Car Body Export Price Guide

Re: Car Body Export Price Guide

:stop!: Cannot use Benzworld as a guide. He is selling the body and is running a business, not charity. If you expect to get the price the benzworld put on his website, try harder. Advertise in the Straits Time and also the internet, employ admin staffs and sales people to do it, maybe, you get a chance. As for the body of the 318 that is 1.5 years old, $20k is about right. however, why would you want to export that body. Can sell in local market. you fetch a higher price selling it in the local market because you do not have to sustain paper loss (if you do understand what I mean), which is 7.5% now. Don't get me wrong, I'm actually a car dealer and at the same time a BMW enthusiasts. :helpp!: Just remember that dealers need to make a living too and if you are going to use our selling price as a guide for you to sell you car, by all means, but advertise in the papers and do all the documentations yourself. Not to forget, full settle the car yourself first before you can do anything and dealers have to fork out the money for you to do so. Anyway, to answer your question, the price of the body is about right but check your PARF, because I think that you can actually sell it in the local market for the 318 that you mentioned. :topicsuc: I hate to say this but as dealers, we meet cutomers who actually doesn't know the trade and pretend to know tonnes. I see some advice in this forum that actually sucks, inaccurate and unreasonable. In the first place, why drive a beamer if you care about the few hundreds or maybe a thousnad or two that a dealer may reap you off? Drive a COE Suzuki Swift instead and you would not have to bother about the prices of the body and things like that because the body of the Swift costs nothing. Everything is cheaper too. In hokkien, they say "Ai hiong siew, Ai jiap siew". Meaning, you want to enjoy, you must accept! :)

hmm... driving a bimmer does not mean we have to accept being ripped off by dealer (or anyone else for that matter) by few hundreds or even 1 or 2 thousands. I don't think its right.

Everyone is entitled to make a decent living. Everyone is entitled not to be ripped off. So if there is a fair gain for both, that should be good. In the real world, we've always got to err on the side of caution.

Last week, at a test drive session, I was offered body value trade in 9K for A160, 20K for C200, subject to condition and mileage. I know of friends who recieved above 20K body value for e39 520 (2 litre, not 2.2). So there seems to be a market for body value out there, but you need to hunt for it.

If body value is important to you, buy models that would be in demand worldwide. include options such as sunroof and satnav.

I am not a car dealer. Have dealt with many kind and thoughtful professionals. Few crooks too.

Car body prices are very subjective and there are many types or rather levels of dealers, most of the dealers are middle man who are trying to make a quick buck by buying and reselling to the exporter, Benzworld prices are at the end piont ie they are directly exporting the cars. their prices can be used as a guide but u will have to take of a resonable amt, for eg if they are asking 30k they prob will sell abt 25-27k, so the dealer will take in abt 20-22k, unless of course u get a middle man who will take in at 18 and resell to the exporter.

With regards to the effort that the dealers put it, well its actually simple paper work and the loan settlement is also charged to the buyer by the so called "admin fee". If a private seller has found a buyer then they can get any of the finance companies to handling the loan for the new buyer and in the process they will help settle the previous loan and do the transfer. I am not a dealer but over the years i have sold and bought and exported my cars and my friends cars. Its a bit of effort but not very complicated.

I agree that the dealer takes a risk by buying in a car so they have to make a larger 'profit' when buying the cars to cover any potential losses, but in todays market most dealers are doing consignment rather then trade-ins esp the smalll time dealers.

In todays context when you sell a car u need to be realistic in your prices then u will be able to sell your. Some dealers and buyers are still trying to sell their cars based on what they want rather then what the market is willing to pay. for eg there is a E39 Exec 03 asking 152, when E60 520 03 and 04 is going for 158-165, so we need to be realistic in our prices.

Just my 2 cents, ignore it if its rubbish.

cheers

My fren got offered $14k for his Jan 2001 740iL and I told him dat is a clear case of rip-off. How can it be when a 98 model 318i can fetch like $12-13k and a mid 2001 X5 was offered $55k? So now I am gonna help ask around for him. Will update my post soon.

T6 said:
My fren got offered $14k for his Jan 2001 740iL and I told him dat is a clear case of rip-off. How can it be when a 98 model 318i can fetch like $12-13k and a mid 2001 X5 was offered $55k? So now I am gonna help ask around for him. Will update my post soon.

Bro if you think that's bad, wait till you hear this.....My neighbour was offered $200 for his 2001 Ford Mondeo by his SE from Kah Motors when he booked his new Accord. It's situations like this that makes me think that car dealers in general are all vultures and cannot be trusted.

rodders said:
Bro if you think that's bad, wait till you hear this.....My neighbour was offered $200 for his 2001 Ford Mondeo by his SE from Kah Motors when he booked his new Accord.

Bro, I lagi blur. Scrapped my Mondeo in 1999 for zero$ ah. But didn't have to pay any commission for my paper though. But seriously, a BMW 740iL no way will fetch only $14k. Real rip-off.

I had sold my car Dec 01 E39 525ia with 25k body value, so is it a good value? I can't tell, but I am happy with the value the dealer offered. :)
This is very subjective type of case I shall say, cos some told me below 20k mark some told me close to 30k. :argue:
When I asked about where can I find such high offer dealer, and no body seem to be very sure and more like hearsay type of thingy. :sickinbe:
If anyone want to get higher value you need to work harder to get the rite source, else wll be willing seller and willing buyer and accept the offer.

One very last thing is you need to get as many quote as possible from different dealers, else si liao also dun know why.
Becos majority of the car dealers will use GPMG to gun down your car value and make a fast one.......is a norm of the trade :furious:

Chicken Kid said:
:stop!: Cannot use Benzworld as a guide. He is selling the body and is running a business, not charity. If you expect to get the price the benzworld put on his website, try harder. Advertise in the Straits Time and also the internet, employ admin staffs and sales people to do it, maybe, you get a chance. As for the body of the 318 that is 1.5 years old, $20k is about right. however, why would you want to export that body. Can sell in local market. you fetch a higher price selling it in the local market because you do not have to sustain paper loss (if you do understand what I mean), which is 7.5% now. Don't get me wrong, I'm actually a car dealer and at the same time a BMW enthusiasts. :helpp!: Just remember that dealers need to make a living too and if you are going to use our selling price as a guide for you to sell you car, by all means, but advertise in the papers and do all the documentations yourself. Not to forget, full settle the car yourself first before you can do anything and dealers have to fork out the money for you to do so. Anyway, to answer your question, the price of the body is about right but check your PARF, because I think that you can actually sell it in the local market for the 318 that you mentioned. :topicsuc: I hate to say this but as dealers, we meet cutomers who actually doesn't know the trade and pretend to know tonnes. I see some advice in this forum that actually sucks, inaccurate and unreasonable. In the first place, why drive a beamer if you care about the few hundreds or maybe a thousnad or two that a dealer may reap you off? Drive a COE Suzuki Swift instead and you would not have to bother about the prices of the body and things like that because the body of the Swift costs nothing. Everything is cheaper too. In hokkien, they say "Ai hiong siew, Ai jiap siew". Meaning, you want to enjoy, you must accept! :)

always good to have a self-confessed dealer on board. can u give me your learned opinion on how much the body of the following car shd fetch?

Jan 2001 740iL
1 owner, black on black with sunroof GPS etc
OMV $104.3k, Cat B COE $30.5k
If your offer gd, I go to u.

T6 said:
always good to have a self-confessed dealer on board. can u give me your learned opinion on how much the body of the following car shd fetch?

Jan 2001 740iL
1 owner, black on black with sunroof GPS etc
OMV $104.3k, Cat B COE $30.5k
If your offer gd, I go to u.
not forgetting that also confessed that there is no wrong to ripped BM drivers off...

arsenal62 said:
One very last thing is you need to get as many quote as possible from different dealers, else si liao also dun know why. Becos majority of the car dealers will use GPMG to gun down your car value and make a fast one.......is a norm of the trade :furious:

Totally agree with u. There is a specific column in ST Classified where the exporters advertise their services. Calling 10 of them will give u a very good sense of roughly how much the car body is worth. Alot of dealers make $$$ because the owner does not know that the car body is worth anything at all or when the owner juz go to the showroom, wanna buy a new car, and the sales guy hooked him up with a used car dealer or exporter to get rid of his old ride. So the owner does not get that kind of exposure. But end of the day, willing buyer/seller. If owner/seller is hardworkingand ask around, will definitely save a few grand.

The fact that we drive Bimmers doesn't mean we bought with our grandfather's $$$. Some worked hard, made good money and pamper themselves with a nice ride. Doesn't mean we have to lose big time for the benefit of others.

T6 said:
Totally agree with u. There is a specific column in ST Classified where the exporters advertise their services. Calling 10 of them will give u a very good sense of roughly how much the car body is worth. Alot of dealers make $$$ because the owner does not know that the car body is worth anything at all or when the owner juz go to the showroom, wanna buy a new car, and the sales guy hooked him up with a used car dealer or exporter to get rid of his old ride. So the owner does not get that kind of exposure. But end of the day, willing buyer/seller. If owner/seller is hardworkingand ask around, will definitely save a few grand.

The fact that we drive Bimmers doesn't mean we bought with our grandfather's $$$. Some worked hard, made good money and pamper themselves with a nice ride. Doesn't mean we have to lose big time for the benefit of others.
I agree that car dealers need to earn a living as well but remarks like being ripped off is ok is like saying it is ok for us to let dealers chop our heads even if we know it, mainly because we are "bimmer" drivers and should accept being ripped off. Simi logic? Does that mean our money is not hard earned? Comments like these from dealers reinforces the stereotypical view that all dealers are unscrupulous. Dun be mistaken though, there are honest dealers out there and they genuinely want to please seller and buyer and I have dealt with these honest dealers before but they are a rare breed.

Although so many of you OT my thread until so jialat...I hope that admin will forgive you guys. hahahaha..EH SAM!! Never do work ah!!.hahahaaha

I m not someone swimming in cash who doesn't mind losing a few thousand just becos i drive a bimmer. If this thread and my perceived intention displays that, then guilty as charged :)

Chicken Kid said:
:stop!: Cannot use Benzworld as a guide. He is selling the body and is running a business, not charity. If you expect to get the price the benzworld put on his website, try harder.

I mentioned in a previous thread u have to shave the prices off a few k.

Guys, these are the steps you should consider to get a good price on the car.

1)Advertise in the Straits Time*
2)also the internet*
3)employ admin staffs
4)employ sales people

After all this effort,

Chicken Kid said:
maybe, you get a chance.

The 1st 2 in * I think very practical advice. Cheers on that. The other 2 will eat into your final selling price. So i personally recommend against it.

Chicken Kid said:
:As for the body of the 318 that is 1.5 years old, $20k is about right. however, why would you want to export that body. Can sell in local market. you fetch a higher price selling it in the local market because you do not have to sustain paper loss (if you do understand what I mean), which is 7.5% now.

[Note abvmentioned benefits.]

Chicken Kid said:
:Don't get me wrong, I'm actually a car dealer and at the same time a BMW enthusiasts. :helpp!: Just remember that dealers need to make a living too and if you are going to use our selling price as a guide for you to sell you car, by all means, but advertise in the papers and do all the documentations yourself. Not to forget, full settle the car yourself first before you can do anything and dealers have to fork out the money for you to do so. Anyway, to answer your question, the price of the body is about right but check your PARF, because I think that you can actually sell it in the local market for the 318 that you mentioned. :topicsuc:

My earlier posts have asked for understanding from sellers that dealers need to make money as well. I'm pro compromise.
Life is tuff enough la..everybody walk away happy la...but my name not robert ma..I know a rodney tho...hahahaha

Chicken Kid said:
:I hate to say this but as dealers, we meet cutomers who actually doesn't know the trade and pretend to know tonnes.

*sigh* Your line of work is so tough. There probably are many ppl in other industries who face ur dilemma.

Chicken Kid said:
:I see some advice in this forum that actually sucks, inaccurate and unreasonable. In the first place, why drive a beamer if you care about the few hundreds or maybe a thousnad or two that a dealer may reap you off?

This statement sort of means that dealers DO rip you off doesn't it? I disagree that driving a beemer means that I should let the dealer fleece me. Compromise la? can? Both side win. Swee swee..

The areas where u see discrepancy, we welcome you to align our thoughts. Always happy to learn something new. If you back it up with your extensive experience, I'm sure we'll all benefit. Cos u will get less unreasonable customers. And we'll spread your knowledge okie?:)

Chicken Kid said:
:Drive a COE Suzuki Swift instead and you would not have to bother about the prices of the body and things like that because the body of the Swift costs nothing. Everything is cheaper too. In hokkien, they say "Ai hiong siew, Ai jiap siew". Meaning, you want to enjoy, you must accept! :)

But suzuki swift dun have angel eyes la...and I find that ppl dun really look at the driver in a swift..unless he accident..then singaporeans favourite past time...4d number...hahahaahaha

I will try to find time to put my motto into my signature, to appease the aggrieved ones.

"want sui, but boh lui"

Till next time, happy n safe driving to all!

Chicken Kid said:
: . In the first place, why drive a beamer if you care about the few hundreds or maybe a thousnad or two that a dealer may reap you off? Drive a COE Suzuki Swift instead and you would not have to bother about the prices of the body and things like that because the body of the Swift costs nothing. Everything is cheaper too. In hokkien, they say "Ai hiong siew, Ai jiap siew". Meaning, you want to enjoy, you must accept! :)

Doesnt mean that being a bimmer driver u can dun care abt few hundreds or thousands of dollars... Din noe money so easy to earn nowaday.. even Area G is hving a tough time.... If i not shiok, few dollars i oso dun give.. So your quote is out man!!

My chai always quote this to me : Ai hiong siew, Ai jiap siew... I always Lan lan.. hahahah

ok.. i m out of here again.. Bye Bye!!

bugaboo said:
hmm... driving a bimmer does not mean we have to accept being ripped off by dealer (or anyone else for that matter) by few hundreds or even 1 or 2 thousands. I don't think its right.

i totally agree with you bugaboo!

chicken kid: your thinking very "heong" leh. cool down! i know dealer must earn. but ripping us off is wrong mentalilty!!!

Why should driving a bimmer be any different from driving cars of other makes? It doesn't warrant the need to accept we MUST be ripped off. We also bought our bimmers with hard earned cash. Simi Ai Hiong Siew, Ai Jiap Siew?? Ai Hiong Siew means Ai Jiap Siew kena ripped off or kena pay lower for car body??? Simi logic?

SL2 said:
Simi Ai Hiong Siew, Ai Jiap Siew?? Ai Hiong Siew means Ai Jiap Siew kena ripped off or kena pay lower for car body??? Simi logic?

Please elaborate more to me what this hokkian mean when we meet as you know my hokkian is cant make it. I ever kena ripped off by 2 car dealer... bad experience.. emm.. but seem like those who cheated my hard earn money doesn't have good ending. :yummie:

actually whats our car body value now ? quite interested to know also. :)

calvin said:
Please elaborate more to me what this hokkian mean when we meet as you know my hokkian is cant make it. I ever kena ripped off by 2 car dealer... bad experience.. emm.. but seem like those who cheated my hard earn money doesn't have good ending. :yummie:

actually whats our car body value now ? quite interested to know also. :)
Yours shd be about 13k now, sell it quickly and get MPV like Nick since u already expecting twins

MW said:
Yours shd be about 13k now, sell it quickly and get MPV like Nick since u already expecting twins

13K :naughty: twins? after u... :yummie:

Chicken Kid said:

In today's capitalistic world, your prices will be up for scrutiny. This forum is just a spot for car enthusiast to park and discuss about car, inevitably car prices will be mentioned. If someone is kind enough to input car prices here for the forumers and the general public, we really ought to be thankful to him for the effort instead of blasting off at him. This thread besides helping car sellers gauage a better price for their rides, car buyers here like yourself can go straight to the point and offer a good price without the need to haggle and offer other services at a premium. Why the need to rip bimmer owners I don't understand. Do you like to be rip when you sell your ride? Oh, of cos not you won't be rip cos you have all the information you need as a car dealer. Information is power, and in this thread, power is shifted to the general public!

Finally, like to take this opportunity to thank Nuke in his effort to provide us a better guide to car body prices. Keep up the good work and hopefully this thread will blossom and even car dealers will quietly sneak in here and check if their prices are inline with market. Everyone has a part to play in here, post your prices when you sell, that way all are aware of the pricing, and can inform you if the price you have just been offered for your ride is reasonable or just a rip off!

Cheers to Nuke!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
e2betvnmobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back