Calling all 1 series owners...

Re: Calling all 1 series owners...

hymth;780299 said:
U must be very young too... Lol
I not that young la.... :/

zeromax;780301 said:
always amaze me with your good command of english..

Wah, bro, you see me too up liao. Good engrand peepur is like Kenntona & our resident Bobby-hoot-Ah-Neh lawya MW.

Unker like me, can pian jiak a bit only.

If I don't put disclaimer like that, the self appointment guardian of morality in BMW.sg (no names mentioned) will come & say I humblebrag.

wobbles;780300 said:
Yes, yes, sometimes, I surprise even myself with quality posts like the above :)

I love u too. Anyway, how much are u paying or insurance with how much ncd? Curious.

hymth;780306 said:
Anyway, how much are u paying or insurance with how much ncd? Curious.

Who moi? I took over wifey's 50% max NCD for the 640i, ended up paying about $2.5K. Without NCD, was about $5K

Dunno how much they'll whack me for the renewal of the F02 insurance when it runs out next year though :( - the NCD bonus got reset to 0%

wobbles;780309 said:
Who moi? I took over wifey's 50% max NCD for the 640i, ended up paying about $2.5K. Without NCD, was about $5K

Dunno how much they'll whack me for the renewal of the F02 insurance when it runs out next year though :( - the NCD bonus got reset to 0%

Ncd reset??? U bang who?

wobbles;780309 said:

aiyo... got into accident?

hymth;780311 said:
Ncd reset??? U bang who?

zeromax;780315 said:
aiyo... got into accident?

No no, all the cars I've owned in the past, I put under wife's name - so she clocked up the NCD. Now, this F13 is the first car I've officially owned, so I got 0% NCD.

But, it's cheaper to insure a sedan (F02) vs a coupe (F13), so I got wife to transfer her NCD over to the F13, and in doing so, the F02's max NCD got reset to 0%

wobbles;780317 said:
No no, all the cars I've owned in the past, I put under wife's name - so she clocked up the NCD. Now, this F13 is the first car I've officially owned, so I got 0% NCD.

But, it's cheaper to insure a sedan (F02) vs a coupe (F13), so I got wife to transfer her NCD over to the F13, and in doing so, the F02's max NCD got reset to 0%
i see!

my is a similar case of no NCD...

My previous car's insurance is under my dad's (way cheaper). but for this car, I wish to use my name so as I can clock my NCD...
So forgo my dad's 45% NCD and use my 0% NCD... that is why my insurance is at the high end...

wobbles;780317 said:

U can put under my name too. Might be cheaper.

hymth;780337 said:
U can put under my name too. Might be cheaper.

Hahah... nice try bro... might as well hand you the car keys too :)

Hi all,

Getting my ride this Thurs...anything i should look out for when getting new ride for 1ers?

Danker ...

Gee german speaking lad! Well prob caress the car and sleep in it for the first few nights?

espejismo;780372 said:
Hi all,

Getting my ride this Thurs...anything i should look out for when getting new ride for 1ers?

Danker ...

Congratulations on your new ride. There are issues, may not be applicable to every car but good to keep them in mind

1. Glove box cannot open/close
2. Squealing brakes. Some say it's new and not bedded in yet so depends on which school of thought you are in.
3. Suspension/springs. Clunking or body flex sound when going over hump
4. Call your SE to arrange to have your ride updated with the latest software ( ver ends with .7) prior collection. Such update can take anything from 3hrs to 6hrs (my case)
5. Patches of fine scratches on the body. Mine had tonnes of it caused by the installation of solar film. The guys could have rushed thru the job
6. De-colorised Grille - if you are on 116i white grille, look carefully at the chrome stripe.
7. Loose rear wiper cover

Of course i hope you don't have any of the above! Ultimately enjoy the car, the drive feels very different from VW at least for me.

Forrestgum;780389 said:
Congratulations on your new ride. There are issues, may not be applicable to every car but good to keep them in mind

1. Glove box cannot open/close
2. Squealing brakes. Some say it's new and not bedded in yet so depends on which school of thought you are in.
3. Suspension/springs. Clunking or body flex sound when going over hump
4. Call your SE to arrange to have your ride updated with the latest software ( ver ends with .7) prior collection. Such update can take anything from 3hrs to 6hrs (my case)
5. Patches of fine scratches on the body. Mine had tonnes of it caused by the installation of solar film. The guys could have rushed thru the job
6. De-colorised Grille - if you are on 116i white grille, look carefully at the chrome stripe.
7. Loose rear wiper cover

Of course i hope you don't have any of the above! Ultimately enjoy the car, the drive feels very different from VW at least for me.

Thanks man for the advice....really appreciate it....

My previous ride was also VW. Hopes everything goes well...

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back