Cannot start my car

pikachu

Hi Guys, when I try to start my e90 m3, i can't start the car. I am getting DSC failure and FTM error. I can hear the engine cranking and trying to start but it stopped after that.

I have called up several friends and they told me that battery could be weak. I have tried to jump start using another car battery but same error.

Any advice? Should I just try to change the battery?

Are the errors normal for a weak battery?

Re: Cannot start my car

Why not give Dr Rodney a call?

hi there
if ur car cranks , its not ur battery . its the fuel system .

take heart u cant start fm stationary posn.

mine was moving when the fuel pump stopped working.while i was driving......

anyway i hope by now you have found out whats wrong. do pm me if its the fuel system problem .
tku

Thanks- I'm still having problems with cold start despite changing to a new battery.
The current suspect is that DME is faulty :-(
I am planning to have to checked by another workshop for a second opinion.

The BMW DME is quite robust ......

Would be surprised if it is the culprit.

pikachu;1107549 said:
Thanks- I'm still having problems with cold start despite changing to a new battery.
The current suspect is that DME is faulty :-(
I am planning to have to checked by another workshop for a second opinion.

Can't crank ? Many issues to troubleshoot.... starter motor ? Battery? Connectors.... etc ... DME is the last...

Problem still not resolved. :-( The strange thing is that I only have the problem when the car has not been started for more than 8 hours or so.

And what is even more strange is that if I disconnect n connect the battery terminal, the car will start immediately.

Any suggestions?

If fuel pump, I have a set... used 65k. Good condition on 335.
Upgrade to stage 2 fuel pump.

Did you change the Dme ?

Checked the wake up lines from the IBS to the Dme ?

pikachu;1113543 said:
Problem still not resolved. :-( The strange thing is that I only have the problem when the car has not been started for more than 8 hours or so.

And what is even more strange is that if I disconnect n connect the battery terminal, the car will start immediately.

Any suggestions?

Yes DME was changed to a brand new one since we found out that there was no power in the wake up lines but after that the symptom still persisted.
After stripping down to just the DME, car security access and the main fuse box, we suspected the car instrument cluster could also be at fault so we changed that to a new one but it didn't solve the problem. :-(

We don't think it's fuel pump issue because the car does start up in the end n we can hear the fuel pump working. Also when the problem happens the car does start but dies immediately.

Try an energy diagnosis and track down the ECU that is sleeping.....

And check the CPS Along the way ....

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
latemarriage
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back