Buying a 2nd Hand 3 Series

Re: Buying a 2nd Hand 3 Series

werxmeister;414579 said:
Apologies for hijacking this thread.

I'm in the market for a decent E36 320, any tips on a pre-purchase checklist?

Common faults or critical areas to look out for before committing?

Used to drive a E36....
The most expensive and common problem is the auto gearbox transmission.
At about 100k-120k km, the gearbox tends to give way.....
The replacement can be very costly...

Hi,

Thinking to get a '06 320. like a good buy now as cost 70k+. the warranty going to expire soon with PML, any good workshops that we can service the car and with reasonable pricing...

Thanks....btw, any comments on '06 model?

Brought a Dec 05 320 at $70K+ recently. The price of the 320 has dropped significantly as compared with end of last year where a similiar car would cost $80K+.

However, please go for a more reputable used car dealer such as PPSL, even though it costs slightly more. After taking over the car, the repair works like oil and coolant leakage already costed me $1.6K and now the air-con compressor is also failing, estimated cost exceeding $2K. The extra cost will give you a peace of mind and also 1 year extended warranty.

Still looking for my ride. Looking for 1.6L. Preferably '93 onward E36 316 Manual with M43 engine. If not then E46 316 with M43B16 also can (if it doesn't break my wallet, hehe).

Hi guys,

I am also int in a pre-owned E90. I am getting a bit confused by the 320i and 320XL. I know 320XL is the higher spec version, but what exactly is the diff? I was told by a staff at PPSL that XL only started from 2007 model year onwards.

Anyone able to shed some light? :huhhuh:

XL means Xenon Light, which normally comes with the so called higher spec variant when PML package their car. However, must check with the dealer exactly what comes as factory fitted options for the car that you wish to purchase. From batch to batch, there are factory options included and excluded by PML especially when PML playing with their pricing.

I agree with wt_know, different batches of basic and XL are equipped differently. The later batch of basic did not even have rear air-con and air-con was also manuel type etc.

Hi archee,

You mean your oil and coolant leakage was fixed free of charge at ppsl? Or you still have to pay for the repairs? What does the 1 year warranty cover from PPSL?

Thanks

vegadonovan;447663 said:
Hi archee,

You mean your oil and coolant leakage was fixed free of charge at ppsl? Or you still have to pay for the repairs? What does the 1 year warranty cover from PPSL?

Thanks
PML told me warranty does not cover 'wear and tear' and oil and coolant leakage is classified as 'wear and tear'. Out of goodwill, they absorbed the material cost and I only paid for the labour costs,

Which is the best of the three: E36 BMW 318iS coupe, E36 BMW 320iA or E36 BMW 325iA

hi everyone,

need help here. i intend to get this '04 e46 325. but i realised a few things when i inspect the car and need advise from all expert here.

1) door central lock not working
2) oil leak from engine, can see
3) aircon problem

i would like to know from kind soul here how much will it cause to repair all these problems, just a indicative $$$

many thanks in advance

happy

I remembered the last time I got the car into PML for oil leak, which they pinpointed to a faulty pump....it cost 600 bucks to fix it.....the rest I'm not too sure.

karbaan;469278 said:
I remembered the last time I got the car into PML for oil leak, which they pinpointed to a faulty pump....it cost 600 bucks to fix it.....the rest I'm not too sure.

everything abt bmw in SG is Expensive!

hi guys, a question. I have a friend whose car got into an accident (hit wall), and the bonnet was crushed. It will be repaired by PML at a high cost and those areas repaired will be covered under 1 year warranty.

Do you think it is advisable for me to buy the car 2nd hand from her?

class;486673 said:
hi guys, a question. I have a friend whose car got into an accident (hit wall), and the bonnet was crushed. It will be repaired by PML at a high cost and those areas repaired will be covered under 1 year warranty.

NO!. stay away from accident car. It's aint the same once broken.... period

class;486673 said:

hi class. it may be rectified to a large extent (almost like before). but u never know if anything is inherently damage which will surface in mnths or years to come.

I have a 1 yr old 325 for sale. thread is below. let me know if u interested.

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/singap...ur-bmw/35778-selling-my-beloved-e90-325i.html

hi Adrian, Slater, thanks for both your replies. I will give it a miss then...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae888football
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back