CAD arrests 5 City Harvest Church members

OptimusWKY

SINGAPORE: Five members of City Harvest Church (CHC), including its Pastor Kong Hee, have been arrested for alleged criminal breach of trust and falsification of accounts of the church.

The other four members are John Tan Yee Peng, Lam Leng Ham, Chew Eng Ham and Sharon Tan.

The five were questioned by the Commercial Affairs Department (CAD) on Tuesday.

They are out on bail and will be charged in court on Wednesday.

Meanwhile, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Home Affairs Teo Chee Hean has stressed that the charges filed by CAD are against the five individuals from the City Harvest Church regarding the use of church funds.

He said the charges are not filed against CHC itself and the church is free to continue its church services and activities.

Mr Teo added that CAD carries out investigations when it receives information that a criminal offence may have been committed.

CAD had previously investigated the National Kidney Foundation and Ren Ci.

As the matter is now before the courts, Mr Teo said the law should be allowed to take its course and the public should avoid speculation or making pre-judgements that may unnecessarily stir up emotions

Re: CAD arrests 5 City Harvest Church members

Money money money..... Its so funny.....Its a rich man's world.......So said ABBA.....

Buying properties in Hollywood is no farking joke... where the money conmes from a 'father'.... i got many friends with city harvest and one of them has to make compulsory contribution to the church on a monthly basis.... thats why he not enough money buy BMW.

23 Million is a lot of money

City is walking NKF old route ... raising fund is 1st priority and top management is obssessed with fund-fund-fund

wt_know;840880 said:
City is walking NKF old route ... raising fund is 1st priority and top management is obssessed with fund-fund-fund

That sounds like gahmen's route.

snowmanyee;840872 said:
Buying properties in Hollywood is no farking joke... where the money conmes from a 'father'.... i got many friends with city harvest and one of them has to make compulsory contribution to the church on a monthly basis.... thats why he not enough money buy BMW.

Property in Hollywood??? Really? Wow.

"Money is the root of all evil! GIVE IT TO US!"

I really hope they are innocent. And if they are really guilty, I hope they return all the money back to the Church. CHC is a good church.
I gave quite a bit monthly to that church when I was a student and NSfor tithes and building funds. Was feeling really poor that time, but I gave willingly and faithfully, no complains.

Think it's a problem of growing too big and fast. U suddenly believe that you are meant for greater things....

Sigh. Very sad. So many people will be disappointed :(

Return 23M back? If they can do it, the &^&%%^. Y the already rich bue pai seh to swallow money from religious activities?

Then again Im not rich so can never understand

Tithing is a competition there I heard

You know, with the way things are done here, if the Garhmen/Prosecutors weren't sure of their case, no announcement would be given.... Still, to be fair, let's see how things pan out.

Take a stack of cash, throw it into the air, and whatever doesn't fall back to the ground has been taken by god and is all that he truly needs.

Anything else is just a con.

I should have been a Pastor. :drool:

Tanzy;840925 said:
I should have been a Pastor. :drool:

you sure you be contented?

how about being the Pope? an ESTATE some miles from the Vatican...with helicopter to fly him back when he isn't feeling well...

How come Pope also got succession disputes...besides Obelisks they 'moved' from Egypt to Rome and the Vatican...anyone asked what else has been 'moved'?

Shaun;840890 said:
"Money is the root of all evil! GIVE IT TO US!"

Money by itself has no moral value....its the love of money that develops into an insatiable and burning thirst that can't be slaked :thumbsup:

The actual verse from 1 Timothy 6:10 : "For the LOVE OF MONEY is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
45678dev
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back