Calling all 1 series owners...

Re: Calling all 1 series owners...

HITMAN;770145 said:
Where has everybody gone to? Enjoy car? Modding car? No time to come into forum? Haha... So quiet last few days...

thats very normal........

cheers

True... Mayb my turn to disappear as well... Haha.

I think HITMAN will disappear long long time after getting car on Monday... he'll be SUPER BUSY MODDING like there's no tomorrow... like it's going out of fashion... hehehehe.

wobbles;770185 said:
I think HITMAN will disappear long long time after getting car on Monday... he'll be SUPER BUSY MODDING like there's no tomorrow... like it's going out of fashion... hehehehe.

Plus sure alot of Night Driving to go around SG to pay bills on the ATM machine, etc etc.........

cheers

No lah bro... Nt much, juz the rims n kits.... Both nt in Singapore yet. Will drive stock for awhile 1st...

HITMAN;770187 said:
No lah bro... Nt much, juz the rims n kits.... Both nt in Singapore yet. Will drive stock for awhile 1st...

Stock??? can tint window first........

cheers

ac323;770186 said:
Plus sure alot of Night Driving to go around SG to pay bills on the ATM machine, etc etc.........

Hahaha... bro AC323, you are so true - that's describing me as well...

Sorry I didn't make it to Keppel Club today. The tile viewing then led on to dining table viewing (at Great World City), which then, led back to more tile viewing, then I went to collect F02 from grooming... just got back home after dinner. Whole Sunday burnt - but at least my F02 looks newer than when I collected it (except for the kerb rashes on the rims - damn eyesore)

It's 3M tint by PML bro...

Where is a good place to send for grooming? Thinking of REVOL or sonax... How?

HITMAN;770192 said:
It's 3M tint by PML bro...

Where is a good place to send for grooming? Thinking of REVOL or sonax... How?

whichever is nearer to you............both are great......

cheers

Hinting me? Sonax nearer leh...

HITMAN;770145 said:
Where has everybody gone to? Enjoy car? Modding car? No time to come into forum? Haha... So quiet last few days...

Yes, really busy.

Damn stupid 205/50R17 tyres difficult to sell.
Anybody managed to sell theirs? If so, can PM me where and for how much?

Seems the 17x7J rim can hold 225/45R17 tyres pretty well. At least my PSS is put to good use.
Now, car grippier and quieter compared to stock.
Tyre pressure 240F, 220R. Very comfortable but think can be grippier. So may try different setting soon. Anyway, my tyres are already scrubed in from the previous ride..

Have already done Tinting. Went for the max IR rejection one (95%) . Really no regret as the last time, only put in the (80%) one, not so good.

Installed LED light strip in the boot so now its really bright and quite thankful that the stock lights are also knd of 'whitish'.

Tried to find some fuse point to tap the power for GPS. Don't have (or least my installer can't find), best was in the boot where the battery was. Decided to forgo it so now run the GPS cable as discretely as possible. Bo-pian! This exercise taught me to forget about installing aftermarket TPMS, gauges, in-car DVR etc that requires tapping of power.

Learned that the cig lighter power supply is still ON after turning off the engine (think similiar to the action of removing the key from the ignition chamber). My previous rides all total shutdown but this F20, no leh! Some installer tells me the supply remains available up to 5min later. Maybe some bro can confirm cause I haven;t had the time to verify it.

Now just running in the car, but noticed FC quite lousy. Half compared to the Jetta (considering city traffic and using the auto start-stop function. Haven't had the opportunity to stretch it but maybe will do so in the next couple of days, perhaps within the recommended run-in conditions of keeping it below 4500rpm and not exceeeding 160kmh. :woottt:

silverhwak;770059 said:
Bro, my 1ster shw low coolant. Shld i jus add water or go get any coolant n top up?

HITMAN;770143 said:
I think new car shldnt need to Topup the coolant at all. Mayb u shld hv it checked. Leak somewhere? My present car had tis symptom after 2 years n cfm leak somewhere. Meanwhile u can juz Topup wif water...

Tks bro. But vy strange. After top up, idrv till prmpt me low coolant. Anw will snt to pml for chk tml. Hope nothing serious..

Hey bro ben1, can't find fuse to tap power? I'm gng to my installer to fix up my blackvue front n back, TPMS and GPS leh... Hope he can do something. Dun wan wires running all over the place. Keep u inform if mine no prob. Where u install?

Hey bro silverhwak, sounds like sensor issues... Hmm, better to send in to diagnose... Good luck!

HITMAN;770246 said:
Hey bro ben1, can't find fuse to tap power? I'm gng to my installer to fix up my blackvue front n back, TPMS and GPS leh... Hope he can do something. Dun wan wires running all over the place. Keep u inform if mine no prob. Where u install?

The fuse box, one in engine bay and the other I found is under the rear boot cover, next to the battery.

Tap from engine definite no-no for me cause they need to run it through the firewall.
Tap from the rear, for just the GPS cable, me think not worth it.
Perhaps in your case, since you got so many gadgets, might be worth the while to tap from the rear.

I was at Trust Motion.

HITMAN;770246 said:

Hey bro silverhwak, sounds like sensor issues... Hmm, better to send in to diagnose... Good luck!

If you got luck with your power tapping, please update here. I was at JDM and those guys were just as clueless! I will be trying out soundwerkz @ Sin Min tomorrow if time permits and of course waiting for your updates too.

Thanks bro ben1 for the info. Will see wat my installer can do... Update u more... I'm gng to FOON audio.

Hey bro FORRESTGUM, update u on the timing. Shld b abt 1plus then can meet u. Got lunch wif family lah...

ben1;770256 said:
The fuse box, one in engine bay and the other I found is under the rear boot cover, next to the battery.

Tap from engine definite no-no for me cause they need to run it through the firewall.
Tap from the rear, for just the GPS cable, me think not worth it.
Perhaps in your case, since you got so many gadgets, might be worth the while to tap from the rear.

I was at Trust Motion.

One sure way is to cut cable and tap power. JDM say one. This method sure kenna warranty issue with PML.

HITMAN;770275 said:
Hey bro FORRESTGUM, update u on the timing. Shld b abt 1plus then can meet u. Got lunch wif family lah...

No worries....So u got your confirmation that your BIG day is tomorrow? Just text me and we take it from there. PML screwed up the service appointment so may not go in tomorrow too, buy already so already an expired customer.....

ben1;770213 said:
Yes, really busy.

Damn stupid 205/50R17 tyres difficult to sell.
Anybody managed to sell theirs? If so, can PM me where and for how much?

Seems the 17x7J rim can hold 225/45R17 tyres pretty well. At least my PSS is put to good use.
Now, car grippier and quieter compared to stock.
Tyre pressure 240F, 220R. Very comfortable but think can be grippier. So may try different setting soon. Anyway, my tyres are already scrubed in from the previous ride..

Have already done Tinting. Went for the max IR rejection one (95%) . Really no regret as the last time, only put in the (80%) one, not so good.

Installed LED light strip in the boot so now its really bright and quite thankful that the stock lights are also knd of 'whitish'.

Tried to find some fuse point to tap the power for GPS. Don't have (or least my installer can't find), best was in the boot where the battery was. Decided to forgo it so now run the GPS cable as discretely as possible. Bo-pian! This exercise taught me to forget about installing aftermarket TPMS, gauges, in-car DVR etc that requires tapping of power.

Learned that the cig lighter power supply is still ON after turning off the engine (think similiar to the action of removing the key from the ignition chamber). My previous rides all total shutdown but this F20, no leh! Some installer tells me the supply remains available up to 5min later. Maybe some bro can confirm cause I haven;t had the time to verify it.

Now just running in the car, but noticed FC quite lousy. Half compared to the Jetta (considering city traffic and using the auto start-stop function. Haven't had the opportunity to stretch it but maybe will do so in the next couple of days, perhaps within the recommended run-in conditions of keeping it below 4500rpm and not exceeeding 160kmh. :woottt:

Any rims with 7" - 8.5" width can hold 225. I"m too quite disappointed with the FC, only managed slight above 400 when the reserve tank led came on.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back