8k. some reckon that the engine oil start to break at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

wt_know;564228 said:
can i ask pml to reprogram my service to every 24k/25k so that i can service more often outside.
i service every 7k-8k. some reckon that the engine oil start to break at this point.

PML reprogrammed to lower foc because they know the 25k is causing them lots of warranty claims. Your LCI comes with 12.5k and they will charge you for the programming.

BTW how much you pay for each service without having to reset the service counter and where?

Thinking of getting a July 2006 320iA
Mileage is about 40,000km
Condition looks good though
Dealer asking abt 73k plus
Maybe some opinions from you guys
Cheers:

cableguy55;564246 said:
Thinking of getting a July 2006 320iA
Mileage is about 40,000km
Condition looks good though
Dealer asking abt 73k plus
Maybe some opinions from you guys
Cheers:
Mileage sounds low for 4 year old car, which is good.
Of course some wear and tear is inevitable.
Also depends on how well the owner takes care of the car.
Sometimes it all depends on luck.

is XL and normal 320 different only on theri trims and xenon lights? no engine, drive train different? heard someone said the XL is 4WD? or 4WD is the Xdrive?

Xdrive and XL not the same thing, am i corrent?

XL = xenon lights
xDrive = 4-wheel-drive

there are totally 2 different things. i have not seen a 3-series xDrive in singapore though.

the is no engine differences between 320 (standard) vs 320XL.
the main differences are xenon light, moveable driver's armrest, automatic vs manual aircon, foldeable rear seat, dakota vs synthetic leather etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

wt_know;568936 said:
XL = xenon lights
xDrive = 4-wheel-drive

there are totally 2 different things. i have not seen a 3-series xDrive in singapore though.

the is no engine differences between 320 (standard) vs 320XL.
the main differences are xenon light, moveable driver's armrest, automatic vs manual aircon, foldeable rear seat, dakota vs synthetic leather etc.

Thanx bro.....

Am looking at a 2004 E46 320i with mileage of 155k from a dealer, is the next major service due at 160k? Previous owner services the car at BVO maybe I should call them to check on the condition of the car?

Nutzz;578747 said:
Am looking at a 2004 E46 320i with mileage of 155k from a dealer, is the next major service due at 160k? Previous owner services the car at BVO maybe I should call them to check on the condition of the car?

Hi Nutzz,

yes, give BVO a call will be the best........

cheers

Hey guys, is anyone here looking for a March 2008 320i BMW (silver)? I am letting go mine due to extended overseas posting. Absolutely tip top condition and mileage done only 47.9km. Road tax paid till 25 March 2011. It is good as new and honestly quite reluctant to part with it. :p

If interested can contact my family (I'm not in sg at the moment) at 90595524.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubet77tools
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back