Buying New BMW 325

dsdfan

I am thinking of trading my IS250 for a new E90 325 saloon with the Free COE deal.

Have most of the dependability issues with the E90 been resolved at the factory since 2006?

Thanks.

Re: Buying New BMW 325

Hi dsdfan,

Some of the owners of the first batch of 325i noticed sudden drop in rpm when idle resulting in mild but noticable shuddering of the engine. I think it was resolved via software upgrade - perhaps those who encountered it can feedback on this.

For my case, most of the issues are annoyances, like plastic and rear sunblind creaks which took visits to PML to be resolved. However, on the mechanical side, there are very few complaints so far.

Hope this helps

Puny;382184 said:
....Some of the owners of the first batch of 325i noticed sudden drop in rpm when idle resulting in mild but noticable shuddering of the engine. I think it was resolved via software upgrade - perhaps those who encountered it can feedback on this...

Wife's E90 325i experienced this, to the extent of engine quitting because of the drop in rpm. Software upgrade + change of a solenoid valve - no problems since.

Thanks, Breyton and Puny, for the info.

Can anyone provide a reference for the best price offered for the 325 Saloon, after rebates?

On top of the COE rebate, are further rebates possible?

Many thanks.

I booked one of the few remaining 325i's on the free COE deal.

I have dreamt of having my own BMW since taking a friend's 316 for a spin 25 years ago. That 1.6L engine roared and charged like a living beast. It was hard to step out of the Bimmer's driver's seat, but harder still to step back into my Corolla after that.

Thanks, Breyton and Puny, for the advice.

Price was list minus 13K COE plus a nice trade-in for my IS250.

There were about 5 more available after I booked mine.

It is a shame that the 325 now comes only with 16" rims. I'll definitely be upgrading to maximise the car's handling.

My Lexus has not failed to provide a smooth and effortless ride, but can feel too easy and laid back for those clamouring for some adrenaline in their drive.

If you're going to mod, best to have car with relatively cheap wheels so not to pay too much $ for something you'll swap anyway. Congrats on your new ride.

dsdfan;383065 said:
Price was list minus 13K COE plus a nice trade-in for my IS250.

There were about 5 more available after I booked mine.
..................... QUOTE]

Hi, congrats on your choice of new ride! :)

can check w u if the price above includes XENON headlamps and iDrive+Navi??

thanks! :oops:

i believe for this batch it doesnt come with i drive but xenon lights is std

dukes4;383146 said:
i believe for this batch it doesnt come with i drive but xenon lights is std

Yes, there's no idrive or navigation, but there are xenon lights and sports steering wheel.

Agree, Juzme, no point paying extra for 17" wheels if I'm going for 18".

I would take the 17" if they were free, though. They get you about $400 more trade in value than the 16".

Hi there,

I was at PML this afternoon and quoted $149K for 325.. Is it a good deal? Thanks for your advice..

hi, I got mine lower and just collected my ride over the week........can refer u e SE tat attended to me if u r interested.....he did a great job on my case....

cheers

hi all,

got an sms for a latest quote of 145k for 325.. bloody tempted.. thanks for reading n advice over here.. you guys r a great bunch!

thks makimaki.. will touch base with you when i sell my current ride..

kind regards,
shakshak

These current deals seem as good as the free COE that PML offered in September.

Is the full range of colours still available for current 325 buyers? There were only a few 325's left at the end September when I ordered, thus a limited choice of colours. Was there a fresh shipment of pre-facelift 325's since September?

Anybody holding out for the facelifted e90?

sounds like a very good deal for 325i
too bad i still stuck with my current car, if not , changed liao

sian, dunno whether will have this kind of deal anymore ...budget ard 150k too:furious:

anyone knows if the new FL 325i will have idrive?
thanks

Hi to those who just got their new 325's.

Was wondering if you experience any clicking sounds coming from the aircon vents when you increase or decrease the temperature. I seem to get that noise either when there is a temperature change or when I press the Auto button.

Thanks,

SilkySmooth6;395379 said:
Hi to those who just got their new 325's.

Was wondering if you experience any clicking sounds coming from the aircon vents when you increase or decrease the temperature. I seem to get that noise either when there is a temperature change or when I press the Auto button.

Thanks,

I got my 325 about 4 months back and so far don't recall ever encountering the same thing as you've mentioned here. But just to be sure, I'll monitor closely when I drive home later today and let you know if it exists in my ride too.

EMF;395397 said:
I got my 325 about 4 months back and so far don't recall ever encountering the same thing as you've mentioned here. But just to be sure, I'll monitor closely when I drive home later today and let you know if it exists in my ride too.
cheers boss!

Appreciate other comments from fellow 325 owners.

Thanks,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rajabaji1
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back