Calling all 1 series owners...

Re: Calling all 1 series owners...

advise is to better call up Gavin before you go down for a car wash... Sometimes it can be really busy down there..
I agreed TG is better place, AMK Revol is too chaotic

wobbles;772142 said:
Bro Hitman, if you're nearer to the west side (Toh Guan), next time you feel like getting a car wash @ Revol, drop me a PM & we might go down together, if timing is right :)

Mua also goes to TG for grooming, office just next door.

HITMAN;772141 said:
Bro zeromax, depends on which day... nt fixed. Once u guys hv the date, let me know. U were at Revol? I left abt 3 plus. must hv missed u. I went there today bcoz Im busy 2m, if nt, Toh Guan will be closer to me and heard the facilities there better. ie the lounge and cosiness... Can take a nap. haha....
haha! I was there at around 4pm, so i guess we just skip past each other i guess :(

will let u know on the date... Am looking at 20th March...

Hi all,

I plan to purchase a second hand 118 or 120i... in the meantime, can someone kindly advise me on the following:

1) Both vehicles which i am now looking at (from a car dealer) do not have the i-drive. Is it possible for me to instal the i-drive later?

2) Can i change the antenna to the shark fin model (the current antenna is the long rod type)?

3) I read from one forummer that he installed blackvue video cameras at the front and back screen. but my colleague told me that BMW's system check could prop up the "ENGINE/BATTERY error" message if the video cameras are linked to the car battery on a 24-hr basis. Is this true? Will the warranty then be void?

4) How much is the average servicing costs? the mileage is now abt 25k.. the next servicing is 30k - how much will it cost roughly?

thanks dudes and babes.. your replies will help me decide on whether i shld get a bmw, and if so, which model..

cheers.

surfergal;772494 said:
Hi all,

I plan to purchase a second hand 118 or 120i... in the meantime, can someone kindly advise me on the following:

1) Both vehicles which i am now looking at (from a car dealer) do not have the i-drive. Is it possible for me to instal the i-drive later?

2) Can i change the antenna to the shark fin model (the current antenna is the long rod type)?

3) I read from one forummer that he installed blackvue video cameras at the front and back screen. but my colleague told me that BMW's system check could prop up the "ENGINE/BATTERY error" message if the video cameras are linked to the car battery on a 24-hr basis. Is this true? Will the warranty then be void?

4) How much is the average servicing costs? the mileage is now abt 25k.. the next servicing is 30k - how much will it cost roughly?

thanks dudes and babes.. your replies will help me decide on whether i shld get a bmw, and if so, which model..

cheers.
Hi Surfergal,

Can. There are retrofits around. But they are not cheap.

Definitely can change.

Need to ask HITMAN liao... not sure on this.

According to my servicing checklist, the average cost is around 200+ to 300+

Just wondering, are you getting your 118i/120i from PPSL? And why don't you ever consider the current new model 116i/118i? just wondering... :)

Hope my answers help u!

zeromax;772505 said:
Hi Surfergal,

Can. There are retrofits around. But they are not cheap.

Definitely can change.

Need to ask HITMAN liao... not sure on this.

According to my servicing checklist, the average cost is around 200+ to 300+

Just wondering, are you getting your 118i/120i from PPSL? And why don't you ever consider the current new model 116i/118i? just wondering... :)

Hope my answers help u!

hey dude, thanks a lot.

(1) retrofits - any idea roughly how much? also, i presume it will be done by PML and not other vendors/workshops?

(2) change of antenna to shark fin -also via PML right? otherwise if i do it elsewhere, will the warranty be void?

hehe, i'm looking at the models offered by a car dealer at one commonwealth lane.. prices seem atttractive. the 118i.. abt 2 years plus, and low mileage is abt 110k.. quite reasonable.. new models super exp eh :)

thanks dude, appreciate yr advice :)

surfergal;772515 said:
hey dude, thanks a lot.

(1) retrofits - any idea roughly how much? also, i presume it will be done by PML and not other vendors/workshops?

(2) change of antenna to shark fin -also via PML right? otherwise if i do it elsewhere, will the warranty be void?

hehe, i'm looking at the models offered by a car dealer at one commonwealth lane.. prices seem atttractive. the 118i.. abt 2 years plus, and low mileage is abt 110k.. quite reasonable.. new models super exp eh :)

thanks dude, appreciate yr advice :)
hehehe :)

1. Firstly, 118i old model does not have the space allocated for the iDrive. so that is really ex if you gonna do it. As you need to change the whole dashboard mount.. you are looking at probably $7,000 minimum.

2. The change of antenna is of no issue at all. It is under cosmetics mod. Therefore, will not void warranty de :)

I dunno if you mind, (maybe I busybody la! pardon me ho!) but I think for a 2yr plus car with already 110k mileage is not consider low mileage. I took 6 years to clock 110k mileage for my previous ride. Therefore, 2 years / 110k mileage.. definitely consider a very high mileage.

You can try PPSL actually, cheaper and you are given extended warranty as PPSL is the official second hand dealer for BMW.

New PI 118i is also cheaper than PML's and it comes with sunroof and navigation...

just a piece of advice from me :)

zeromax;772522 said:
hehehe :)

1. Firstly, 118i old model does not have the space allocated for the iDrive. so that is really ex if you gonna do it. As you need to change the whole dashboard mount.. you are looking at probably $7,000 minimum.

2. The change of antenna is of no issue at all. It is under cosmetics mod. Therefore, will not void warranty de :)

I dunno if you mind, (maybe I busybody la! pardon me ho!) but I think for a 2yr plus car with already 110k mileage is not consider low mileage. I took 6 years to clock 110k mileage for my previous ride. Therefore, 2 years / 110k mileage.. definitely consider a very high mileage.

You can try PPSL actually, cheaper and you are given extended warranty as PPSL is the official second hand dealer for BMW.

New PI 118i is also cheaper than PML's and it comes with sunroof and navigation...

just a piece of advice from me :)

sorry dude, my typo.. i mean to say, the mileage is very low (25k)... and the price of this model (118i) looks reasonable - abt $110k :)

a newer model costs at least 50k more :(

surfergal;772524 said:
sorry dude, my typo.. i mean to say, the mileage is very low (25k)... and the price of this model (118i) looks reasonable - abt $110k :)

i see! 25k mileage for 2yr plus car is pretty good.. but the warranty? who govern it? as warranty will expired after the 3rd year...

Price for this model is $110k.. sound reasonable... But just have to ensure the warranty coverage and check if it is accident free, its servicing records, previous owner... etc :)

Really hope you can get it and meet us for tea :) Actually, no need to buy also can meet us, if u wanna know more about BMW...

wah polish at AMK auto-point??
My office is just opposite.
but i go all the way to Chevrons to polish my car. haha

kelnalevin;772553 said:
wah polish at AMK auto-point??
My office is just opposite.
but i go all the way to Chevrons to polish my car. haha
Which polisher you use?
Revol @ Toh Guan?

No issues so far... Had the camera installed for 2 days areadi. But my front had power magic, which cuts off the power fm the battery when it falls below a certain level. My rear is only on when my car starts... Furthermore, if I'm overseas for a longer period of time, there's a cutoff switch to stop recording. So far, I hvnt got any check light... Touchwood...

HITMAN;772584 said:

No issues so far... Had the camera installed for 2 days areadi. But my front had power magic, which cuts off the power fm the battery when it falls below a certain level. My rear is only on when my car starts... Furthermore, if I'm overseas for a longer period of time, there's a cutoff switch to stop recording. So far, I hvnt got any check light... Touchwood...

must take note when installing. thanks.

surfergal;772524 said:

Peace of mind is priceless

1. Hitman/ Vincent Sim/ F20 118i/ Alpine White/ Stirling Road.
2. bernqks/Bernard Quake/F20 116i/Sapphire Black/Sengkang
3. Clara25 / 135I
4. Eunice / 135I
5. MissyG / 120i cab
6. Jitm / Jit / 120I
7. SilverHwak/Raymond/F20 116i/Mineral Grey/Punggol
8. Songlee/Derek/e87 120i/black/fernvale
9. tkngs/TK/F20 116i/Midnight Blue/Hougang
10. wei0306 / E82 125i coupe/ Sapphire Black / Upper Thomson
11. Forrestgum/F20 116i/Sapphire Black/Upper Bukit Timah
12. Zeromax/ Sebastian Zheng / F20 116i/ Mineral White / Serangoon
13. Kardtoon/ F20 116i/ Alpine white/ Holland
14.Immny/Melvin/F20 118i/Crimson Red/Boon Keng
15. ben1/Bernard/F20 116i/Sapphire Black/Tg Rhu
16. kelnalevin/Kelvin/F20 116i/Alpine White/Yishun
17. Gilbert73/ Gilbert/F20 118i/Alpine white/ Hougang
18. Steamystream/ Dom / E88 120i Cabrio / Dk Blue / River Valley
19. bryandavidchan/Bryan/E88 120i Cabrio/ Alpine White / Toh Tuck Road
20. naqshband73 / F20 116i / Crimson Red / Bukit Panjang
21. er1cw / E82 135i / Sedona Red / Eastwood
22. HHH/ Jason/ 118i/ Black/ Sengkang
23. happygsy/Young/F20 118i/Alpine White/Novena

HITMAN;772584 said:

Bro, is yours the BV DR350? I"m still considering, sometimes it's better not to choose when you are in the shop, brains can go haywire.

Mine is the Blackvue 400HD.

So far ok... Abit hot sometimes...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k93453632