Calling all 1 series owners...

Re: Calling all 1 series owners...

Cmmon put up some pics...make the thread more visual...

Can someone teach me how to get the VIN number for the F10 and F20? Trying to update the bluetooth and connected drive software, and the website needs the VIN number.

kardtoon;785756 said:
Can someone teach me how to get the VIN number for the F10 and F20? Trying to update the bluetooth and connected drive software, and the website needs the VIN number.

If I m not wrong, BMW's VIN = Last 7 digits of your Chasis Number (your ride's chasis number is also indicated in the COE).

Last edited by a moderator:

Baby1M;785773 said:
If I m not wrong, BMW's VIN = Last 7 digits of your Chasis Number (your ride's chasis number is also indicated in the COE).

I just tried that... doesn't seem to be correct. The BMw website didn't recognize those last 7 digits.

Any other ideas?

Which BMW website? PML?

May I ask if your ride is from PML or PI?
- If from PML, the above links should give you details of your ride. If it does provide info (valid VIN), then I suppose e best option is to contact PML.
- If is from PI, then there maybe a slight unforseen issue e.g. VIN decode was not purchased by e PI.

How about you try validate/check your VIN on e sites below before you try again.
1) Vehicle Identification Number: BMW
2) BMW VIN Decoder - By Mitsuhiko Kanekatsu

That is all I know and doubt I can provide further assistance.

Which BMW website? PML?

May I ask if your ride is from PML or PI?
- If from PML, the above links should give you details of your ride. If it does provide info (valid VIN), then I suppose e best option is to contact PML.
- If is from PI, then there maybe a slight unforseen issue e.g. VIN decode was not purchased by e PI.

How about you try validate/check your VIN on e sites below before you try again.
1) Vehicle Identification Number: BMW
2) BMW VIN Decoder - By Mitsuhiko Kanekatsu

That is all I know and doubt I can provide further assistance.

Last edited by a moderator:

kardtoon;786158 said:
My car is from PML and the website I'm trying to access is www.bmw.com/update.

I tried one of the links you provided and it didn't work as well. Hmmm
It is weird. I tried entering my VIN at the link you provided and mine is valid.

Is there any alpha numeric 'identity issue'? As we know that O can be mistaken for 0 and vice versa. Your last 7 digits should be 2 alphabet followed by 5 numeric.

Worst case is approach PML.

marksim;786551 said:
I just update mine this afternoon and it works too

What do you get after the software has been updated? I did it this morning, hoping to be able to use the office function but nothing change leh :huhhuh::huhhuh:

Forrestgum;786779 said:
What do you get after the software has been updated? I did it this morning, hoping to be able to use the office function but nothing change leh :huhhuh::huhhuh:

Office function are separate thing lah this one just improve the compatitbility of bluetooth with phone and also some audio improvement

Hi guys

Is this software update different from the one we got updated in MA?
How do I check whether the version is already the latest one?
Thanks!

Baby1M;786441 said:
It is weird. I tried entering my VIN at the link you provided and mine is valid.

Is there any alpha numeric 'identity issue'? As we know that O can be mistaken for 0 and vice versa. Your last 7 digits should be 2 alphabet followed by 5 numeric.

Worst case is approach PML.

Last 7 digits of my chassis number is an Alpha followed by 6 digits, none of which are zeros or easily mistaken for something else.

Maybe the car is new and not yet updated in the website **i hope**

Hi all,

Wondering whether your drive jerks especially when in a jam. It feels like the car does not know to shift up or down and it is dam irritating....

Don't have such problem with all my previous cars.....

Anyway I am sending in to PML Bukit Timah on Wednesday for a check on this and the knocking sounds on the doors when driving....

naqshband73;789866 said:
Hi all,

Wondering whether your drive jerks especially when in a jam. It feels like the car does not know to shift up or down and it is dam irritating....

Anyway I am sending in to PML Bukit Timah on Wednesday for a check on this and the knocking sounds on the doors when driving....

Sound like you got a lemon...:helpp!:

naqshband73;789866 said:
Hi all,

Ask PML for refund or give u a new car... Lemon law say one...

zeromax;789925 said:
Ask PML for refund or give u a new car... Lemon law say one...

U mean u all don't have this jerking thingy....?

I knew I bought a lemon from day 1.....

naqshband73;789945 said:
U mean u all don't have this jerking thingy....?

I knew I bought a lemon from day 1.....
nope dun have...

thought your car is now under BMW asia directly?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fb88vegas
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back