Buying a 523i - Please advise

Replica469

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum. Currently I'm driving an IS250 which I choose over the 320i for budget and value for money reasons although the BMW 3 series really look :yummie: Oh well.. Anyway, I may get a chance to drive a BMW finally as my Dad is considering getting a BMW for himself after psychoing him away from MB. *At least can exchange with him, MB too many tow kays driving, not my style*

I'm hoping to elicit information regarding possible prices that I can negotiate for at BMW for the new face lifted 5 series. Has any bros been quoted prices which is better than list price?

Any information given by forumers here is very much appreciated!

Regards,
Kenneth

Re: Buying a 523i - Please advise

Hi, my dad just booked a facelift 523iA last week too, i've pm'ed you the deal he got. :)

Thanks coolant. Replied to your PM. I guess you're excited to wait for it to arrive yah?

your dad made a right choice. he wont regret

coolant;206787 said:
Hi, my dad just booked a facelift 523iA last week too, i've pm'ed you the deal he got. :)

hi coolant, can i check something with u?

the 523i your booked is the one with the higher tuned engine? power in the region of 190++??? did you test drive it, or when your dad did, were u in the car? can let me know how's the feel. thanks.

also, can pm me details of your dad's deal? much appreciate it, thanks.

cheers
muddie

muddie;206924 said:
hi coolant, can i check something with u?

the 523i your booked is the one with the higher tuned engine? power in the region of 190++??? did you test drive it, or when your dad did, were u in the car? can let me know how's the feel. thanks.

also, can pm me details of your dad's deal? much appreciate it, thanks.

cheers
muddie

Yes, its the facelifted 523iA with 190 bhp. I testdrove it too, definitely more responsive than the pre-facelift 523iA.

Seems the gearbox is also updated, it felt smoother between shifts too. The new chrome gearshift system looks very cool, makes the interior look very high tech.

Btw, it also uses the new version of the i-Drive with 8 customisable hot buttons below the console, you just glide your finger along the line of buttons to summon up the pop-ups and press to initiate the customised function. Quite useful. :)

Hi coolant,

Can let me know your deal for the 523? Can't wait to get one if manage to sell my existing 320iA E46 SE.

Thks, Hublot

Just got my 523i Facelift a couple of days ago........ enjoying it.

Before booking .........test drove both E200K facelift and 523i facelift.
Here is how I found them:

First impression that struck me was that the E200K was noisy particularly under hard acceleration.... which I tend to do a lot. The BM was quiet and refined with a nice sounding rasp near the top end. Acceleration in the 523i certainly felt faster too although the E200K has good midrange torque. Road noise was also much higher in the E200K ....dunno why .... tyres maybe but they were on 16 inch rims where as the 5 er had 17 inch run flats. Incidentally, I also tested the pre facelift 523i, the facelifted one does feel faster and more powerful.

The new 5 series interior quality looks and feels much better now with wood trim flowing around the doors as well. Seats also feel more comfy than Merc.

Er ....gotta go now ...busy.

Hi coolant, im new here, can u also PM me details of your dad's deal too? Thanks!

My colleague just booked a 523iA new facelift today, prior to COE bidding. At $183,800 with $12k "over-trade" on his used C200. Not bad...

Kinggo,

Can you PM me your deal as I'm negotiating for a good deal for the 523i. Thank you.

I'm thinking of asking BMW to install M3 sports kit. Anyone any comments???

Replica, I don't know about whether you're happy with the IS, but your dad should definitely consider the GS300 with the FSE engine which is actually a dual feed. 245HP but refinement to die for, definitely a dad's car.

definitely better value for money than the 523 in my opinion. Even better if you can squeeze in the Luxury package.

Well, there's always the good points about each of the brands since they are always competing against each other. I chose my IS250 over the 320i mainly over value reasons as it seemed to offer better specifications all round but I do have my fair share of minor quirks about it like the seats (seemed smaller, they make it like the recardo seats in the WRXs and Evos) and cramp interior and electronic hard accelerator (the service guy told me) which I don't get the good engaging feel with the engine.

But then again, I love the Lexus for its quality leather (I always get comments from frens and associates about the leather which is very soft - like the difference between cheese cake and normal cake *haha apologise for my choice of explaination*) and its lush interior that just oozes with urban luxury.

However, I was a bit pissed off with my SE about his after-sales services that left me lacking sometimes but aiya, driving a camry for so long finally get to drive a luxury sports car just wanted to get the 'relentless pursuit for perfection' feeling.

Anyway, I went to the BMW showroom for the 3rd time with my Dad. The SE that Coolant recommended me was extremely helpful and I felt that he gave me a rather good deal. So we just went ahead since the test-ride was engaging and fun and it felt ok with my Dad. Sad to say we did not bother to try out the GS300 but I think it would have been a great ride like my IS250. However my Dad's been wanting to get a Beemer for so long and he even knows his M/// cars so I guess he really wants it. He used to get his Mercs and Toyotas from his friend without even test driving!

The BMW SE said the car will be ready next week.

Now the question is - How is he going to tell my Mom we just bought another car in a span of 2 months?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubet52com
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back