Car lost power

Re: Car lost power

paiseh revive this thread again...cause i suspect it might be the same problem (valvetronic, fuel pump or ignition coil)...

my car when moving off also suddenly lost of power...

case in point: previously i tried to reverse on an up slope or move off from one....suddenly power cut...cannot move...machiam engine dead...then i need to switch off engine then start again...sibei jialat...

same problem anot?

Time to change car

wt_know;618275 said:
hahaha
is this is the new tagline to replace ... comes with sprintbooster? ... opps that's terry !

Errr nope, the sprint booster tagline belongs to Toto?

Carconvoy;618252 said:
paiseh revive this thread again...cause i suspect it might be the same problem (valvetronic, fuel pump or ignition coil)...

my car when moving off also suddenly lost of power...

case in point: previously i tried to reverse on an up slope or move off from one....suddenly power cut...cannot move...machiam engine dead...then i need to switch off engine then start again...sibei jialat...

same problem anot?

From personal experience, prelude to valvetronic failure. Better got it checked out. Btw, what model are you driving?

pengful;618398 said:
From personal experience, prelude to valvetronic failure. Better got it checked out. Btw, what model are you driving?

actually have been happening for months...everytime try to show the workshop, it happens perfectly fine...

e90 pre-fl 320i :whatthe:

XXX;580066 said:
did you install tuning device like Unichip etc?

Will Unichip caused that??????

hitmee;618581 said:
Why Pcc? U can always look for milk15.

Look for me???? u wan Akm for me?????

Not sure if I am facing the same issue. Occasionally (by which I mean about 25% of the time), I feel the car acting up strange. The engine note just sounded different when going though the revs, and the car basically takes a longer time to accelerate ie definately feels more sluggish as though its trying to pick up speed at a higher gear. Then magically, when starting off at the next traffic light, all goes fine again.

What is the causes of such symptoms? My mileage is about 80k now. Problems with the sensors or vacumn tubes turning hard and causing pressure loss/leaks etc? Or could it be with the fuel pump? However, there are no error codes thrown up. Mine's a 325i.

pengful;580062 said:
1-2 seconds kinda feeling. The feeling is like you step on it but car just would not move, then it slowly picks up again.

step the paddle faster instead of gradually. try if this help

kungfupanda;620897 said:
Not sure if I am facing the same issue. Occasionally (by which I mean about 25% of the time), I feel the car acting up strange. The engine note just sounded different when going though the revs, and the car basically takes a longer time to accelerate ie definately feels more sluggish as though its trying to pick up speed at a higher gear. Then magically, when starting off at the next traffic light, all goes fine again.

What is the causes of such symptoms? My mileage is about 80k now. Problems with the sensors or vacumn tubes turning hard and causing pressure loss/leaks etc? Or could it be with the fuel pump? However, there are no error codes thrown up. Mine's a 325i.

hey bro, I'm not sure if we are facing the same problem but my 325i does feel sluggish at times as well. Went for servicing in pml just last week but no problem detected though.

I do encountered such a problem occasionally, either when making U-turn or when try to move off after traffic light.

Went down to PML few times, and told them the problem, they tested drive but smooth sailing.

I believed it should be a common problem but they just shooted back unless it happen during their test drive, else they couldn.t detect it.

My ride still under warrranty, it a mid 09 FL 320i. Maybe they r trying to delay till warranty over so that they don't need to replace FOC?

Let me revive this old thread

Recently, the same problem happen to me. when slowing car down and upon acceleration, the car experience no power for 3-5seconds. Power kicks back only after feathering with the thorttle.

Really wonder what could be the problem. Mileage of my ride 80k. Could this be a serious problem? Also, I see many times in this thread with regards to valvetronic motor. Any bros can advise how much does it cost to replace?

Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubmobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back