Car Jerk Forward when coming to a stop

delrosa81

A few months back, I noticed that when I do hard braking to a complete stop, there is a noticeable hard jerk forwards, and just recently adding on to the first problem, during driving, u can feel the gear like jerking then suddenly U feel a small surge forwards machiam like drop gear but then no gear changes, dunno how to explain exactly also.

Anyone experience anything similiar? Wanna make sure what problem Im having before going to PML for them to check, in case they try to smoke me. Many thanks :)

Re: Car Jerk Forward when coming to a stop

i believe its the gear downshifting on the very last min, hence the jerking. i get that sometimes too but maybe not as pronounced as yours. does it happen everytime? if so, can show the tester when u go back and probably ask them to reset the gear transmission.

Slater;481254 said:
i believe its the gear downshifting on the very last min, hence the jerking. i get that sometimes too but maybe not as pronounced as yours. does it happen everytime? if so, can show the tester when u go back and probably ask them to reset the gear transmission.

Hmm PML has already reset once, now the problem has come back, Im worried on the gearbox going kaput........i tink send into PML for them to check again. kekeke Thanks Slater :)

delrosa81;481262 said:
Hmm PML has already reset once, now the problem has come back, Im worried on the gearbox going kaput........i tink send into PML for them to check again. kekeke Thanks Slater :)
if u r uncertain better to make a case. try and insist they do something to gear box. have a record so in case ur warranty just expired and the issue resurfaces, u can claim repairs for free!

Slater;481267 said:
if u r uncertain better to make a case. try and insist they do something to gear box. have a record so in case ur warranty just expired and the issue resurfaces, u can claim repairs for free!

Thanks alot for the advice Slater! Will go do so when I find time, most prob next sat. :)

i saw 2 of these cases before...one is gearbox chui... ask PML claim and change..

another is some software problem.. just reset it...

if ur car still under warranty dont worry

Terry;481361 said:
i saw 2 of these cases before...one is gearbox chui... ask PML claim and change..

another is some software problem.. just reset it...

if ur car still under warranty dont worry

Hi Terry, thanks for your advise, actually Im very worried that its gearbox chui, bcos even though under warranty, need to press hard and firm on the SAs before they help to claim warranty. Hopefully can get it solved asap. :)

I also encounter sometimes. Is there anyway to reset myself or it have to be send back to PML for reset?

Silver31;481772 said:
I also encounter sometimes. Is there anyway to reset myself or it have to be send back to PML for reset?
PML. reload software. met a bro who just did it recently. said the car is alive again!

have to be quite convincing else CSA will not reset. try going back 1 or 2 times so that there is a track record of ur issue

i agreed with the BROs here, send the car back to PML to re program the gear box. i did the same and its back silky smooth.

Bros,

Any idea if PML charges for software reset/reload after warranty?

wkkok;482119 said:
Bros,

Any idea if PML charges for software reset/reload after warranty?
confirm charge. not cheap as well.

Slater;481809 said:
PML. reload software. met a bro who just did it recently. said the car is alive again!

have to be quite convincing else CSA will not reset. try going back 1 or 2 times so that there is a track record of ur issue

acupunch;481965 said:
i agreed with the BROs here, send the car back to PML to re program the gear box. i did the same and its back silky smooth.

Ohhh okok I shall go bug my CSA kekekekeke :p

wkkok;482286 said:
Thanks bro. Looks find out at next service.
why dun u make appt and send it in one time b4 ur actual service? knowing them they will turn u down and at least come ur service u have prior record, so u have a better case to reset transmission

I had this problem since a year back...finally got PML to have the software was re-program recently during my servicing. Its was smooth for now.

keithinsf;482421 said:
I had this problem since a year back...finally got PML to have the software was re-program recently during my servicing. Its was smooth for now.
how much effort and pestering did it take u?

Slater;482348 said:
why dun u make appt and send it in one time b4 ur actual service? knowing them they will turn u down and at least come ur service u have prior record, so u have a better case to reset transmission

Thanks. Will give that a shot. Problem is my ride's out of warranty. Keep you guys posted.

Any good workshop with a laptop can reprogramme it, they can even mod the gear change point and hardness.

Is there a way to reset it on an E90? I know on an E46 you depress the gas pedal to the floor with ignition on (engine not running) for like 10 seconds and it resets the agearbox ECU, something like that anyway

phil;482661 said:
Any good workshop with a laptop can reprogramme it, they can even mod the gear change point and hardness.

Is there a way to reset it on an E90? I know on an E46 you depress the gas pedal to the floor with ignition on (engine not running) for like 10 seconds and it resets the agearbox ECU, something like that anyway
agreed that for E46 it works. but for E90 i dun think it does. check with a tech and he confirmed it. have to do reprogramming

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nehasingh028

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back